Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Norbit for $7.99 after MIR at FYE B&M

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-07, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norbit for $7.99 after MIR at FYE B&M

I was doing some price changes at work today and noticed that Norbit is now on sale for $14.99 with a $7 MIR. This just started today, but I wouldn't be surprised if the sale price changes in the next couple of days since it's probably a mistake. (The powers that be probably forgot that it was still on rebate through next week.) This deal should work at any FYE, even if they don't have the correct pricing or signs up.

I personally don't have any interest in the film, but I figured somebody on here might. Seems like a decent deal for a movie that just came out last week. Just remember to make copies of your receipt and rebate form before you mail them in.
Old 06-10-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
That sounds like a decent deal. Is this movie worth that much?
Old 06-10-07, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ericn101
Really is $20.40: $19.99 + $.41 postage + never get the rebate = $20.40. F.Y.E should stand for - [F]uck [Y]ou-over [E]verytime.

If you follow the directions for the rebates, they're really pretty easy. They just take awhile to show up. But if you don't want to deal with the rebates I can't say that I blame you. Some people have had bad experiences with them, but I'd say I've done about 40+ rebates with FYE over the past couple of years and only ran into problems once or twice. Then I just faxed in the copies of my forms and stuff and got it straightend out.
Old 06-10-07, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea

That depends. I haven't seen it, but it's pretty cheap for a new release. Some of the stuff on the previews looked kinda funny. (Eddie Murphy playing several different characters a la 'Nutty Professor'.) Who knows? It might be good for a few sight gag laughs.
Old 06-10-07, 10:29 PM
PPP

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
It has a 3.3 rating on IMDB. I have yet to hear anything good about it. I know comedy is subjective and different people find different things funny but this sounds like a major stinker. From the DVDTalk review, "This movie really has very little redeeming value. After seeing it, I honestly believe that Norbit cost Eddie Murphy an Oscar. Hopefully he'll stop accepting roles like this, no matter how big the paycheck, and stick to more quality productions from now on. Avoid this movie like the plague." LOL!
Old 06-11-07, 12:32 AM

Anyone who buys the high def version of this movie should have their DVD Talk membership revoked.
Old 06-11-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by PPP
It has a 3.3 rating on IMDB. I have yet to hear anything good about it. I know comedy is subjective and different people find different things funny but this sounds like a major stinker. From the DVDTalk review, "This movie really has very little redeeming value. After seeing it, I honestly believe that Norbit cost Eddie Murphy an Oscar. Hopefully he'll stop accepting roles like this, no matter how big the paycheck, and stick to more quality productions from now on. Avoid this movie like the plague." LOL!
So I guess the movie should be free then and include some compensation for brain loss as well.