Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Columbia House Quality?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Columbia House Quality?

Old 06-01-07, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Columbia House Quality?

Has anyone had a problem with the quality of Columbia House DVDs? I love my membership and get great deals there, but I am wondering where they get their stock from. Sometimes the discs are scratched, the movie skips, etc when they are supposed to be brand new. Anyone have the same experience? Are these returned videos or something?
Old 06-01-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You're 0 for 2-this thread belongs in the DVD Clubs forum. CH DVDs are the same as you would get from the store. However, I have occasionally received a rewrapped DVD. Since they do take the enrollment DVDs back if you decide to opt out of the club after the first 10 days, they will rewrap those DVDs and send them back out. I don't receive too many used DVDs from CH, but I consider it the price of doing business to get such great deals(as long as the used DVD is mint).
Old 06-01-07, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Welcome to the forum!

You're 0 for 2-this thread belongs in the DVD Clubs forum. CH DVDs are the same as you would get from the store. However, I have occasionally received a rewrapped DVD. Since they do take the enrollment DVDs back if you decide to opt out of the club after the first 10 days, they will rewrap those DVDs and send them back out. I don't receive too many used DVDs from CH, but I consider it the price of doing business to get such great deals(as long as the used DVD is mint).
sorry, but thanks for your reply!!! I will take pride in my CH membership from now on...