Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Traveler "The Retreat" 5/30/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Traveler "The Retreat" 5/30/07

Figured since there is nothing else on, might as well start threads about this show. I didn't spoilerize the summary because it doesn't really give anything away.

Summary:
After being framed for a terrorist attack and fleeing New York, Jay Burchell and Tyler Fog are now on the run from the FBI. They escape to Carlton Fog's private retreat, but begin to question the loyalty of a power broker whom Fog has hired to save them. Meanwhile, FBI agents question Kim Doherty, Jay's girlfriend.
Old 05-30-07, 01:09 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Haven't seen this since the pilot back in August...which is on before the new ep tonight. I'll be watching both. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-30-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else going to watch these 2 episodes?
Old 05-30-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait, I really liked the pilot.
Old 05-30-07, 07:46 PM

I will be watching. This could be the best new series of the summer.
Old 05-30-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm watching now. Didn't see the pilot when it originally aired so watching both now
Old 05-30-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

didn't know this was on so i started watching smallville season 2. guess, i need to catch up now. haha.
Old 05-30-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
They should put this back to back with Kyle XY. At least there would be a night where there would be something to look forward to instead of all the reruns on the regular networks.
Old 05-30-07, 10:05 PM
Suspended

Good show. I like that it's only going to be what, 8 eps? And then that's it, supposedly, right?

So is the dad in on it? Or is he naive to the whole deal?

Why the hell they would want these 2 dead and framed for blowing up a museum, and Traveller's existence completely wiped out?
Old 05-30-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still feels way too much like they're trying to combine Prison Break (who isn't in on the conspiracy?) and The Fugitive, with a hint of Lost via the flashbacks. Decent summer fare I suppose, but for once I wish the networks would have the balls to write out a show with one or two seasons from start to finish without stringing along the viewers on some wild goose chase.
Old 05-30-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aktick
Good show. I like that it's only going to be what, 8 eps? And then that's it, supposedly, right?
It would be fantastic if that were the case. Somehow, though, I think that's giving ABC way too much credit in the artistic integrity department.
Old 05-30-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I sort of tuned out of it, got off the couch once the show started with them on the run and getting to the checkpoint at the accident. It just wasn't grabbing my full attention, so I had the show on in the background and went back to surfing on the net, and it never enticed me to return to the couch for the rest of the show. Sure, I know the basic plot points, but it just didn't fully engage my interest. I think I can't stand the rich kid, what a dope.
Old 05-30-07, 10:26 PM

I enjoyed both episodes tonight. I will continue watching until the end.
Old 05-30-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thought it was pretty good. Nothing great but enough to hold me over for the summer. I'll keep watching (until it's canceled)
Old 05-30-07, 10:43 PM
Suspended

I also liked seeing Buck Compton at the end. It's weird for me, because it seems he's now playing a "bad guy" in the work he's doing...but I will forever see him as Buck Compton (my favorite character) from Band of Brothers.

Last edited by aktick; 05-30-07 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-30-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Is that it? I got the idea that ABC just put in an order for 8 eps, but then it would be increased if it was picked up...in which case they probably wouldn't have a solid ending....anyone have any more info on this??
Old 05-30-07, 10:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Is that it? I got the idea that ABC just put in an order for 8 eps, but then it would be increased if it was picked up...in which case they probably wouldn't have a solid ending....anyone have any more info on this??
Well the pilot for this was done, IIRC, over a year ago. Not sure how many of the other eps were done a long time ago. But I think they just had so many made, and ABC never used it as a replacement during the fall or spring, so they are just burning them off now. I just want a solid ending.
Old 05-30-07, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This show feels like a Fox show...just waiting for the axe!
Old 05-30-07, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still having a hard time getting by:

If these two guys are supposed to have set off the bomb (in the eyes of the authorities), why the hell would they have drawn immense attention to themselves by rollerblading through the museum right before the bomb goes off? It doesn't even occur to the Feds that these guys would have to be the two stupidest terrorists in history so maybe something else is going on?
Old 05-31-07, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Isn't ABC just airing these episodes because they cost so much?
Old 05-31-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I thought this was a pretty good episode. The pacing was good and the music kept the tension going. I'm definitely sticking around the next 6 weeks to see how this plays out.

I believe ABC is airing this as summer burn off. They couldn't find a place for this in their fall or spring schedule and they only ordered 8 episodes. The ratings would have to be spectacular for them to even consider a 2nd season, which they won't. So hopefully episode 8 will be the series finale.
Old 05-31-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haven't seen this since the pilot back in August...which is on before the new ep tonight. I'll be watching both. Looking forward to it.
Huh? Three weeks ago they gave the pilot a "sneak preview" on a Thursday night (5/10) which was the first time it had aired.

Originally Posted by Patman
I sort of tuned out of it, got off the couch once the show started with them on the run and getting to the checkpoint at the accident. It just wasn't grabbing my full attention, so I had the show on in the background and went back to surfing on the net, and it never enticed me to return to the couch for the rest of the show. Sure, I know the basic plot points, but it just didn't fully engage my interest. I think I can't stand the rich kid, what a dope.
Yeah, I kinda felt the same. I mean it is interesting but not 100% engaging. I wasn't bored, but I didn't feel like it required even 50% of my attention to know what was going on. I hope it is only 8 episodes because this 2 episode already seemed like mostly filler.
Old 05-31-07, 03:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Huh? Three weeks ago they gave the pilot a "sneak preview" on a Thursday night (5/10) which was the first time it had aired.
Back when all the new pilots were making the rounds on the internet.
Old 05-31-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
I did enjoy this more than the first one. I became worried at the end of the first one when they threw in the helper at the end and the mysterious person. Turns out he was the "firms" assistant.

Granted it spurred another storyline, but it moved the plot along.

Yes, I also agree that the rich kid is annoying. He tends to bring down all of the senes with everybody in them.

I wish the boyfriend hadn't picked up the gun at the end. Just dumb if they find it, cause they'll think he killed the cop too.
Old 05-31-07, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah.. so are we going to see thing resolved at the end of the 8 weeks or will the story be left hanging?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.