Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

"Ichi The Killer" (2-Disc Blood Pack)...any chance for in-store?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-27-07, 11:44 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts

This is coming out on Tuesday. Anyone think it would be at Circuit of Best Buy?

Last edited by OldBoy; 05-27-07 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-27-07, 11:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw this out already at two local Best Buy stores. The packaging is really neat!
Old 05-27-07, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dysoman
I saw this out already at two local Best Buy stores. The packaging is really neat!
did you happen to see the price?
Old 05-27-07, 12:43 PM

any early review? how's different from previous release?
Old 05-27-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I seen it at one of the local mom & pop dvd shops I check out from time to time. They had it for about 35 bucks. I was going to blind buy it just because the set looks to nice to pass up, but I figured I'll wait for best buy/circuit city to discount it. Assuming they even carry the thing, which I think they will.
Old 05-27-07, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you go to BB's website and look up a pre-order title...if they note "coming soon" for in-store pick up, it "usually" means that it will be available for in-store pick up.
Old 05-27-07, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by RonBoster
If you go to BB's website and look up a pre-order title...if they note "coming soon" for in-store pick up, it "usually" means that it will be available for in-store pick up.
the bb site doesn't have a picture up yet, but it does say "Coming Soon" under Store Pick-Up, so i guess we'll know Tuesday. they did have "Re-Animator" so there is a chance.

Best Buy linky...
Old 05-27-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

any actual pix of this yet?
Old 05-27-07, 03:43 PM

It was around $22-$23 dollars. The packaging really reminded me of that PC game "Evidence: The Last Ritual", in the way that the packaging is not a "gimmick". (It is not just BB's exclusive "Hills Have Eyes" or "Saw: Blood Edition")
Old 05-27-07, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked it up last week at my local Best Buy for 21.99
Old 05-27-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

aha...you mean it's cooler....well that's why we need some pix!
Old 05-27-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dysoman
It was around $22-$23 dollars. The packaging really reminded me of that PC game "Evidence: The Last Ritual", in the way that the packaging is not a "gimmick". (It is not just BB's exclusive "Hills Have Eyes" or "Saw: Blood Edition")
saw w/blood wasn't exclusive at all...
Old 05-27-07, 07:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by animatedude
any actual pix of this yet?
Here's DVD Empire's scan of the front and back covers.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...tem_id=1305405

Old 05-28-07, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[sarcasm]Ooh a featurette with Eli Roth. I didn't know he had anything to do with this film.[/sarcasm]. I'm surprised they didn't mention this is Quentin Tarantino's 4th favorite film too. Looks like it's got a plastic slip cover or something. Not sure if I'm willing to double dip unless it is really cheap. I have only watched my current copy once.
Old 05-28-07, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
[sarcasm]Ooh a featurette with Eli Roth. I didn't know he had anything to do with this film.[/sarcasm]. I'm surprised they didn't mention this is Quentin Tarantino's 4th favorite film too. Looks like it's got a plastic slip cover or something. Not sure if I'm willing to double dip unless it is really cheap. I have only watched my current copy once.
I have had many incarnations of this particular film on DVD. It is my most favorite film of all time.
Of all the editions, this one seems to have the most "bonus" material.
I to loathe the Eli Roth tag that has to go along with this film, but I like that this edition is being packed with other "related" material.
This is a full blown double dip for me.
Can't wait.
And it ain't gonna be cheap.
Old 05-28-07, 11:16 AM

yeah, i don't understand why it is so expensive. i mean it is a douple dip of a previously released movie that is old in and of itself. it's not like it is a recent theatrical that is getting the twice over. when i saw the prices online i was surprised...
Old 05-29-07, 11:31 AM

Did anyone get this today and tried opening it???
I cannot for the life of me get the blood pack out of the box.
Old 05-29-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After seeing it in person, I'm curious about how to get it out of the bag. Or is it between two flaps...or what? I couldn't make sense of it :S
Old 05-29-07, 01:28 PM

i picked it up this morning...haven't opened it as i'm at work. as an FYI, mine rang up at 25.99 (marked at 21.99) at Best Buy (they had 4 copies). i nearly just paid without noticing, but luckily i caught it. so make sure to pay attention when checking out.

i love the move, i have the original Uncut SE and a Region 2 two disc SE. however, i don't like this set's packaging. the outer plastic case is cheap and the blood bag provides no support to the discs. ugh.

edit: it appears that the blood bag has a front and a back which is fixed closed at the top, left and bottom. the right side seems to have the opening where the two discs lay, again no support - they sit there loose, and it appears that there is a thin piece of plastic between the two discs.

Last edited by skullsdontfade; 05-29-07 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-29-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
Did anyone get this today and tried opening it???
I cannot for the life of me get the blood pack out of the box.
Got it today at BB for $21.99. Actually rang up for $24.99, but I made sure the cashier adjusted the price. I got mine out of the box, but it was tough. I had to slide my hand down inside the box, in front of and behind the blood pack in order to get it to slide out. The blood pack actually sticks to the package because the package is hard plastic (not cardboard) and the blood pack is actually a soft plastic.

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
After seeing it in person, I'm curious about how to get it out of the bag. Or is it between two flaps...or what? I couldn't make sense of it :S
The blood pack is actually 2 parts, a front and back which are sealed together on three sides. On the right side there is an opening to slide the discs out. There is a divider inside the two blood packs which keeps the discs seperate. Also, the discs are pain in the A$$ to get out of the blood pack, since they cling to the packs.
Old 05-29-07, 02:18 PM

thank god... i thought i was the only one struggling to get it out. Anyways, it seems once you get it out once it's fine, even with the discs too. I assume it the sets sitting around untouched for awhile, it will be yet another struggle.
Old 05-29-07, 02:39 PM

this has got to be the worst executed packaging idea ever. cool in theory, but don't expect to enjoy the discs anytime soon.

once you do get it out (the discs) and it will take some time, when you put it back and just let it stand for minutes, the plastic packaging reseals itself to the discs, so each and everytime you want to get at the discs YOU WILL STRUGGLE! and if it is humid in the least forget about it, plan to watch on Saturday and start taking them out on Friday.

i would put them in another case, but that seems to defeat the whole purpose.

oh and if you take that damn eli roth sticker off it will leave it's impression so to speak.
Old 05-29-07, 03:50 PM

damn sweet packaging but impossible to get this crap out. It took me forever to get the blood pack out and now I can't get the damn discs out.
Old 05-29-07, 09:18 PM

for anyone having trouble getting the bloodbag out of the slipcase or the dvds out of the bloodbag, i left my dvds in the cool a/c all day at work and when i took them out, it was fairly easy.

try cooling off your set before opening it.
Old 05-29-07, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gee, sounds like I'm going to be waiting for a reasonable price for such crap packaging...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.