Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Pirates AWE ending after credits?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-07, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read today on comingsoon.net that there was an additional scene after the movie's credits - missed it last night....does anyone know what it is?
Old 05-25-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From Wikipedia:

Spoiler:
After the credits, in a scene captioned "Ten Years Later," a young boy approximately ten years of age is seen singing "Hoist the Colours" as Elizabeth walks behind him. It is implied that this is the child of Will and Elizabeth. The sun sets followed by a green flash and Will, on the mast of The Dutchman, sails towards the shore.
Old 05-25-07, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This is already being discussed in the main Pirates thread.
Old 05-25-07, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
Why did you miss it?
Old 05-25-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Believe me he's not the only one. I went to the 8pm showing last night & I was one of only 3 people in a packed house to stay after the credits. On my way out of the theater I told all the people in line for the 2 late showings to stay for a post credit scene & they were all surprised & thankful & said they'd make sure to stay. I'd bet the word will get out everywhere to stay & see the post credit scene.
Old 05-25-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If people stayed to the conclusion of the film (which includes credits), no one would miss anything.
Old 05-25-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is there a definitive list of movies with scenes after the credits? I'd start a thread, but I know someone would say its already been discussed.
Old 05-25-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
If people stayed to the conclusion of the film (which includes credits), no one would miss anything.

My thoughts EXACTLY.
Old 05-25-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd do that if i didn't have to waste time seeing who the caterers were for every production along with other assorted names that take 10 minutes long.
Old 05-25-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'd do that if i didn't have to waste time seeing who the caterers were for every production along with other assorted names that take 10 minutes long.
To me it's the same as going to a concert and leaving then missing an encore. Even leaving a sporting event where you think you know the outcome because one team is ahead by something one might look at as insurmountable, only to have the team behind come back for a win.

If you HAVE to leave, then leave. But if people bitch and moan about missing things after the credits, I'm sorry, I have no sympathy. I'll admit I don't stay for the credits all the time, but I will stay for the most part. But if I have to pee, you bet I'm leaving during the credits.
Old 05-25-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would probably only do so if the post-credit scene was important to the film somehow, but a good deal of post-credit scenes are merely amusing and don't provide any additional context to the film.

The post-credit scene to POTC: DMC, for example, had
Spoiler:
Barbarossa's monkey sitting in the 'throne' on cannibal island, implying that it is the new deity that the cannibals worship, after Jack escaped the island.
It was amusing, but didn't change the context of the film, nor does it lead into AWE (or does it?).
Old 05-25-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When I watched the movie, I'm the only one who stayed in the theatre until the very end. I got the extra scene, and then I got an empty restroom (think how full it would be if I got out as soon as the end credit roll).
Old 05-25-07, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Great thing is that the scene actually advances the whole "Pirates" mythology along.
Old 05-25-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Yavin
I would probably only do so if the post-credit scene was important to the film somehow, but a good deal of post-credit scenes are merely amusing and don't provide any additional context to the film.

The post-credit scene to POTC: DMC, for example, had
Spoiler:
Barbarossa's monkey sitting in the 'throne' on cannibal island, implying that it is the new deity that the cannibals worship, after Jack escaped the island.
It was amusing, but didn't change the context of the film, nor does it lead into AWE (or does it?).

it wasnt the moneky it was the dog
Old 05-25-07, 04:57 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by maingon
it wasnt the moneky it was the dog
right. the monkey easter egg was the end of CotBP.

i did likes this egg the best as it was relevant and wasn't just added as a treat for stayers. this one actually is warm and a better ending then thinking we are leading into another adventure. i like the closure aspect better than a little cliffhanger.

this one is actually worth staying and something that should be missed by those that didn't stay.

Last edited by OldBoy; 05-25-07 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-26-07, 01:00 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually, the post-credit scene in CBP gives you information that lets you know why Jack the monkey is still undead in Dead Man's Chest.

Last edited by Supermallet; 05-27-07 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-26-07, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
I didn't go see the movie at all- in fact I never saw the other 2 Pirates movies either. Anyone know what I missed?
Old 05-26-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i never watched this in the first two movies. maybe i will watch the end before i go to see AWE.
Old 05-26-07, 07:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
If the lights don't get turned back on all the way there is generally something after the credits.
Old 05-26-07, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Regarding the meaning of the post-credit scene in AWE:
Spoiler:
There was some dialogue cut from Tia Dalma when talking to Jones, where it's revealed that if the lover of the Dutchman's captain stays true in those 10 years, then he'll be freed of his duty forever. It makes Jones a truly sympathetic character because it implies she strayed on him and damned him for another 10 years, which is why he wanted her dead.

So when Will returns, he's returning for good; which is why there is a green flash; something that only happens when a soul returns from the dead.
Old 05-26-07, 08:57 PM
Banned by request

Wow, I can't believe they cut that dialogue out. That completely changes the whole meaning of the end of the film. What the hell were they thinking?
Old 05-26-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The post-credits scene is set ten years after the events in the movie, Elizabeth Swann is in it, and she doesn't look a day older.

I think the scene's meaning is that Jack actually
Spoiler:
found the fountain of youth and shared it with her.
Old 05-26-07, 11:52 PM
Banned by request

I hope not, that would be a really lame twist.
Old 05-27-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Actually, the post-credit scene in CBP gives you information that lets you know why Jack the money is still undead in Dead Man's Chest.

Heh, during a certain scene in AWE I wondered if anyone would remember that. It makes that scene a lot easier to deal with.
Old 05-27-07, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Regarding the meaning of the post-credit scene in AWE:
Spoiler:
There was some dialogue cut from Tia Dalma when talking to Jones, where it's revealed that if the lover of the Dutchman's captain stays true in those 10 years, then he'll be freed of his duty forever. It makes Jones a truly sympathetic character because it implies she strayed on him and damned him for another 10 years, which is why he wanted her dead.

So when Will returns, he's returning for good; which is why there is a green flash; something that only happens when a soul returns from the dead.
Interesting.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.