Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Did ANYBODY watch the series finale of 7th Heaven tonight?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-07, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to watch this show up until the musical episode...well, actually before the musical episode, but after the musical episode I never looked back.

This show used to be the powerhouse of family TV, but did any families or anybody here at all watch the series finale tonight? I wanted to, but I couldn't even muster up the courage to turn it on to see how far down this show had gotten. I had seen probably about 5 minutes total of the current season on CW and was boggled at why they decided to bring this show back. It was like watching a dying man hopped up on drugs just to keep him alive for a while longer on life support. It was sad and pathetic.

But, hey, maybe I was wrong...maybe they actually did have a good series finale. The Camdens ride off in an RV. How can that be bad, right? RIGHT???
Old 05-20-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com...ontent/a13117/
Old 05-20-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by calhoun07
I used to watch this show up until the musical episode...well, actually before the musical episode, but after the musical episode I never looked back.

This show used to be the powerhouse of family TV, but did any families or anybody here at all watch the series finale tonight? I wanted to, but I couldn't even muster up the courage to turn it on to see how far down this show had gotten. I had seen probably about 5 minutes total of the current season on CW and was boggled at why they decided to bring this show back. It was like watching a dying man hopped up on drugs just to keep him alive for a while longer on life support. It was sad and pathetic.

But, hey, maybe I was wrong...maybe they actually did have a good series finale. The Camdens ride off in an RV. How can that be bad, right? RIGHT???
i saw the first and last 15 minutes of it. I usesd to like this show early on; but I lost track of it when they brought in all these new cast members and focused much less on the original family members.
Old 05-20-07, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the link, but 19 freaking pages? Geez, it would have been easier just to watch it on TV.
Old 05-21-07, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am soooo glad this show is gone!
Old 05-21-07, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts
I have to admit, I've never seen so much as 5 minutes of any episode, but through the years I've gotten the jist of what the show is. I read one review that stated that the finale ended with a supernatural twist. Just for shits and giggles I'm curious what the twist was. Anyone care to spoil it for me?
Old 05-21-07, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I watched the show from season 2 to around season 6 or so... and then completely lost track.

Personally I liked this series finale much better than last years, eventhough it was much more subdude and stuff....
Old 05-21-07, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I used to watch this show, up until the year after Biel left. After that, and I don't think it was caused by her leaving, I stopped watching. It got annoying how everyone was butting their noses into other people's business, as well as how no one ever said good bye. That drove me nuts, because it happened several times in each episode.

Anyway, I would be interested in a quick recap of the finale, if anyone saw it. 19 pages is a bit more than I care to invest.
Old 05-21-07, 02:06 AM

Quick Recap

- The General Gave Erik and Annie an RV as a "get well present" to Erik
- Lucy and her husband think about moving to another town
- Erik decides to go on a road-trip with no set time-limit/destination
- Lucy/husband think Erik might still be sick
- Ruthie graduates high school and picks T-bone
- Simon graduates college and marries a girl we never meet
Old 05-21-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone was afraid to watch... if the ratings are too good, CW may just "uncancel" it.
Old 05-21-07, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I don't watch this show, but my wife does. Wasn't the finale last week, and yesterday was just a rerun of the finale?
Old 05-21-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought this show ended years ago.
Old 05-21-07, 12:58 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
I thought this show ended years ago.
Any reason for watching the show was gone after Jessica Biel quit, so in essence you are correct.
Old 05-21-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
I don't watch this show, but my wife does. Wasn't the finale last week, and yesterday was just a rerun of the finale?
I thought the finale was May 13.

This has a summary of the finale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Awa...87th_Heaven%29

As with others, I stopped watching the show years ago, not only because of Mary's leaving, but also because of Matt's leaving.

The younger kids and new characters just weren't interesting.
Old 05-21-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I have to admit, I've never seen so much as 5 minutes of any episode, but through the years I've gotten the jist of what the show is. I read one review that stated that the finale ended with a supernatural twist. Just for shits and giggles I'm curious what the twist was. Anyone care to spoil it for me?
The last two minutes is up on You Tube...

From what I saw, some black man came up to travel with Eric. I am not sure who he was, but I just assumed he was a friend they invited along. Apparently, it was some kind of "Touched by an Angel" vibe...so this black man appears out of nowhere and Eric says, yeah, hey, come along!

I guess that's how it happened. I could watch the other You Tube videos leading up to it to see who the guy was exactly, but I was just going off user comments to the one video I watched.
Old 05-21-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,210 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Hey thanks. Given the show's premise I assumed it was some sort of spiritual twist.
Old 05-22-07, 05:10 AM

Nope didn't watch, I watch Quality TV. Hey you asked the Question so technically i'm not thread crappining.
Old 05-22-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish it would have ended with Annie saving the whales finally and Eric taking her to live with V'Ger. Now that would have been a satisfying ending!
Old 05-23-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used to watch this when I was younger. From Season 1-4 or about there. It was interesting enough. But the show slid when Mary left, and then slid even more with the introduction of Kevin and the additional cast members that followed. I liked Lucy, but with that idiot Kevin and the absence of Matt and Mary and Simon becming a loser, I never watched it again. The twins were unwatchable too.