Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Save JERICHO!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-07, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Save JERICHO!?!

I know that these petitions never work, but Aint-It-Cool.com has an article that has a few ways to petitons CBS to bring back Jericho. If you are interested in giving it a try click HERE
Old 05-18-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I were involved in this effort, I wouldn't want CBS near the show. I'd be trying to deluge somebody like SciFi with calls, trying to get them to pick it up.
Old 05-18-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have ANY petitions ever brought a show back after it was cancelled? I'm guessing not. The strongest way to support a show is financially. Purchasing it on DVD or watching it on television. Signing your name shows absolutely nothing. About 7-8 million people watched it each week. Unless you can get 10-11 million signatures, it won't mean a thing.

Family Guy was brought back after strong sales on DVD, I believe, and re-runs on Cartoon Network. Not petitions.
Old 05-18-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would think for a live action show like Jericho, by the time the DVDs are out, it would be much harder to get everyone back together. This would be the time to get them before it's too late.

Sounds like a waste of time to me.
Old 05-18-07, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Seantn
Have ANY petitions ever brought a show back after it was cancelled? I'm guessing not. The strongest way to support a show is financially. Purchasing it on DVD or watching it on television. Signing your name shows absolutely nothing. About 7-8 million people watched it each week. Unless you can get 10-11 million signatures, it won't mean a thing.

Family Guy was brought back after strong sales on DVD, I believe, and re-runs on Cartoon Network. Not petitions.
Roswell comes to mind. Farscape got the wrap up movie.
Old 05-18-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Quantum Leap?
Old 05-19-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Have ANY petitions ever brought a show back after it was cancelled? I'm guessing not.
Fox's ALIEN NATION. Didn't get another season, but a series of 2 hour movies that were just as good (I think they did 5 total).
Old 05-19-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm guessing those were letter writing campaigns. I don't even think they should include an online petition with the Jericho thing, because a lot of people will simply just sign the online petition and think they've done their part. The thing is, CBS knows that about 8 million people watched Jericho. They know those people probably want the show to continue. So having 100,000 online signatures really means nothing, because they are well aware that the show had millions of viewers that would like it to continue.

However, I do think letter writing campaigns would be the most persuasive thing, if anything would work. Taking the time to write and mail a letter, hundreds of thousands of letters (or millions), would seem to show more care and effort on the part of the fans.
Old 05-19-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The petition is already over 52k names.

Also, remember. Star Trek got a 3rd season because of fan support.
Old 05-19-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Seantn is correct -- I did read somewhere where studios take mailed written letters far more "seriously" than e-mails or online petitions...I guess because it takes a little more effort to actually write out a letter, put it in an envelope and mail it off. And at 41 cents a pop these days, maybe they give them even more weight!

Hit CBS with 52,000 letters, and you guys may have something....
Old 05-19-07, 08:28 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Yes i agree, even with 1 million e-signatures, an online petition looks pathetic,but huge mailbags full of written hatred looks powerful.

I'd love to see a 4 hour wrap up mini series.
Old 05-20-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I signed the petition. I can't hurt. Unless Les Moonves comes to my house and kills me.
Old 05-20-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Signed. Will write a letter as well.
Old 05-20-07, 02:53 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Rumor has it that TNT is interested in the show. Even if they retain a fraction of the numbers it got on CBS it would be good for them.
Old 05-20-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll sign a petition for Quantum Leap, but not Jericho.
Old 05-20-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Signed. Can we do one to bring back Small Wonder now?
Old 05-20-07, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by TOLEN
Also, remember. Star Trek got a 3rd season because of fan support.
1967 was a long time ago, and letter writing campaigns (even those secretly arranged by the show's producers) and protests outside corporate offices were a new idea.
Old 05-20-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Star Trek
Old 05-20-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lordwow
I'll sign a petition for Quantum Leap, but not Jericho.
I demand a season two of Jack & Bobby.
Old 05-21-07, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Cagney and Lacy
Old 05-21-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Nuts" campaign to save Jericho

http://www.jericholives.com/war.htm

And an update from CBS posted on the AICN link in the first post of this thread:

To the fans of Jericho:

We have read your emails over the past few days and have been touched by the depth and passion with which you have expressed your disappointment. Please know that canceling a television series is a very difficult decision. Hundreds of people at the Network, the production company and the incredibly-talented creative team worked very hard to build and serve the community for this show -- both on-air and online. It is a show we loved too.

Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion. We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment
Old 05-21-07, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a show they loved so much that they are going to cancel it and replace it with a reality show about kids running their own town? The only way that would be better is if it went all Lord of the Flies and some of the kids ended up dead.
Old 05-21-07, 09:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.
Read: a one paragraph blurb on the website explaining what happened. "New Bern killed them all, then the military killed all the New Bern people. Then the bomb somehow went off. The End".
Old 05-21-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Groucho
Read: a one paragraph blurb on the website explaining what happened. "New Bern killed them all, then the military killed all the New Bern people. Then the bomb somehow went off. The End".

SPOILERS!!!!
Old 05-21-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Throw it on UPN, my DVR never visits that channel

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.