Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Databases on films' different editions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-07, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Databases on films' different editions

An idea came to my mind - what if we start some threads here dedicated to certain films' different editions? I mean a thread that will contain a list of all editions of some movie with detailed description - cover art including. When I started my The Texas Chainsaw Massacre collection and was looking for the film's different releases worldwide, I was annoyed because of the lack of some unified database in the net. dvdcompare.net is great mostly, but still it's pretty incomplete as well as dvdaficionado.com. So I dedicated months to searching and some findings still occur. What if we try to organize these little databases here? Xage has his collection of Evil Dead (by the way, what's up with non-R1 region Evil Deads, Xage? ) I got Texas Massacre, dcrw6 recently dispayed interest in starting his Silent Hill collection... I bet there are some people here that collect all editions of some film. Why not share this information with others? It may be of a lot help for those who decide to start their collections in the future. So I figured each thread of a kind that appears here may be maintained by one person or by several, it just has to contain a cover art and all possible details for every edition. People just have to avoid posting comments etc. not to litter the thread. A thread may be started if you for example already have all releases of some movie, or you have some and plan to obtain more, hence the thread will be developing gradually. In the beginning of every thread a list of releases can be mentioned (double-checked so not to let bootlegs and suspicious editions in). So that even if not all releases are yet described in detail, everyone would know how many in general exist out there.
Well, it's just an idea, I'd like to know what you think of it. If it doesn't gain much appreciation we'll just forget about it, if it does gain some - we may think here of how these threads can be shaped. Anyway feel free to leave your comments.
Old 05-17-07, 08:37 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This will be nice if you can include all the limited editions and store exclusives related to a release.
Old 05-17-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I think you mean "Different DVD Editions". "Different Film Editions" means something else.
Old 05-18-07, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dx23
This will be nice if you can include all the limited editions and store exclusives related to a release.
Well, that's the whole point - so that it would be possible to find information on something that's not on amazon.

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I think you mean "Different DVD Editions". "Different Film Editions" means something else.
Yes, surely I meant different DVD editions of some films.