Audio

French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
English DTS 5.1 Surround
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)
Color

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disc 2
Meet the Fockers
Run Time: 1 Hour 56 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
CARA Reasons: For Crude and Sexual Humor, Language and a Brief Drug Use
Bonus Materials

Extended Version of the Film
Deleted Scenes
Bloopers
Inside the Litter Box: Behind-the-Scenes with Jinx the Cat
The Manary Gland
Feature Commentary with Director Jay Roach and Editor / Co-Producer Jon Poll
Fockers' Family Portrait
The Adventures of a Baby Wrangler
Matt Lauer Meets the Fockers
NBC's Hit Comedy Scrubs "Training Day"
Cast and Filmmakers

Technical Information
Audio

English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish
Picture: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.85:1)
Color
http://homevideo.universalstudios.co...?childId=36903
Old 05-11-07, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
universal sickens me.
Old 05-11-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
What's with all of theese stupid slogans added to the title of the dvd's lately? Circle of Trust? Why can't they just leave the movie titles alone without adding theese stupid slogans. Wild Thing Edition for Major League is another example. Why can't they just stick to the movie title and that's it. Do they think they are being clever by doing this? By the way, no, I won't be getting this anyway. I already have theese two dvd's and they're quite acceptable. No need to double dip on everything that they re-release.

Last edited by JOE29; 05-11-07 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-11-07, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ergo, and Lost Highway still remains unreleased on DVD. At least there hasn't been a Jaws: Shark Attack Pack...yet.

This is just soooooooo not needed.
Old 05-11-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey...I'd buy the Jaws Attack Pack
Old 05-11-07, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I already double dipped for meet the parents, but never bought meet the fockers. So I might get this.
Old 05-11-07, 11:28 PM
Cool New Member

They look like the same DVD's they have already released, there's no need for double dip...
Old 05-12-07, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

These releases are not intended for people who already own the DVDs. The release is attempting to get new customers to buy them.
Old 05-12-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts
Knowing they're planning a 3rd movie, I'll wait for the next boxset.
Old 05-12-07, 09:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
These releases are not intended for people who already own the DVDs. The release is attempting to get new customers to buy them.
Actually, these releases is intended for re-stocking the aisles at the B&Ms with what can be considered an old release.
Old 05-12-07, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Well, let's see...

I never bought either DVD and always thought I'd pick them up when they were cheap... so I'm in for the Double Feature disc when it goes on sale... no question.

which would be the first double feature of MTP/MTF released.. whhhiich would ... um.... NOT make it a double dip.

Not really understanding the hating on the names of special editions. What else would anyone propose a special edition of Major League be called? It's a new edition/name of the DVD. They didn't go back and change the name of the film itself. People get concerned with the weirdest stuff.

And why OH WHY would the studios put out obscure films that only 16 people will purchase in the first year of release when they know that their catalog tent poles will make them approx. 1,000,000 x as much cash in the same period of time.

Nothing wrong with serving the fanbase of popular films who want the extra features etc.

If it really bugs you, write them a letter. They REALLY enjoy getting them. haha.
Old 05-12-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Just got Meet the Fockers at at yard sale this morning for a $1 so I won't need this one.
Old 05-12-07, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by An4h0ny
Well, let's see...

I never bought either DVD and always thought I'd pick them up when they were cheap... so I'm in for the Double Feature disc when it goes on sale... no question.

which would be the first double feature of MTP/MTF released.. whhhiich would ... um.... NOT make it a double dip.

Not really understanding the hating on the names of special editions. What else would anyone propose a special edition of Major League be called? It's a new edition/name of the DVD. They didn't go back and change the name of the film itself. People get concerned with the weirdest stuff.

And why OH WHY would the studios put out obscure films that only 16 people will purchase in the first year of release when they know that their catalog tent poles will make them approx. 1,000,000 x as much cash in the same period of time.

Nothing wrong with serving the fanbase of popular films who want the extra features etc.

If it really bugs you, write them a letter. They REALLY enjoy getting them. haha.
Wow, we got a industry shill over here.

To anwser a few of your remarks:

People get annoyed with the lame names put on special edition, because they are a completely silly marketing tool that takes away from the focus of the film itself, for example Fletch: The Jane Doe edition. Also, companies are using this stupid names and changing the cover art so they have the appeal of the silly ass name. It was simple enough at the beginning of the DVD era when we got a barebones edition and the next release was simply labeled as a Special Edition or Collector's Edition and that was it.

Second, by your train of thought, it seems that you prefer that Universal releases the American Pie movies, infinite times instead of them releasing a proper Kiss of the Spider Woman or a good release of Fincher's The Game. So studios should keep wasting their time to continue re-releasing movies that are already available instead of releasing films that are not available on DVD. Great idea.
Old 05-13-07, 03:35 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm happy with the ones I have now, the movies aren't classics to warrant a double dip
Old 05-13-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by An4h0ny
How is simply combining two existing releases into one case serving the fanbase? I doubt there are people who are thinking, "damn, I wish they would put both of these movies into one case so I could have one case instead of two. I would definitely buy them again if they did that."