Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

are all dvd time displays uniform?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-07, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are all dvd time displays uniform?

one day I was watching a movie and I looked at the display to see that it was exactly on 00:01:00 and I thought it would make a neat game to take a screen shot at exactly one minute into a random movie and post it as a game to see if anyone could identify it.
but I'm not sure if 1 minute on my dvd player would show the same scene as 1 minute on everyone else's player. would that make an interesting game or is it not a game? is it just a dumb idea?
because the 1 minute mark could be anything, part of the credits, a totally black screen, a blur....maybe it's not a good idea...
Old 05-11-07, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I guess it would be a nice game. A person who picks a movie should pick those that wouldn't be black-screened at 1m. though I sometimes play an unintentional game with my brother - when we meet and some movie starts on TV, we bet who will name the film first. Sometimes we have to see till the opening credits and sometimes one of us names it just a second after the production company logo fades and we see the first shot. It's fun