Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dancing with The Stars 4/30 competition & 5/1 results

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Dancing with The Stars 4/30 competition & 5/1 results

Joey was really good this week and deserved the 59. I was surprised that Laila got such high scores too. Apolo should have gotten a 30 on that second dance.

Hopefully it will be Billy Ray Cyrus going this week, then John R next week, and then the competition will then really begin.

Hard to believe that there are only 3 weeks left!
Old 04-30-07, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To spread the love all over Billy Ray and then nitpick Apolo makes no sense to me...at all!
Old 04-30-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's just like last year with Mario. They're rating Apolo and Mario with higher standard just because they are better dancers which is BS imo.
Old 05-01-07, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But it shows in the scores, Billy Ray didn't get their scores as much as they praised him. Different standards for each of them since Billy will never dance like Joey or Apollo.

Great dancing tonight. Shows marked improvement by everyone.

Billy Ray *should* go. Getting Karina to do the dance while he "Vanna White"s made little sense since they are judging the celebs and not the pros. But it is a nice thing to do for her if it will be his last week.

Interesting spotting the stars in the audience...Anyone spot Cheryl Ladd and Tanya Roberts (Charlie's Angels)? Not sure why they were there.

Meatloaf tomorrow.
Old 05-01-07, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
To spread the love all over Billy Ray and then nitpick Apolo makes no sense to me...at all!
When Apolo said that he was looking for more consistency in the judging, I started laughing and it took me awhile to stop. I am not sure why they designated tonight as, "Screw You Apolo" night. It was strange.

I did enjoy Joey and Laila's performances though, so I am ok with them being on the top. They were great. I just think Apolo was just as good as they were.

I am never sure why I don't like Ian and Cheryl's routines more. It always looks fine to the eye, but they don't pop to me for some reason. I wouldn't rule them out though. Cheryl's a smart one.

I hope Billy Ray or John go tonight. They both seem like nice people, but they are just so far below the other contestants. Hell, Billy Ray for all the world seemed like he was throwing in the towel. I say we let him.

PS I get way too excited whenever I see Beverly Hills 90210 castmates in the audience. There were so many last night. Made me giddy.

Last edited by onebyone; 05-01-07 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-01-07, 08:00 AM
Banned

If Cheryl wins again this year this show is definitely fixed....They fixed last years finals that was for sure..
Old 05-01-07, 08:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't see Cheryl carrying Ian to another win, let alone a final.

I see it as Fatone, Apolo and Ali in the final 3...

Apolo is really really good, and Fatone has great presence, should be a good final, although I like Ali as well.

Ian, eh. Cheryl can only do so much here.
Old 05-01-07, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Len is a jerk. He did the same thing with Mario as he's doing with Apolo.
He's judging him on a higher scale than everyone else, which is BS.

John and Edyta will go next then Billy Ray and Karina.
Then Ian and Cheryl and then Ali & Max.

The final 2 couples should be Joey & Kym and Apolo and Julianne.

Julianne
Old 05-01-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hopefully Billy Ray goes so that we get one more week of Edyta.
Old 05-01-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Len's just a cranky old coot, or in less flattering terms, he's a dick. It sucks that they're Mario-ing Apolo. The big difference is that Mario was significantly better than everyone else last season; this season, Joey and perhaps even Laila are worthy competitors. Showing them with affection and then killing Apolo is what's wrong with this show.

Fatone saying, "You have to have fun. If you take it too seriously, you become Ian Ziering" may be the funniest thing I've heard on this show yet.

Karina.

das
Old 05-01-07, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think it is going to be Ian's turn to go. I feel like Billy Ray should go, but I think he has a bigger fan base. At least I think it will be Ian & John in bottom two.
Old 05-01-07, 09:04 PM

Meatloaf sounded terrible and he was melodramatic and just strange. In other words, he was the perfect performer for this show. They should have him back every week.

I think the exit was about right this week, but it still made me sad. It's odd, because going into this season, I didn't care one bit about anyone on there. However, although I have my favorites, I like them all a lot. They seem fabulous. I don't hate on anyone. I like it!

That said, the top three dancers are Apolo, Laila, and Joey. Who is best from week to week varies, so no clue who will win. I like that too. I worry about Laila though, as her partner is no genius at showing off his partner. There's a reason he hasn't been this far before. I hope they step up though.
Old 05-01-07, 09:14 PM

I actually think Max is great at showing off his partner. His problem is that he was paired before with two women the audience was not crazy about or didn't know.
Old 05-02-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The sports analysis segment was pretty good and the kids were absolutely great dancers.

I'll miss John but I'm glad to see Karina for another week. Love the bunny hop.