Search this Thread

Old 04-29-07, 12:35 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Entourage - "Gotcha!" - 4/29/07

"Gotcha!"
Spoiler:
Drama finds out he's to be the target on Pauly Shore's new Punk'd-like reality show, and thinks he's in on the joke. Eric attempts to smooth out tensions between Vince and Amanda, but they've already been relieved. Meanwhile, Ari's frat brother comes for a visit, and Ari finds himself jealous of the former slacker's newfound riches, as well as his gorgeous fiancée.
Old 04-29-07, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the Drama stuff sounds like itll be hilarious... and the Chuck Liddell/parking spot stuff could be gold.

still sounds like itll be more of a transition/filler type episode... but that hasnt stopped this second half of the season from being great.

-NiCK
Old 04-29-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

haha can't wait, the Pauly Shore stuff from Season 2 was great, glad he's going to be back again.
Old 04-29-07, 08:42 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eNTOURaGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-07, 09:29 PM

Of all the episodes to make a full 30 mins, they chose this clunker.
Old 04-29-07, 09:38 PM

yea, finally a full length episode.

this has easily been the weakest for the second half of the season though...

-NiCK
Old 04-29-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah I agree that it's the weakest one of the newer shows, should be pretty interesting next week though.
Old 04-29-07, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The most unbelievable part of the episode is the premise that MTV would give Pauly fucking Shore a show.
Old 04-29-07, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
The most unbelievable part of the episode is the premise that MTV would give Pauly fucking Shore a show.
it never said it was MTV, did it?

-NiCK
Old 04-29-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah this wasn't my favorite episode either. The whole Ari/Mrs. Ari/Artie Lange thing did nothing for me and Drama's "antics" weren't nearly as funny as I thought they would be.
Old 04-30-07, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Perhaps you missed Totally Pauly, circa 1990-1995?
Old 04-30-07, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
The whole episode was not good. The Artie Lange storyline was not interesting or funny. The "gotcha" was completely predictable and not particularly entertaining. And I know that a bunch of these guys aren't the best actors in the world, but the acting seemed pretty subpar to me. Oh well, they can't all be winners.
Old 04-30-07, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Because Ari is not Vinces agent anymore, they have to have these irrelevant subplots about his life to keep him in the show. I mean what would Entourage be without Ari? But you just can't have him talking to Vince & the guys each week without being his agent, so they are exploring Ari's life now.
Old 04-30-07, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Yeah this wasn't my favorite episode either. The whole Ari/Mrs. Ari/Artie Lange thing did nothing for me and Drama's "antics" weren't nearly as funny as I thought they would be.
They needed something to cut for the syndication version.
Old 04-30-07, 08:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Terps54423
Of all the episodes to make a full 30 mins, they chose this clunker.
This show was tooo long !

(sorry, somebody had to do it)
Old 04-30-07, 09:13 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Artie lang was not funny in this I was expecting so much more - but at least Mrs. Aril looked Hawt
Old 04-30-07, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coli
Because Ari is not Vinces agent anymore, they have to have these irrelevant subplots about his life to keep him in the show. I mean what would Entourage be without Ari? But you just can't have him talking to Vince & the guys each week without being his agent, so they are exploring Ari's life now.

I can only assume that eventually Vince will rehire Ari. I mean don't get me wrong I love Amanda...only because she's hot. Her character isn't overly interesting we've already seen Vince almost screw up his career because of a girl (Mandy) so I'm not overly interested in seeing that pan out again.

Entourage is a great show, but honestly it's Ari that makes it in my opinion and Drama to a lesser extent. Without Ari it's just another show. For the most part they could drop Eric and Turtle and just have the show be about Drama, Ari and Vince and I think it would be a better show. Those 2 guys are worthless.

In any event Ari needs to become more involved with those guys' lives again.
Old 04-30-07, 10:29 AM
Banned

Regarding the future of the Ari/Vince relationship...

Spoiler:
I realize that it's pretty inevitable that Ari will be Vince's agent again, so maybe this isn't even a spoiler, but there was a little "Entourage sells new AG line of clothes" snippet before this episode, and they showed a scene I assume is from an upcoming episode of the guys in Ari's office and Ari saying something like "It's so good to have you guys back!". Obviously HBO isn't trying too hard to keep this a mystery.
Old 04-30-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Even as a new viewer, I thought this was kind of a sub-par episode, semi-entertaining at times, but still below what I expect...
Old 04-30-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SonOfAStu

Spoiler:
I realize that it's pretty inevitable that Ari will be Vince's agent again, so maybe this isn't even a spoiler, but there was a little "Entourage sells new AG line of clothes" snippet before this episode, and they showed a scene I assume is from an upcoming episode of the guys in Ari's office and Ari saying something like "It's so good to have you guys back!". Obviously HBO isn't trying too hard to keep this a mystery.
Yeah I caught that as well...
Old 04-30-07, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by whoopdido

Entourage is a great show, but honestly it's Ari that makes it in my opinion and Drama to a lesser extent. Without Ari it's just another show. For the most part they could drop Eric and Turtle and just have the show be about Drama, Ari and Vince and I think it would be a better show. Those 2 guys are worthless.

In any event Ari needs to become more involved with those guys' lives again.
i cant believe people think Turtle and E are worthless. E is a good manager for Vince... when him and Ari clash, which they often do, its usually gold. And Turtle is that typical caring mooch... someone that is surely in every famous persons life.

-NiCK
Old 04-30-07, 12:26 PM

well the next episode is called "Return of the King"... could be Ari.

-NiCK
Old 04-30-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SonOfAStu

Spoiler:
I may have posted the following spoiler before:
Spoiler:
in some entertainment magazine, there's a picture of Adrian Grenier in costume as Pablo Escobar, so it looks like he definitely gets Medellin. Whether that's due to Ari remains to be seen.

And what's with the People's Choice Awards giving Vince the Star of Tomorrow Award? I would think someone who just opened a movie at well over $100 million wouldn't be considered a future star.
Old 04-30-07, 04:05 PM

i dont know -- a bet lebeouf might be considered the star of tomorrow after disturbia + transformers drops.
Old 04-30-07, 06:01 PM

Just an OK episode, but I enjoyed it anyways.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.