Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Will and Grace: Seasons 1-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-07, 09:23 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will and Grace: Seasons 1-4

Could someone tell me if any of those seasons have Syndication episodes?, cause I wanna know if I watched full ones or cut ones?

I know on season 3 I hear it does for "Cheaters". I'm mad about that, cause they shouldn't be doing that and people paying for that! Anyways i'm just wondering if there is any others on 1,2,3,4?

Please help me out!

I know Season 5 has tons!, cause i've heard people talk and read around! (So I don't know if I will get it!!!)

Last edited by ricgay; 04-27-07 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-28-07, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No seasons 1-4 don't have syn. episodes on them, However the first disc on the season two set has an extra ep. which fucks up the print on the box & the last 2 episodes of the season are at the beginning of disc 4. Some of the worst production on a tv set thats for sure.
Being a die hard W&G fan and a fan of ALOT of tv shows i always hate seeing syndicated episodes on the DVD.
Lionsgate really dropped the ball on the ALF DVD's more because all 4 seasons are syndicated but its the only way i was able to own them because i didn't record them when they originally aired.
Old 04-28-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nateman241
No seasons 1-4 don't have syn. episodes on them
There's at least one I know of, the Season 2 finale. It originally aired as a 1-hour episode, but in syndication, was split into two parts, with scenes cut from each part. The DVD has the edited syndicated version of the episode.

I'm really looking forward to finally picking up Season 6 (I'm going to a local gay bookstore today that had Season 5 out early, hoping they've done the same with Season 6) but at the same time, I'm REALLY hoping that somehow, they won't screw up this set like they've screwed up the others.

Rob
Old 04-28-07, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BTW, Season 5 doesn't have "tons" of syndicated episodes. It has five:

Women and Children First (with Demi Moore)
Dolls and Dolls (with Madonna)
May Divorce Be With You (with Macaulay Culkin)
23 (part 1 of the season finale)
24 (part 2 of the season finale)

Of course, five is still five too many.

The cuts to the 2-part finale are particularly galling, because they go out of their way to mention in the packaging that Deborah Harry guest-stars in the episode, which she did originally... only she's nowhere to be found in the edited syndicated version. They've really dropped the ball on these sets.

Rob
Old 04-28-07, 01:09 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you guys!

Ain't "Cheaters" on season 3 had some cuts to? If that is the case they need to redo seasons 2 and 3 and add the full ones and put 2 in order!

Omg this is crazy! I'm getting season 4 today, now idk if i will get season 5 now!

You think they will fix the problem?

Last edited by ricgay; 04-28-07 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-28-07, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Season 3 episode "Cheaters" is a rare example of when they should have used the syndicated version, but of course, didn't. When the episode originally aired on NBC, it was a 40-minute "super-sized" episode. In syndication, it was expanded into a two-part episode, which meant, of course, that a LOT of scenes that had originally been cut were added back in. On the DVD set, they included the 40-minute version that originally aired, instead of the longer version that aired in syndication. To add insult to injury, in the packaging, they refer to the episode as "Cheaters, Part 1"... with no Part 2 anywhere in sight.

Rob
Old 04-29-07, 02:17 PM
Cool New Member

oh okay so there is nothing wrong with it then?

What about season 2 "Ben? Her?" ? I heard something on that?
Old 04-30-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There's nothing wrong with it if you want the version that aired on NBC. Personally, I'd rather have the expanded version that airs in syndication.

As for "Ben? Her?", see the first paragraph of this post.

Rob
Old 04-30-07, 04:37 PM
Cool New Member

Oh okay, so season 2 has the cut one then right?

Last edited by ricgay; 04-30-07 at 04:39 PM.