Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Info on Marx Brothers OOP Image/Universal set?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-07, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting ready to purchase the Marx Brothers Silver Screen set. I have the Image/Universal box set that has Duck Soup, Animal Crackers, and Horse Feathers. I was going to Ebay it, but there haven't been any sold lately.

Anyway, I checked out Amazon.com and the set is going for around $100 or more. Is this set really that collectible? Was it a limited print? Why is it an Image release, but has the Universal logo on the sides of the cases?

Does anyone have any information on this set? I want to upgrade, but I don't want to overprice or underprice the set when I put it on Ebay. Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 04-16-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
It was collectible at one time. I think I sold mine for $200. However, that was before the Universal release. I can't imagine anyone would pay much for it now, but you never know.
Old 04-16-07, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by darkside
It was collectible at one time. I think I sold mine for $200. However, that was before the Universal release. I can't imagine anyone would pay much for it now, but you never know.
That makes sense, thanks. I guess it's similar to the Image Chaplin DVDs. They're rare, but there are other releases that have come out.
Old 04-17-07, 02:18 PM

You may want to check out the comparison at DVDBeaver....in some respects, the Image discs are equal in quality...if not better than the box set.

The IMAGE Chaplin discs are actually superior to the Warner releases in picture quality so beware...