Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Projected Lost Season 3 Release Date?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 04-02-07, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone. I know this question is probably a little early, but my wife and I don't watch television, so we can't wait to pick up the third season of Lost released on DVD. I am certain there's going to be quite a wait, but does anyone have any ideas on when the third season will be released?

Thanks in advance,

-B
Old 04-02-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts
Probably around september when the 4th season starts. I believe thats when the other two were released.
Old 04-02-07, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's generally the beginning of September, a few weeks before the season premiere, so you should have time to catch up before the 4th season starts up again.
Old 04-02-07, 07:45 PM
Banned

Season 4 of LOST wont start until January 08....
So, it might make more sense for BV to release season 3 on DVD in late November...
i look forward to the lost dvd's but just about everytime I have watched it this season it has sucked and some times i had to turn it off because it seemed too pointless...
oh well, hopefully this show starts getting good again soon...
Old 04-02-07, 07:48 PM
Banned

The reason it sucks is because they killed off Anna Lucia who was so damn fine to look at. I love that badass attitude and killer body. Why they kiled her off is beyone me.
Old 04-02-07, 08:02 PM

Probably because 1) her character was grating and I wanted to jump into the tv and shoot her myself on multiple occasions and 2) she got a DUI while on the set and from what the rumors are, the producers of the show tend to frown upon that (i.e. the chick who played Libby getting killed off right after she got her DUI too).
Old 04-02-07, 09:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dalvin
The reason it sucks is because they killed off Anna Lucia who was so damn fine to look at. I love that badass attitude and killer body. Why they kiled her off is beyone me.
I am actually glad they killed her character off...
Michelle Rodriguez isnt that good of an actress IMO...Maybe her real-life girlfriend Kristanna Loken will join the cast next season...I think I'd rather see some more of that...
Old 04-02-07, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ugh, we don't need Uwe Boll's muse on Lost.

I think this season has been pretty good so far, stumbled a bit during the initial batch of episodes but has been on a roll since the return from hiatus (the only hiccup being the infamous "Jack gets his Tats" episode).

It seems more and more likely that Lost is gonna get a 24-style consecutive run next season. So I agree with some of the posts saying that a November or December release is gonna happen.
Old 04-02-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts
First half of third season was going no where, but the writers seemed to have gotten a fire lit under their ass and every episode of the second half of the season has been top notch season 1 quality episodes. If it is coming back on in Jan i would say a Nov release is more logical.
Old 04-02-07, 09:50 PM

Wow, so it looks like we're going to have to wait a while before seeing Season 3. And I had done so well with trying to pace how we watched the show, trying to stretch it out, but once my wife starts getting in to the show, we end up watching three episodes in a row (not that I mind, of course), so now we're either going to have to go back and watch season one and two over again, or find some new series to check out.

Ha Ha. Any suggestions?

-B
Old 04-02-07, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Because Michelle Rodriguez is a horrible actress and her character sucked.
Old 04-03-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Because she only agreed to do the episodes she was in. She was always supposed to die. Now Cynthia Watros (Libby) was the one that you really have to wonder why she was killed off!
Old 04-03-07, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Release news: it's coming out on a Tuesday.
Old 04-03-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they want to lose even more viewers, then yes, they'll wait until January to debut it. I think the "3 month hiatus" that they took is a part of why the ratings dropped this season. People stopped caring and just figured "You know what, i'll wait for the DVD".
Old 04-03-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 04-03-07, 03:47 PM

Would of been nice to put SPOILER tags on this.
Old 04-03-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. There's a big Season 2 spoiler in this thread.
Old 04-03-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Release news: it's coming out on a Tuesday.
Old 04-04-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Identify
Would of been nice to put SPOILER tags on this.
No kidding. We're talking about the DVD release here, not the show. Lots of people wait for DVD anymore.
Old 04-04-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you can't wait to catch up, they stream the whole season off the ABC.com website
Old 04-04-07, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Seantn
If they want to lose even more viewers, then yes, they'll wait until January to debut it. I think the "3 month hiatus" that they took is a part of why the ratings dropped this season. People stopped caring and just figured "You know what, i'll wait for the DVD".
That was me, sorta. I don't have TIVO and I can't stay up til 10 to watch what once was my favorite show on at 9. I also don't want to pay $1.99 to dl it from iTunes. So...I'll wait for the DVD.
Old 04-04-07, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

TONY ROBBINS HUNGRY!!!