DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

90210 Music Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-07, 01:32 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90210 Music Question

Hey everyone.

I finally got a chance to watch my 90210 DVDs and found myself more upset by the soundtrack changes than I expected to be. I find it hard to be nostalgic when those cheesy 80s/90s songs have been replaced with modern punk garbage.

Anyway, that's not the topic I intend to raise here.

I presume at SOME point in the 10 year series they figured out that home video was a growing market and began locking down those music rights... does anyone know when that may have been? Or will the next 9 seasons continue to be butchered with this oh-so-hip modern soundtrack?

Have any other series that came out on DVD started with music being replaced and then in later seasons went back to original music?
Old 04-02-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I don't think I've heard of any sets that replaced music and went back in later seasons to fix them.

I bought Baywatch Season 1 and 2 late last year and the music changes were absolutely horrible. I should have known since I only paid 17.99 each for them. They replaced the theme song with some generic garbage and made numerous changes that were so bad that I decided to sell them and will not support their release any further.

I also heard that WKRP is pretty bad as well.
Old 04-02-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by cirving
Have any other series that came out on DVD started with music being replaced and then in later seasons went back to original music?
I believe QUANTUM LEAP did. The Season 5 release has all the original music...Seasons 1 & 2 had some tracks replaced...not sure about 3 & 4.