Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Folk Implosion's "One Part Lullabye"

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-07, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked this cd up about 3 weeks ago on a whim. I remembered the bands' name from a minor hit they had called "Natural One" from the movie "Kids" and I had remembered liking that song. This cd was released in 1999 and I can't believe it never got any airplay. It is so good I haven't put another cd in my car player since I got it. This is such a great chill/driving/campfire/you name it/ album and I highly reccommend to anyone who likes good music to check it out. It gets better everytime I listen to it. Check it out!
Old 03-24-07, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Agree, it's got some very catchy moments.
Old 03-24-07, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, very good CD. "Free To Go" was the single released off that album, and did get some airplay.
Old 03-24-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I love "Chained to Moon" from that album.

I've got most of their 90's stuff, including the Kids soundtrack (which has another song from them), Dare to be Surprised (on par with the album you heard), Take a Look Inside (earlier, janglier stuff), and 50/50 an early EP (super jangly).
Old 03-25-07, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought the album wasn't bad, when I first bought it. I don't feel towards it the way others on this thread to, though.

I'm going to dig it up again and listen to it once more. Maybe time has changed my perception of it.

Among Lou Barlow-related projects, I like his solo album titled EMOH. (The word "home" backwards, featuring a song of the same name, but also a play off the whole "emo" trend.)

He's got a lot of projects going on (was in Dinosaur Jr., Sebadoh, released a bunch of eps, solo material, and of course Folk Implosion), and I haven't most of his stuff, but EMOH is my favorite among all that I've heard.

Just my 2 cents.