Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount and Returns

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know how deep discount is about returns and how long it takes to get replacement. i ordered a dvd from them and when i opened the dvd the the disc was loose and scratched and wouldnt play at all. I sent it back last week, i know it will take some time but was just wondering if they are good about it our not. I put a delivery confirmation on the package i sent back so i know if they get it or not. thanks for any input
Old 03-20-07, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you call them to ask for a RMA#? They'll email you a prepaid shipping label and tell you the return policy on that title. They can be a little slow on the turnaround but are usually pretty good. If you haven't already, call ASAP.
Old 03-20-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I believe the term is "forever".
Old 03-21-07, 07:56 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've always received good service and rarely had to make a return, but when I have - VERY SLOW (2-3 weeks).
Old 03-21-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=491919
Old 03-21-07, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I believe the term is "forever".
That's about right. It took me about 3 months to get a return and that was just to get credit back for something I had already returned. I can't imagine trying to do an exchange there. I have made around 5-6 purchases from DD and that was the only problem I had. The key is to keep calling customer service until you actually talk to a nice person, then you will be set. The person that finally got me my credit was making follow up phone calls to make sure that I was happy.
Old 03-21-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I tried to cancel something I mistakenly ordered within seconds of placing the order. It took them two days to respond to my e-mail, and no, of course it wasn't possible.

So, I got the RMA and shipping label and sent it back. Weeks later, I still hadn't seen the credit posted to my account, so I wrote again inquiring. They told me that it hadn't arrived yet in their warehouse - yea, right, give me my money back now. They did.