Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Man vs Wild

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Man vs Wild

I have been watching this on Discovery since January and LOVE this show. I watched Survivorman as well, and as good as that was its not as good at Man vs Wild. It never ceases to amaze me the shit that Bear Grills will each and drink. That guy must love his work...or be getting paid a tonne of cash to do what he is doing. Watched a repeat episode last night where he was in Kenya and he drank the juices from a huge elephant shit and then cut off meat from the carcass of a zebra that had been killed and eaten by lions and then vultures. Will probably pick up this series when it comes to DVD.

Anyone else watching? If not then its highly recommended.
Old 03-16-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love this show too. Bear is friggin crazy!
Old 03-16-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw some last night... It seems soo scriptized.
Old 03-16-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by McHawkson
I saw some last night... It seems soo scriptized.
I agree that a lot of it does seem to be set up for the camera. However he does appear to do all the climbing himself which looks bloody difficult, he definately looks proficient in survival techniques (and if he was in the SAS as stated then i am sure he is in a league of his own as those guys are the best period). Also if any normal person were to star in this show and flipped through the agenda and saw "Eats maggots from rotting goat corpse" or "Stands on badly made raft in open water whilst many sharks knock the raft from below" or "Manages to grab small grass snake, bites its head off and eats the rest of it" (which are all examples of stuff he has done in the show).....i think they (myself included) would definately forget it. It must take serious mental and physical strength to do a lot of the things he does.
Old 03-16-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 907 Likes on 669 Posts
Yeah, he does have a camera crew unlike the guy in Survivorman but he does everything himself. In one episode he climbed up the rock wall face of a waterfall. I can't imagine how slippery that was. I try to tune in when it's on but I think I've seen all the episodes.
Old 03-16-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How many episodes are there? I gave up when I kept seeing repeats but I enjoyed the ones I saw. I haven't seen the Kenya one but I've seen deserted island, volcano, desert, snow, mountain... ? I think that's it.
Old 03-16-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get me wrong, I do think it's great show and very educational. One thing I didn't know putting termite hive in fire will keep mosquites away (I wonder if it would work on our member, Skeet? ) and other stuffs such as checking water if it's fresh or not...
Old 03-16-07, 05:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I thought when he pissed on his shirt and wrapped it around his head in the Moab was grosser then most of the shit he eats
Old 03-16-07, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought when he pissed on his shirt and wrapped it around his head in the Moab was grosser then most of the shit he eats
agreed! this show is pretty cool though.
Old 03-16-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

good show but i dont like how he is always running down steep hills at full speed. if he didnt have a camera crew there would he really be doing that? seems like a good way to break an ankle or leg to me.
if the show is to show how to survive than he does some pretty stupid shit. theres one episode where he slides and runs down a cliff...i hope people watching dont think that is a good idea if you dont have medical help readily available.