Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Good Charlotte "Good Morning Revival" 3/27

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know most here hate them, but I've always kind of liked their old stuff (anything from the first album) mainly cause their from Maryland, although Waldorf is like an hour and half from me.
track listing
01 Good Morning Revival
02 Misery
03 The River
04 Dance Floor Anthem
05 Keep Your Hands Off My Girl
06 Victims Of Love
07 Where Would We Be Now
08 Break Apart Her Heart
09 All Black
10 Beautiful Place
11 Something Else
12 Broken Hearts Parade
13 March On
14 Keep Your Hands Off My Girl (Broken Spindles Remix)
15 Face The Strange

Well, it leaked and am currently listening to it. I'm not really feelin it on a first listen, but I'll give it a couple of listens before I make my full opinion on it. First thing I've noticed is that they added a keyboard/synthesiser player. Second of all, that harsh sounding voice on "The River" (lead single) is the dude from Avenged Sevenfold. Funny, according to wikipedia, the album "leaked" yesterday. This album sounds a bit more depressing sounding then the more upbeat stuff they are more known for.
I'll always have a soft spot for them, but as of now, this is too much of a departure for them.

Its funny, the only real song I liked was "Face the Strange" which I don't believe will be on the final album (maybe as an "exclusive" song at like best buy or walmart.) Way too many keyboards on the album. "Beautiful Place" almost sounds a little like Coldplay. And the band shouts out Johnny Cash and the Rolling Stones on "All Black"

I think in general, emo kids are gonna like this, and fans of darker music maybe, but the GC diehards (the ones from the begining like me) aren't gonna like it.
I give it 2 stars out of 5 (and am damn glad I downloaded it instead of bought it) If i liked it, I would have still bought it to support the artist.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 03-15-07 at 02:25 AM.