Search this Thread

Old 03-05-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bad news for Knights of Prosperity...

this sucks!!!!!!!

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-kn...p-tv-headlines

ABC Yanks Poor 'Prosperity'

Remaining episodes may eventually air, but who knows when?

March 5, 2007

ABC has pulled the low-rated freshman comedy "The Knights of Prosperity," leaving the show's remaining episodes in limbo.

The network announced on Monday (March 5) that the next three episodes of Donal Logue-centric heist comedy will be off the schedule, starting this Wednesday. The episode titled "Operation: Rent Money" will be replaced by a repeat of "According to Jim," while repeats of "George Lopez" will take the "Prosperity" slot the following two weeks.

ABC's scheduling release stops short of calling the series cancelled, but merely says "Not yet rescheduled" next to the three pulled episodes.

"Knights of Prosperity" had a bumpy road this season. ABC initially scheduled the series for a fall launch, but held it off until January, ostensibly to allow for additional promotional time. The comedy, focusing on a group of inept thieves plotting to rob Mick Jagger, was crushed by early episodes of "American Idol" in its original 9 p.m. ET time period and shifted to 8:30 p.m. without gaining any traction.

Despite somewhat positive reviews, through its first 8 airings, "Knights" averaged just over 5.03 million viewers.
Old 03-05-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts
Fuck American Idol.
Old 03-05-07, 03:43 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked this show.

I wonder if they will give it another try in the summer?

They started this as a mid season replacement, the 2nd episode was interupted by the President, then they moved it to a new time... Uphill battle
Old 03-05-07, 03:46 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
the 2nd episode was interrupted by the President
That's what did it. You can't disrupt a somewhat serialized show in the second episode like that and hope to retain viewers.
Old 03-05-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this show kept the title Let's Rob Mick Jagger...

Spoiler:
it still would have been canceled.
Old 03-05-07, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I have missed the last two due to AI and Jericho. I like Knights, and the last one I saw is where they rescued Esmerelda, which was a nice ending to the series for me.

Again, another series that might have made a decent low-budget movie instead of a TV show.
Old 03-05-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well that sucks. I know it's not doing well in the ratings, and I figured it wouldn't get renewed, but why yank it now? Are repeats of According to Jim and George Lopez really going to get better ratings against American Idol? Why not just let Knights of Prosperity air it's last couple for the 5 million people that have been watching, then drop it?
Old 03-05-07, 04:42 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep, this sucks. I liked it, and watched the first few, but when Jericho came back on a couple weeks ago I decided to record it and Friday Night Lights, leaving Knights in the cold. Meanwhile, I have nothing at 8:30, so I've been watching In Case of Emergency - a clearly (IMO) inferior show.
Old 03-05-07, 04:46 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I liked this show, but with my DVR always almost full, I had to cut this show a few weeks back. I knew it was in trouble from the ratings, and the base premise would never be fully realized. There just isn't a good timeslot for comedies on ABC right now...
Old 03-05-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I couldn't make it through the second episode. Saw this coming, but feel bad for you guys. That and I also hate Idol.
Old 03-05-07, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Well that sucks. I know it's not doing well in the ratings, and I figured it wouldn't get renewed, but why yank it now? Are repeats of According to Jim and George Lopez really going to get better ratings against American Idol? Why not just let Knights of Prosperity air it's last couple for the 5 million people that have been watching, then drop it?
Maybe because the people who bought advertising for that show were promised higher ratings and, if ABC continues to air it, then ABC will be forced to compensate them.
Old 03-05-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 756 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Yep, this sucks. I liked it, and watched the first few, but when Jericho came back on a couple weeks ago I decided to record it and Friday Night Lights, leaving Knights in the cold. Meanwhile, I have nothing at 8:30, so I've been watching In Case of Emergency - a clearly (IMO) inferior show.
I had the exact same problem. There's just too many really good TV options at that time for me. I guess that I'll try to catch up with it when it reaches DVD.
Old 03-05-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
Maybe because the people who bought advertising for that show were promised higher ratings and, if ABC continues to air it, then ABC will be forced to compensate them.
Possibly, but new episodes of According to Jim and George Lopez aren't doing much better than Knights of Prosperity from what I've seen. I don't know anything about advertising though. It's just irritating to see a show canceled for only averaging 5 million viewers so it can be replaced by reruns of shows drawing only slightly above 5 million viewers when they air new episodes.
Old 03-05-07, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It still shows on their website schedule.

ABC, ... the new FOX

But are they keeping In Case of Emergency?
Old 03-05-07, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They need to rename it "Let's Get Ray Romano".
Old 03-05-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
It just wasn't in a good slot for me. I watched and enjoyed the first few but when FNL got moved to Wednesday it bumped this for me. It's a really tough slot for me with FNL, Bones and now Jericho.
Old 03-05-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
Fuck American Idol.
And fckk ABC for replacing it with ATJ and George Lopez!!

KoP is my 2nd favorite new comedy of the season - next to 30 Rock.

ABC gives it a chance and proper time slot, or reboot.
Old 03-05-07, 10:52 PM

But are they keeping In Case of Emergency?
i hope not, what a poor excuse for a comedy.

knights wasn't that good either but its still better than fucking american idol, i can't stand that fucking show its ruining tv it really is.

i feel sorry for knight fans, i couldn't stand the show, it wasn't really funny-but no ABC comedy is funny this year.
Old 03-06-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Fuck American Idol.
Did ABC really expect anything less by holding this show's debut off until January? That was just dumb on their part. Of course this should wasn't really that strong to begin with, but getting it a following back in the fall might have helped sustain it somewhat more than starting up against American Idol.
Old 03-06-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nateman241
i hope not, what a poor excuse for a comedy.
I.C.E. is a comedy?!

I guess I've been too distracted to notice:

Old 03-06-07, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never understood why networks, when deciding to pull a show, opt to replace the pulled show with repeats of other shows...especially when the pulled show has new, complete episodes.

That being said, I've warmed up to this show and will miss it. The last 2 eps especially had me lol.
Old 03-06-07, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not happy to hear this. You can bet I wouldn't spend two seconds on those replacement shows. Urgh. I'm glad I like movies more than television.
Old 03-06-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too bad. Despite being in danger of getting repetitive the show was quite a good warm-up for 30 ROCK.
Old 03-06-07, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kramdenfan
I've never understood why networks, when deciding to pull a show, opt to replace the pulled show with repeats of other shows...especially when the pulled show has new, complete episodes.
Because advertisers may be more willing to pay for ads on repeats than on this show. Sounds weird, but that's mostly what motivates it.

Originally Posted by Frenzy
Too bad. Despite being in danger of getting repetitive the show was quite a good warm-up for 30 ROCK.
Huh? 30 Rock comes on 24.5 hours later.
Old 03-06-07, 01:57 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
should have at least kept "day break" on to complete its run...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.