TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "Papa's Cabin" -- 02/27/07

Old 02-27-07, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "Papa's Cabin" -- 02/27/07

"Papa's Cabin"
Spoiler:
Veronica catches Tim Foyle breaking into Mars Investigations; Keith questions Mindy O'Dell and makes her realize that Hank Landry killed her husband; Wallace notices Logan and Parker having lunch together.

Originally Aired: February 27, 2007
Old 02-27-07, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope our CW network doesn't mess up the feed again. For the past 2 weeks, almost every thirty seconds, the scene would freeze and block up, and then fix itself, maybe missing a few words here and there. It became so annoying that I had to find other means to view the episodes.
Old 02-27-07, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I hope our CW network doesn't mess up the feed again. For the past 2 weeks, almost every thirty seconds, the scene would freeze and block up, and then fix itself, maybe missing a few words here and there. It became so annoying that I had to find other means to view the episodes.
If you're talking about the OTA HD feed, it sounds like you just don't have a strong enough signal.
Old 02-27-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ha! I knew it. The killer was
Spoiler:
Tim the TA
. Loved how VM figured it out at the end.
Old 02-27-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was a little obvious, and too obvious by the way the clues were being fed to VM. I was hoping for something more out of left field.

"Taps"?
Old 02-27-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
It was a little obvious, and too obvious by the way the clues were being fed to VM. I was hoping for something more out of left field.
same here. the rapist conclusion had me fooled...this one felt way too easy
Old 02-27-07, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
I was certain it was Tim the TA for a while (again, more of a "who's the least likely suspect" than any clues pointing his way), but the episode did a great job convincing me I was wrong till the scene with the big reveal, so I won't hold that against 'em.

Really enjoyed the episode. Kinda nice that it broke from tradition and didn't have Veronica in mortal peril.
Old 02-27-07, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Even though figuring this mystery out was easier than usual (it was the person I've suspected all along), it was nice to see Veronica solve it without being first put in peril (a cliche used in every other "arc" mystery so far).
Old 02-27-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I enjoyed the episode and felt the conclusion was pretty satisfying. I also picked Tim but I hadn't established a solid motive. Revenge for the bad recomendation and positioning himself as the new professor was a pretty good one.

Are we due for another break?
Old 02-27-07, 10:59 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does this mean Veronica will teach the class now?
Old 02-28-07, 12:46 AM

I may have misheard what was said, but during the promo after the show I believe they mentioned 6 new episodes would begin airing on May 1. Wouldn't that bring the total to 21 and not the previously stated 20? Are we getting an extra episode?
Old 02-28-07, 01:37 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
"I'm just trying to figure out which Gilmore Girl you are"

Pretty good episode.
Old 02-28-07, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,094 Likes on 791 Posts
Originally Posted by KingFunk
I may have misheard what was said, but during the promo after the show I believe they mentioned 6 new episodes would begin airing on May 1. Wouldn't that bring the total to 21 and not the previously stated 20? Are we getting an extra episode?
Six more new eps would be 21 total, but I wouldn't trust the CW promo dept to know what the frak they're talking about.
Old 02-28-07, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Birrman54
I enjoyed the episode and felt the conclusion was pretty satisfying. I also picked Tim but I hadn't established a solid motive. Revenge for the bad recomendation and positioning himself as the new professor was a pretty good one.
I thought the motive provided was a rather weak one. (The Dean was going to end the Professor's career as said on the bug tapes, so the TA's problem with the Professor was solved already - yet he then kills the Dean and sets it up to look like a suicide?)

But I've suspected the TA ever since we were told the murder of the Dean was done like Veronica's "perfect murder" story, which only 3 people should've been able to read: Veronica (innocent), the Professor (too obvious), and the TA (just right).
Old 02-28-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Saw that one coming a mile away. The rapist arc really had me fooled ; but the moment the recording on the DVD was played it confirmed my suspicions.
Old 02-28-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, everyone that thought the identity of the murderer was obvious: please give us all a link to your posts where you identified the TA as the culprit.
Old 02-28-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
So, everyone that thought the identity of the murderer was obvious: please give us all a link to your posts where you identified the TA as the culprit.
Here's one. I posted something a good bit earlier on another Veronica Mars thread on another forum, but I'd have to track down which one it is.

Like I said earlier, though, it wasn't that all signs were pointing to Tim. According to the usual mystery formula -- where the killer has to be a previously established character who no one has suspected or hasn't suspected in a while -- there were only two characters it could be: Tim and the dean's goth-drummer kid. Tim had more of a presence on the show and was therefore the most likely of the two.
Old 02-28-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My Last week thoughts on Tim were that he was perfect for the crime except we hadn't even been given a whiff of motive. In this episode they didn't provide it until Mindy and the prof were acting guilty as hell, which brings me to my one question: Why did Mindy run?

EDIT: I think a good clue would have been to drop a hint in "There's got to be a morning after pill" that Tim was having a hard time finding a teaching job to support his expecting girlfriend.

Last edited by wmansir; 02-28-07 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-28-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by wmansir
EDIT: I think a good clue would have been to drop a hint in "There's got to be a morning after pill" that Tim was having a hard time finding a teaching job to support his expecting girlfriend.
Apparently this arc was trimmed down when the order went from 22 episodes to 20, and maybe that sort of thing was what got yanked.
Old 02-28-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, why did Tim expose himself by faking Landry's alibi? If he didn't want to pin it on the Prof, then he wouldn't have worn Landry's cloths while doing the deed and/or planted them for the cops to find. EDIT: I guess Tim's motive was to fake the alibi and then expose it as a fake, thereby making Landry look even more guilty, but it still seems risky and unnecessary.

Originally Posted by dhmac
But I've suspected the TA ever since we were told the murder of the Dean was done like Veronica's "perfect murder" story, which only 3 people should've been able to read: Veronica (innocent), the Professor (too obvious), and the TA (just right).
I think Veronica mentioned her "how to get away with murder" paper was publicly posted.

Last edited by wmansir; 02-28-07 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-28-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Here's one. I posted something a good bit earlier on another Veronica Mars thread on another forum, but I'd have to track down which one it is.

Like I said earlier, though, it wasn't that all signs were pointing to Tim. According to the usual mystery formula -- where the killer has to be a previously established character who no one has suspected or hasn't suspected in a while -- there were only two characters it could be: Tim and the dean's goth-drummer kid. Tim had more of a presence on the show and was therefore the most likely of the two.
I wasn't actually calling anyone out. I just get sick of all the "I called it as X months ago! It was so obvious!" posts after every VM arc wrap-up episode. One or two people legitimately call out the right culprit, and it's like a bunch of other people feel left out.
Old 02-28-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mine is here from last week's "Mars, Bars". I think I got the motive wrong (of course who could have known that until last night?), but my suspicion of Tim was correct.

Originally Posted by MrX
"I'm just trying to figure out which Gilmore Girl you are"
Poor Wallace. That was indeed the quote of the night for me.

So now I get a break from VM while Top Model runs which is good for me. I can watch House on HD once AI stops running 5 hours a week.

This took 6 episodes to do. So to set up another there needs to be one semi-standalone episode. It would be nice to have another 6-7 episode mini mystery. I enjoy the whole season arcs, but if a cautious CW wanted to break the whole season into 3 separate arcs and keep it on the air, I'm happy!

Last edited by rfduncan; 02-28-07 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-28-07, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't actually calling anyone out. I just get sick of all the "I called it as X months ago! It was so obvious!" posts after every VM arc wrap-up episode. One or two people legitimately call out the right culprit, and it's like a bunch of other people feel left out.
I was actually thinking the same thing. But here's my post from last week. I really did call it.
Old 02-28-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I enjoy the whole season arcs, but if a cautious CW wanted to break the whole season into 3 separate arcs and keep it on the air
The last batch of episodes are standalones. There's no mystery arc.
Old 02-28-07, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
The last batch of episodes are standalones. There's no mystery arc.
But I understand that
Spoiler:
there is at least a 3 story Mac arc!

Hmm. That has never happened before. I just can't see the staff writers not having any arcs across the remainder of the season!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.