Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

West Bank Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
West Bank Story

I have been a huge fan of this film for a couple of years, buying copies for friends and bugging them until they see it. So I was thrilled to learn it was given the Academy Award for best live action short film. The film in my opinion is genius and if you can, buy it.

http://www.westbankstory.com/

I would think with more success, perhaps Ari (the guy who made the film) would change his film distribution method... but I do find it nice to send him an email and ask him to mail me a DVD. And he personally answers.

Trailer
http://www.westbankstory.com/multime...ler_Medium.mov

"A Little Singing. A Little Dancing. A lot of Hummus"

No affiliation. I just think the film deserves the props and success and I like seeing the little guy do good.
Old 02-26-07, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When the Oscar nominations were first announced I started looking for the various shorts online. I never did find any of them really, especially none of the live action shorts. I saw the trailer for West Bank Story though, and instantly thought it was something I needed to see.

Anyway, I gave up a few days before the big show since it was starting to tick me off that I couldn't find it online. However, when they announced the win it just struck me to check iTunes, and sure enough all of the live action and animated shorts that were nominated were listed there to buy for $1.99 each. I have no clue why I didn't check there sooner, but whatever.

I went ahead and bought Helmer & Son (I thought that one would win after all of the talk about it) and West Bank Story, so I'll be watching them very soon, maybe tonight even. I hate the format of the downloads, but at least I have them to watch now.

So there's another option for any of you who would like to check this one out, or any of the other ones.

EDIT:

I might order the DVD also, that would be pretty cool.

Last edited by BrentLumkin; 02-26-07 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-26-07, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool, I never thought to look there.
Old 04-16-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I could just email you RandyC, but I'll post this here instead. I did end up sending an email to Ari Sandel (a few emails over time actually), and not only did he personally respond and personally ship the DVD to me, but he also autographed the cover (on the actual artwork) at my request. Woohoo!