Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Help me with Far Cry (PC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-07, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me with Far Cry (PC)

I hope it's not too out of line to ask for help with what to most is an old game.

I am so freakin' stuck. I can't get past the last part of the Boat level, where you face Crow in the helicopter.

I have tried everything, so many times. Hiding and firing rockets from the bridge. Using the big mast at the front of the ship. Hiding around a tree. Using the gun on a Humvee. I just get killed, and killed and killed.

Even when it seems like I'm scoring hits with rockets, the ship ends up sinking out from under me before I can bring him down or make him go away, and I'm fish food.

This is the first thing I've come across in this game where I think I just can't get any further. I hate to give up on it because it's just so good... but it's starting to look like it's time to pack it away.

Old 02-24-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If I remember this part correctly, at some point you need to climb on top of the cabin of the ship, because this will be the last part to go under water. Firing from the cabin is a good start, but once you start sinking, run outside and climb onto the roof and keep firing at him from there.
Old 02-24-07, 01:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two ways I have beat Crow:

Method 1: Run back to the cabin in the middle of the boat. Whatever side Crow flies towards, duck and hide right below the window on that side. Crow won't be able to hit you with his minigun. As soon as he stops firing, quickly stand up and shoot a rocket at him. Immediately go back into crouching or if Crow flies to the other side run over to that side and crouch below the window. Just keep doing this, crouching while he shoots and shooting a rocket when he stops. It takes about 8 rockets or so to make him fly away. You have to be quick since the boat you are on is sinking, but it is possible to beat him before it sinks.

Method 2: This method is easier IMO. When you plant the C4 and Doyle tells you to run towards the front of the ship, ignore him. Immediately jump over the side of the ship and swim back to shore. If you are quick enough, you can get there before Crow shows up. Find a big tree to use as cover. Crow will strafe around the tree trying to shoot you, but if you keep strafing too keeping the tree between you and him, he won't be able to hit you. When he stops shooting for a sec, lean around the tree and fire a rocket at him. After 8 rockets or so, he flies away. It may be cheap using an indestructible tree as cover, but hey it works. Too bad Crysis will have fully destructible environments, so we won't be able to use that cheap trick anymore.
Old 02-24-07, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
I just used the mast. It took 8 or 9 rockets I think. You just have to learn when you are safe(r) from his bullets. That depends on where he is and which direction he is traveling. Oh, and don't miss more than once or so.