Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Where's the Paypal $15 off $30 purchase thread?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-21-07, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone ever confirm that it was legit? I just made an Ebay purchase of over $30 and am wondering what I do do ensure I get my $15.
Old 02-21-07, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by jewellrunner
Did anyone ever confirm that it was legit? I just made an Ebay purchase of over $30 and am wondering what I do do ensure I get my $15.
About 20 posts down from yours. Or here.
Old 02-21-07, 02:17 PM

Sorry about that. For some reason my computer is only showing 16 total threads.
Old 02-21-07, 02:20 PM

Sorry about that. For some reason my computer is only showing 16 total threads.
np. If you go into your account settings, you can change it so you can see all the threads.
Old 02-21-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can also click SEARCH and search for the word Paypal. You would have found 2 threads on the subject...
Old 02-21-07, 02:56 PM

Well, I don't think it's my settings because when I go into other boards on the site such as DVD Talk, I can see mulitiple pages of threads just fine.
Old 02-21-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I don't think it's my settings because when I go into other boards on the site such as DVD Talk, I can see mulitiple pages of threads just fine.
It's not necessarily a matter of "pages." There is a setting for how many days worth of threads you view. Mine defaults to 2 days. Any threads without activity for the last 2 days will not appear. But you can always change the filter at the bottom manually...
Old 02-22-07, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It amazes me that people will make 20 replies telling someone how to look up answer rather than 1 reply with the answer. I can tell you that I was sent the e-mail from PayPal directly so it is legit. How long it takes them to do the rebate is unknown at this point.
Old 02-22-07, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are the some special circumstances that come into PayPal's decision to send someone the email? I have never received one on any of my PayPal email addresses. I could have used it on the last $55 ebay auction I won.
Old 02-22-07, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by dablueguy
It amazes me that people will make 20 replies telling someone how to look up answer rather than 1 reply with the answer. I can tell you that I was sent the e-mail from PayPal directly so it is legit. How long it takes them to do the rebate is unknown at this point.
And why shouldn't we? If there is an existing thread, is not better to point that person to that thread? This way they learn how to look and search instead of posting needless new threads because we just don't blurt out the answer. I mean if everyone just created a new thread for every question they had, the forums would get a lot more cluttered would they not?
Old 02-22-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

give a man a fish...
Old 02-23-07, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shadow32
And why shouldn't we? If there is an existing thread, is not better to point that person to that thread? This way they learn how to look and search instead of posting needless new threads because we just don't blurt out the answer. I mean if everyone just created a new thread for every question they had, the forums would get a lot more cluttered would they not?

It wouldn't be so bad if one person made one post pointing him/her in the right direction, but there were six replies to the original post before I chimed in and they all pretty much repeated themselves. All it does is keep the post at the top of the page thereby inviting more people to add to it. If you don't wish to answer, a simple link to the original post would make more sense. And btw...welcome to the forum.
Old 02-23-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dablueguy
It amazes me that people will make 20 replies telling someone how to look up answer rather than 1 reply with the answer.
Shadow and I gave him helpful information to assist him with his problem, so in the future he can find threads more easily. We weren't flaming him, or yelling at him for creating a new thread. We were HELPING him. Big difference... But PLEASE just let this thread die. It was up near the top again, just 2 away from the proper Paypal thread...