Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best price on New James Bond DVDs?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-15-07, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to buy all the bond movies on DVD. So, where is the cheapest place to buy all of them? Also, what is advantage of buying the collection dvd sets?
Old 02-15-07, 05:13 PM

wrong forum but u can go to dvdpricesearch.com to search for the current lowest price.
Old 02-15-07, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vu_quy
wrong forum but u can go to dvdpricesearch.com to search for the current lowest price.
Why is it wrong forum? We get "best price for ____?" threads all of the time here. But I guess it depends on if the OP is asking for individual discs or the newly released volumes, if it's the latter I think it is appropriate in this section. The website you mention is great, but for B&M it isn't the best.
Old 02-15-07, 06:00 PM

The new ultimate edition collections have 2 disc special editions whereas the recently released single disc special editions that jettison the 2nd disc. I havent checked the specs but I think that the single editions are identical to disc 1 of the 2 discs (remastered movie and commentary/commentaries). I got 2 of the Ultimate editions cheap off Amazon used and they looked brand new. However since you'll be buying from individuals you'll need to be careful. Around $54 each new at deepdiscountdvd and around $29 each used on Amazon. Make sure you look at the used sellers ratings, etc.
Old 02-15-07, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you're up for used copies, I've found 3 of the 4 Ultimate Edition box sets around town at various GameStop & EB Games stores for $29.99 (volumes 3 & 4) and $24.99 (volume 2). I wasn't planning on upgrading, but for those prices, what the heck! Still searching for volume one.

YMMV
Old 02-15-07, 10:52 PM

If you don't mind used DVDs, lots of Game Stops and EB Games have the box sets available. Sets 1 & 2 are $24.99 and 3 & 4 are $29.99.

I've picked up 2-4 and the boxes have been mint, the discs mint, and all inserts included.
Old 02-15-07, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JiM T
If you're up for used copies, I've found 3 of the 4 Ultimate Edition box sets around town at various GameStop & EB Games stores for $29.99 (volumes 3 & 4) and $24.99 (volume 2). I wasn't planning on upgrading, but for those prices, what the heck! Still searching for volume one.

YMMV
Wow. That's the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me on a message board. We posted the same thing within two minutes, plus we're both still looking for Vol. 1.

Get. Out. Of. My. Head.
Old 02-15-07, 11:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vcuram
Wow. That's the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me on a message board. We posted the same thing within two minutes, plus we're both still looking for Vol. 1.

Get. Out. Of. My. Head.
Don't look at me, dude - I was about to complain about the echo in here!

Good luck in the search for Volume One!