Lost -- "Flashes Before Your Eyes" -- 02.14.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Flashes Before Your Eyes"

Hurley enlists Charlie to help him get the truth out of Desmond.

They're also repeating last week's episode at 9p in case you missed it or want to see it again..
Old 02-14-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I read a qoute that made me believe that the "jump the shark" moment they referred to earlier in the year will happen in this episode. I can't wait to see this episode as it focuses on Desmond. I find him to be a very intriguing character played by a good actor.
Old 02-14-07, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
List of spoilers for tonight's episode:

Spoiler:

Episode 3.08: Flashes Before Your Eyes (Desmond-centric)
Airdate: February 14, 2007

* new 02/12 - Back on the beach, the Oceanic 815-ers will finally be dealing with the aftereffects of Desmond turning the fail-safe key, which imploded the hatch and lit the sky purple. In episode 8, the lovelorn Scottish soldier — new and improved with precognitive abilities! — informs a central character that he or she will die; he is also the subject of a flashback device employed "in a way we never have before and never will again," hints Lindelof. "It'll either blow people's minds or chase them away for good." Source: Entertainment Weekly
* 01/29 - A suspicious and determined Hurley enlists Charlie to help him wrangle the truth out of Desmond, who has been acting strangely ever since the implosion of the hatch. Guest starring are Sonya Walger as Penny Widmore, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Shishir Kurup as Donovan, Fionnula Flanagan as Ms. Hawking, Katie Doyle as receptionist, Jeremy Colvin as delivery man, Michael Titterton as bartender and David Cordell as Jimmy Lennon. Source: ABC
* 01/24 - Charlie and Hurley try to work out what happened to Desmond after the hatch explosion. We learn more about Desmond’s past focusing on his life before recruitment into the army. Will we finally get a better understanding of what the Others are up to? Source: UK DigiGuide via spoilerslost.blogspot.com
* 12/21 - The Widmores pop up in the Feb. 14 episode, which is called "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and involves Hurley and Charlie trying to figure out why Desmond has been acting so weird since the hatch went blooey. Source: Zap2it
* 11/15 - Ausiello scooped us on this yesterday, but in case you've missed it: Site visitor Bernard told me over the weekend that the old woman seen with Desmond in flashback pictures available HERE is famous Irish actress Fionnula Flanagan, who many people may know as the housekeeper in the Nicole Kidman movie "The Others". Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
* 11/08 - Cuse and Lindelof revealed: I think you'll begin to get a real sense of the answer to [what happened to the kids who were abducted] in about the second episode back after the break — a very real sense. I think that's a reasonable connection [to think that it has to do with Juliet being a fertility doctor]. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 11/08 - Lots of filming activity this past week. Last week on Nuuanu Avenue, a bar interior and a London street scene (featuring 1995 concert posters and a military recruiting office). On Sunday, filming inside the Hawaii State Supreme Court Building, with its pillars and marble and hardwood stairs. On Monday, an interior shoot at "Stanwyck's Antiques" (using the same space as Locke's "Walkabout" tour office). But the big shoot is Tuesday, Nov. 7. Fort Steet Mall, a major pedestrian thouroughfare downtown, was transformed into a busy London city street. A London Underground entrance, black taxi cabs, a newsstand and red phonebooth, palm trees turned into noble oaks... Desmond exits Widmore Industries, upset, yanking off his tie and throwing it to the ground. He then comes across Charlie, strumming "Wonderwall" on the corner and collecting change in his guitar case. Then the conversation gets surreal. Desmond is having an epiphany, and seems delirious. "Remember the rain? It happened before!" and "This is happening!" He seems to be having one of his spells of deja vu. Last scene of the day. Same London street, but perhaps a very different time. Desmond is no longer wearing his dapper suit, but rather, a drab coat and scarf, looking somewhat destitute. He's wandering around the entrance to the London Underground, ranting like your typical neighborhood schitzo. He spots and sits next to an elegant, older, white-haired woman in a purple gown. They converse. Suddenly there's a crash! People panic. It's a construction accident nearby, and Desmond stands, distressed. The woman approaches calmly. She gives him a ring. He gives her money. She walks off. Source: The Transmission
* 11/08 - Some sources say that Episode 8 is set in London and that one scene features Desmond in a bar. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
* 11/07 - Flight attendant Cindy and kids Zack and Emma will be in episode 3.08. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 10/18 - Don’t be surprised if episode 8 is all about Charlie. Casting notices just went out for two Brits. Both of them are male, and one of them is a “charismatic” university professor. Source: Kristin on E!Online [Note: Many sources say this episode will either be Desmond- or Others-Centric.]
* 10/18 - We won't see [Penny] again until after the break. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 07/22 - Among the revelations to come: Viewers will learn more about Desmond and Penny. Source: Sci Fi Wire
* 05/24 - "You will [eventually] find out what happened to Cindy," [says Cuse.] Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
Old 02-14-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from the above spoiler
Spoiler:
he is also the subject of a flashback device employed "in a way we never have before and never will again," hints Lindelof

Kinda reminds me of that Chevy Chase movie, Funny Farm
Spoiler:
whe his wife is reading the manuscript and crying "there were flash backs, flash forwards, and even a flash sideways!"
Old 02-14-07, 11:23 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looks like this episode will also be shown next week at 9PM right before the new episode at 10PM. I hope they show the previous week's episode at 9PM for the remainder of the season.
Old 02-14-07, 11:56 AM

From USA Today:

"After all the talk of delays and disappointments, tonight brings a startling reminder of why expectations still soar around Lost (* * * * out of four, 10 ET/PT, ABC). At its best, as it is tonight, this astonishing series risks and accomplishes at a level few others even try to reach.

We are, thankfully, back on the beach and back with Charlie and Hurley, who are determined to find out what happened to Desmond when he turned that key. He won't tell them, but he does tell us — via a stunning flashback that spins the show off into totally new territory.

Eerie and yet amusing, confounding and yet completely controlled, this hour is the season's best and likely to be one of the series' most dissected and discussed. On a basic viewership level, it's great to see Lost move beyond the fall's cages and cells and be visually compelling again. But the episode may also alter the view of those who have focused so tightly on the little mysteries that they've lost sight of Lost's ability to tackle bigger issues. The question so brilliantly posed tonight is, "What is fate?" Is it possible to change our paths, or does the universe want what it wants without input from us? The answer is of critical importance to at least one character; make sure you're there tonight to discover which one."

USA Today
Old 02-14-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow... reading that ^^^^^^^ really has me psyched for tonight's episode!
Old 02-14-07, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Can't Wait!!! We have some pretty interesting backstories being told tonight and through the next few weeks.
Old 02-14-07, 03:05 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20070213abc04

[02.13.07 - 05:12 PM]
“LOST” FANS GET A VALENTINE’S DAY SURPRISE AS ABC.COM PREMIERES CHARACTER VIDEO BACK STORIES, BEGINNING FEBRUARY 14

Released by ABC

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

Dedicated to expanding its network and channel brands across multiple platforms and connecting viewers with their favorite shows anytime and anywhere, Disney-ABC Television Group announced today that ABC.com is giving Lost fans a Valentines Day surprise with the first installment of four video back stories (Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Locke). Created to provide new viewers insight into the lives of the series characters and to give fans an opportunity to see characters back stories in chronological order, each video combines scenes from previously aired episodes. Every Wednesday four back story segments will debut on ABC.com until the end of the season (60 total).

Go to ABC.com for this seasons previously aired episodes on its broadband video player. And as announced last week, ABC.com has also added several new features on its Lost site, including a new video podcast with executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, which offers a special sneak peek at extra content from the series Season Three DVD, to be released later this year. Additionally, visitors to ABC.com will find a new exclusive feature called Writers Rotation that showcases the favorite music and listening selections of members of the Lost production team, plus an updated version of Lost & Found, which highlights not-to-be-missed moments in upcoming episodes, as well as excerpts from the official Lost magazine, updated games, photos and video clips.

From ABC Television Studio, Lost stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie and Terry OQuinn as Locke.
Good, maybe they will stop with the incessant back stories during the regular show.

Chris
Old 02-14-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GradVT06
Wow... reading that ^^^^^^^ really has me psyched for tonight's episode!
No joke. Can't wait!

Old 02-14-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shemp
From USA Today:

"He won't tell them, but he does tell us — via a stunning flashback that spins the show off into totally new territory."

USA Today
Isn't that pretty much what all the flashbacks do? Tell us something about the character that they know and the others do not? Doesn't seem like anything new. The only difference would be if the flashback doesn't go back, but rather forward, or (as I mentioned above)
Spoiler:
sideways

Last edited by A-aron; 02-14-07 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-14-07, 03:48 PM

There's trouble in paradise!

I had my reservations about ABC moving Lost to 10 pm, and so far after one week my concerns have been realized.

Date (w/e) Viewers in millions:

10/08/06 18.82

10/15/06 16.89

10/22/06 16.31

10/29/06 17.09

11/05/06 16.07

11/12/06 17.15

02/11/07 14.49 (CSI:NY had 14.97 million viewers)

Now that is a huge drop off of viewers. It will be interesting to see how many millions of viewers they will have for the remaining episodes. And if the storylines continue to be mediocre (imho) at best, their #'s will drop even more.

Chris
Old 02-14-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
They could always...oh, I don't know....MOVE IT BACK TO 9pm?

Right now, since they're preempting their brilliant programming that took its place, it really wouldn't confuse viewers too much..
Old 02-14-07, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by achau9598
Isn't that pretty much what all the flashbacks do? Tell us something about the character that they know and the others do not? Doesn't seem like anything new. The only difference would be if the flashback doesn't go back, but rather forward, or (as I mentioned above)
Spoiler:
sideways
That's what I was just thinking about. Spoilers - for if I'm right.

Spoiler:

It would be pretty cool if (with Desmond's new "gift") he had a flashback of the future. He is off of the island after how many years and doesn't remember too much about it. However, I think that would give too much away and have future storylines be restrictive. Does that make sense?
Old 02-14-07, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOST will pick back up in viewers. the 16-week straight run will give it momentum it's never had before. I wouldn't be surprised to see it back to 18-20m viewers come finale time. Repeating the previous week's episode before a new airing is a great move, it will allow viewers who missed it to catch up, and would rate higher than any comedy hour, even as a repeat. LOST repeats could still garner 9-10m viewers and do great in the demos - it's a show people love to watch again to see what they missed.
Old 02-14-07, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Now that is a huge drop off of viewers. It will be interesting to see how many millions of viewers they will have for the remaining episodes. And if the storylines continue to be mediocre (imho) at best, their #'s will drop even more.
Yeah, but that's overall viewers including kids and the elderly.

If you look at the demo networks care about, 18-49, this was the highest-rated telecast among adults 18-49 in the 10p hour for any regular series on any network since the season premiere of ER last year. Plus, ABC had their best ratings in the time period among adults 18-49 (and total viewers) since the two-hour season-finale of Lost last May.

Not too shabby.
Old 02-14-07, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by hardercore
LOST will pick back up in viewers. the 16-week straight run will give it momentum it's never had before. I wouldn't be surprised to see it back to 18-20m viewers come finale time. Repeating the previous week's episode before a new airing is a great move, it will allow viewers who missed it to catch up, and would rate higher than any comedy hour, even as a repeat. LOST repeats could still garner 9-10m viewers and do great in the demos - it's a show people love to watch again to see what they missed.
We'll talk again in May!

Chris
Old 02-14-07, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Shemp
Yeah, but that's overall viewers including kids and the elderly.

If you look at the demo networks care about, 18-49, this was the highest-rated telecast among adults 18-49 in the 10p hour for any regular series on any network since the season premiere of ER last year. Plus, ABC had their best ratings in the time period among adults 18-49 (and total viewers) since the two-hour season-finale of Lost last May.

Not too shabby.

Yeah, but demos are the figures that the networks love to put a spin on to their benefit. The raw million #'s are what speak to me!

Chris
Old 02-14-07, 05:08 PM

A man for the masses, I see. I admire that.
Old 02-14-07, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jim
Looks like this episode will also be shown next week at 9PM right before the new episode at 10PM. I hope they show the previous week's episode at 9PM for the remainder of the season.
Next week is scheduled to be the last week they do that. But if the ratings improve upon the comedies that had been airing in that slot, I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue doing that.
Old 02-14-07, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by scott27
Next week is scheduled to be the last week they do that. But if the ratings improve upon the comedies that had been airing in that slot, I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue doing that.
I think it would make sense to do that. Though, I still don't like having to stay up till 11 pm just to see it in HD.

Chris
Old 02-14-07, 05:58 PM

i actually dont mind it at 10est, this way i can watch idol at 9. But reading that usa today article got me pretty excited for tonights episode.
Old 02-14-07, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
[Groucho]Can't Wait!![/Groucho]
Old 02-14-07, 07:11 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I think it would make sense to do that. Though, I still don't like having to stay up till 11 pm just to see it in HD.

Chris
Simple solution - move to the central time zone, where it's on at 9.
Old 02-14-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Hd Pvr!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.