Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Larry King - Gives good quotes to movies he doesn't necessarily like

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-13-07, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From IMDB:

No matter how lousy the movie, studios can usually count on a glowing review of it from CNN talk-show host Larry King, Los Angeles Times columnist Patrick Goldstein observed today (Tuesday). King, according to Goldstein, even gives enthusiastic reviews to film he doesn't even like -- like Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. In studio ads for it, King's name appeared below this rave: "Finally, a Movie Worth Seeing Over and Over Again!" In an interview with Goldstein, King conceded that he "had no idea what was going on. ... I'd have to see it over and over again to figure out what happened." King complained that some critics "don't even want to like the movie," singling out the Wall Street Journal's Joe Morgenstern. "Sometimes I don't even know what he's looking at." Asked to respond, Morgenstern told Goldstein that he was "honored to be deplored by Larry King." He chastised King for taking cellphone calls during the middle of a recent screening. King later apologized, but remarked. "It was urgent. They were important calls, things I had to respond to. I didn't talk on the phone for more than a minute or two."
Old 02-14-07, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He said Bringing Down the House was one of the funniest movies ever made. Whether or not he was just saying that, the fact he did renders anything he says about movies utter gibberish.
Old 02-14-07, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's pretty funny.
Old 02-14-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
People pay attention to Larry King?
Old 02-14-07, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't look up to Larry King for film criticism, but many movie critics have had their "positive" quotes slapped onto movie ads, just ask David Manning.
Old 02-14-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Every time I read a Larry King quote on a DVD case , it always seems to end with "...ever made" or "...ever saw"