Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

GALACTICA Gets 13 Ep. Season Four

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-12-07, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just saw on Aintitcool.com that TV Guide’s Michael Ausiello reports that SciFi has ordered 13 fourth-season episodes.

Read more about it HERE
Old 02-12-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Major character a cylon? My money is on:

Spoiler:
Admiral Adama...I keep remembering that "Adama is a cylon" from that mole a few seasons back...
Old 02-12-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's good news. I do think they should end it at the end of that season.
Old 02-12-07, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts
I think this will help keep down the number of "filler" episodes that everyone seems to hate, but I don't think it has to end after it either. I imagine the difference in storytelling might give TPTB a little more focus and let the story go on a bit longer.
Old 02-12-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by milo bloom
I think this will help keep down the number of "filler" episodes that everyone seems to hate, but I don't think it has to end after it either. I imagine the difference in storytelling might give TPTB a little more focus and let the story go on a bit longer.
It won't be 'ended' early than season 6, it might be canceled before then, but I don't see the producers wanting to end the series before S6...
Old 02-12-07, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
So what about the straight-to-dvd movie?
Old 02-13-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The more Battlestar we get the better. Sadly its only 13 episodes.
Old 02-13-07, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

Spoiler:
Admiral Adama...I keep remembering that "Adama is a cylon" from that mole a few seasons back...
I still don't even really buy the Cylons that look like humans thing; that would just completely ruin the show for me if they did that...
Old 02-13-07, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Fine by me. The 1st season was the best so far, so hopefully the shorter season gets them back to that form.
Old 02-13-07, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cartload
Fine by me. The 1st season was the best so far, so hopefully the shorter season gets them back to that form.
I agree. If it continues for 2-3 more beyond next season at 13 episodes each, I'm all for it.
Old 02-13-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The series could end in March as far as I'm concerned, I just want the writers to have enough advanced warning so they can "End" the series, and not have it cancelled out from under us.
Old 02-13-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think the fact that it is 13 eps will make the series any better. If they know the series will be over at the end of those episodes, yes that will help, but if they think it might continue they will keep putting in filler episodes and adding new arcs.
Old 02-13-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt

Spoiler:
This doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not going to spoiler speculation, so look away if you care.

The models don't age, we've already seen flashbacks of a younger Bill Adama. If he is a Cylon, what does that make Lee? What about Zack?

If this turns out to be true, they had better have a damn good explanation for it.
Old 02-13-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
The series could end in March as far as I'm concerned, I just want the writers to have enough advanced warning so they can "End" the series, and not have it cancelled out from under us.
This season is already in the can and it's been stated in interviews with some of the cast members that many major plot points are left hanging at the end of it.
Old 02-13-07, 04:13 PM

PRESS RELEASE:

SCI FI RENEWS 'BATTLESTAR GALACTICA'
Published: February 13, 2007
Season 4 To Premiere January 2008

NEW YORK – February 13, 2007 – SCI FI has renewed its Peabody-winning signature series 'Battlestar Galactica.' The Channel will bring the critically-acclaimed series back for a minimum of 13 hours. Production will resume this summer with an eye toward a January 2008 premiere.

The decision comes after the series' incredibly successful move to Sunday nights. Since moving to its Sunday night (10pm) slot last month, 'Battlestar's audience has grown in Total Viewers (+8%), Female Viewers (+double digits across every female demo) and in the show's Target Demos of Adults 18-49 (+19%) and Adults 25-54 (+14%), versus the season 3.0 averages. The January 28th episode, "Taking A Break From All Your Worries," delivered 2.5 million total viewers and 1.6 million Adults 18-49 – the largest audience for any 'Battlestar' episode since the season 2 premiere (7/15/05).

"We're thrilled to bring 'Battlestar' back for another season. This series has delivered on every level – from the writing to the acting to the production values," stated Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Programming, SCI FI. "SCI FI is proud to be the home of the best show on television."

Redefining the space opera with its gritty realism, Galactica's intensity, issues-driven topicality, and command performances have garnered it unprecedented critical acclaim. In addition to winning a prestigious Peabody Award, the series has been honored as one of the 10 Outstanding Television Programs of the Year by the American Film Institute (AFI) for two years running. Battlestar is also responsible for introducing the expletive "frak" into the pop culture lexicon.

"While we never had any doubt that SCI FI would get behind a fourth season of 'Battlestar,' it's thrilling to finally make it official, and for Ron and I to continue using this great genre to investigate the darker corners of society, politics and humanity," stated Executive Producer David Eick.

'Battlestar Galactica' is the gripping drama of human survival against unimaginable odds. When the Cylon robots rose against their human creators, they launched a devastating nuclear attack that left less than 50,000 survivors. On the run and in search of a new home, the last remnants of humanity struggle against waning supplies, weapons and hope.

The series is from NBC Universal Television Studio and is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Its stellar cast is led by Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. 'Battlestar' recently returned with the second half of its third original season on its new night and time, Sundays at 10pm, immediately following SCI FI's newest original series, 'The Dresden Files.'

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 86 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.
Old 02-13-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by porieux
I still don't even really buy the Cylons that look like humans thing; that would just completely ruin the show for me if they did that...
By Your Command

it sounds like you havn't watched the new show
Old 02-13-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,876 Posts
The Channel will bring the critically-acclaimed series back for a minimum of 13 hours.
Okay... this part makes me really nervous.

It sounds like they're only giving them a partial season of thirteen episodes, with an option to pick up more. If they don't pick up more episodes on the back of the fourth season does that mean it's cancelled? Looks like a really shitty position to be in, if they're making the thirteenth episode this summer without knowing whether it will be the last of the series.
Old 02-13-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Okay... this part makes me really nervous.

It sounds like they're only giving them a partial season of thirteen episodes, with an option to pick up more. If they don't pick up more episodes on the back of the fourth season does that mean it's cancelled? Looks like a really shitty position to be in, if they're making the thirteenth episode this summer without knowing whether it will be the last of the series.
You have to watch out for Sci-Fi when they give you that fourth (or fifth) season, they count seasons a little different that anyone else on the planet...coughFarsscapecough....
Old 03-22-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

GALACTICA Gets 22 Ep. Season Four

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11755

March 21, 2007
Sci Fi Extends 'Battlestar'
By James Hibberd

Sci Fi Channel has increased its fourth season order of "Battlestar Galactica" to 22 episodes.

The order will include a special two-hour "Battlestar" event to air during the fourth quarter of 2007 on Sci Fi, and will also be released on DVD.

Previously, the network announced a reduced "Battlestar" season order of 13 episodes rather than 22. Combined with a slight ratings erosion during the show's current third season, fans worried Sci Fi might cancel the Peabody Award-winning show.

The fourth season will premiere in early 2008. "Battlestar" is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick.

(Editor: Romanelli)

Last edited by Lara Means; 03-22-07 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-22-07, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
^ wow that's a surprise.....
Old 03-22-07, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I really don't know if that's good news after some of the filler episodes this season.
Old 03-22-07, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^ I agree. After some of the recent episodes, I long for the days of the Eastern Alliance.

Ok, not really....
Old 03-22-07, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was incredibly excited about the return of the show last October.

Currently I have 7 unwatched episodes sitting on my TiVo.

I think that says it all.
Old 03-22-07, 08:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I was incredibly excited about the return of the show last October.

Currently I have 7 unwatched episodes sitting on my TiVo.

I think that says it all.
Ugh, you might want to skip most of those.
Old 03-22-07, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe I'm being a PollyAnna, but this tells me that the Galactica showrunners gave Sci-Fi an outline of what they want to do next season and they liked it, therefore upping the order.

Or maybe Sci-Fi is thinking long term. Bigger series means beter syndication deal, more DVD sales, etc.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.