Reload this Page >

Who do I contact for DVD releases?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-12-07, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know one person isn't going to change anybody's minds, but I would still like to send a letter or e-mail to petition networks whoever I need to to release TV shows on DVD. When I grew up as a kid I watched shows like Saved By the Bell, California Dreams, USA High, City Guys, Hang Time, etc.

SBTB for the most part has been released, except the Hawaiian Style and Wedding in Vegas 'movies' which are not available in Region 1. Either way, I think the show was big enough, big enough, and transcendent enough with people for a REAL release- better video, a lot of extras, etc in a complete series set.

And if I recall, none of the other shows I mentioned are even available and aren't planned for released. IIRC, they are all NBC/Universal. Is there an address or department or anyone I can write a letter to? I know a lot of releases come with time, but I'd like to do every bit I can to help speed it up. I'm not sure who did some other shows I'd like to see released like Family Matters and Step by Step, but I am aware Step By Step had a 5 episode disco come out last summer and apparently it didn't sell well enough, and last I heard there is no interest in Family Matters, which both were ABC if IIRC. I would also like to see the remaining season of Boy Meets World released.

If someone can point me to the right direction for which studios or whoever has the rights to the releases, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-12-07, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think most if not all of your questions could be answered at TVSHOWSONDVD.com
Old 02-12-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy1961
I think most if not all of your questions could be answered at TVSHOWSONDVD.com
Thanks, I had to join to get access to some shows that don't have releases yet, and it only lists the studio (like WB) for a few shows but I couldn't find it for all of them or any contact information for the studios. I'll do some more searching.