Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

overstock.com doesnt want our money anymore

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I used to tolerate their slow as a snail shipping, because they used to have decent pricing. Now, not only have they inched up pricing, their coupons have gone from having to have a non media item to qualify to media items not qualifying at all.
Old 02-11-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that's true, then this is the end of my ordering from Overstock.com.
Old 02-11-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I stopped buying from OS when they changed their return policy to charge a restocking fee even when THEY send you wrong or damaged items.
Old 02-11-07, 05:29 PM

I used to order from Overstock regularly but haven't placed an order since Arrested Development S3 was released. I ownder what's going on over there.
Old 02-11-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I used to order from Overstock regularly but haven't placed an order since Arrested Development S3 was released. I ownder what's going on over there.
I discussed Overstock with a sales rep of one of the major dvd distributors and she said they cant imagine how they are getting pricing to sell at that rate at a profit. THey apparantly just loss led to get established. Now they are raising the prices and cutting out the deals.
Old 02-13-07, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BKenn01
I discussed Overstock with a sales rep of one of the major dvd distributors and she said they cant imagine how they are getting pricing to sell at that rate at a profit. THey apparantly just loss led to get established. Now they are raising the prices and cutting out the deals.
This makes perfect sense to me. Seriously their pricing was incredible a lot of the time and as history has shown you cannot continue to sell at a loss forever and stay in business.
Old 02-13-07, 04:23 PM

I was on a serious Overstock binge for a few months when they had low prices, the constant stackable 10-15% off codes, plus the free shipping code, with no need to add non-media items for the coupons. It was worth it with those deals despite the crappy customer service.

But with the stricter coupon codes, higher prices, no free shipping codes, and the same crappy customer service, I have not placed an order there in at least 6 months or so, and don't have any plans to in the future. It was good while it lasted though.
Old 02-14-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I stopped buying from OS when they changed their return policy to charge a restocking fee even when THEY send you wrong or damaged items.
Is that for real? That is fucked up. No company deserves business if that is part of their policy.