Reload this Page >

Taking a ride in the way back machine.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-11-07, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I keep a time machine in my bathroom. Lately I have been using it to playing video games of yesterday. The two I have been currently playing is Marvel vs Capcom 2 for the dreamcast and Xcom ufo denfense on the pc. What do these have in common? Absolutely nothing.

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Playing this makes me wonder where the the hell is 3 at. Come on capcom we need some Ehonda vs Blade or Ghost Rider vs Dr Willy. On a side note Capcom vs SNK cardfighter DS will be coming out soon. But lets not talk about that.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is not an improvement on the first one if you ask me. They went from 6 buttons to 4 (maybe they did for the dreamcast can't remember if the arcade version had 6 or 4 buttons) then they drop the story line. Call me crazy but I like story in a fighting game. Even a wacky game like this should have had a story in. Then the biggest thing that I don't like is the fact that didn't include a move list. I'm pretty sure the first game had a move list so why not 2. Lazy bastard.

Don't get me wrong. I do like the game. Just finished it for the first time a few days ago in fact. Favorite guy is Black Heart or maybe the squid thingy. If you have a way back machine I think you should go a little bit further back to the first game. Come on, you know defeating Onslaught with Megan Man was cool when you stole his power mega man style.

XCom
My way back machine almost died going this far back. Might have to take it in for repairs. Anyway xcom is still fun after 100th time playing it. I still have yet to finish the game and I'm sure I won't finish it again. For some reason I can not stand the thought of using a walkthrough for this. But if I did I probably burn through it. I think I'm going to start a new game yet again. I don't like where my current one is going. At this rate the world will be over run with alien scum trying put probs up my bum.

You want to know a secret. The reason why I wanted to play this game was I like naming the soldiers after people I know. If like the person I might go back to a old save if they die and if don't like them I use them an alien bait. Hey you know you do it to you evil bastard. And if you name your soldier Baron of Hell you better make damn sure he comes back home alive. Preferably without a probe up his bum.

Ok back to xcom. To get this running I had two choice. One use the gold version and run it in 98 or 95 compatibility mode or run the old game under DosBox. I chose to this under DosBox. Doing t this way allows me to play the game under linux also. Hey if you have some old dos game you really want to play give DosBox a try. After this I think I'll give System Shock a try or Tie Fighter. Well if I can find System Shock. Tie Fighter is still in original box sitting on a shelf.
Old 02-11-07, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I really dug the Marvel vs. Capcom games. I wonder why they haven't made a third?
Old 02-11-07, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X-Com is one of the greatest games ever! I fire it up every once in a while on my old DOS box I keep around for playing old games. It's one of those games on forums when people are talking about the classics or favorites, it's always mentioned. Microprose put out some great games back in the day with X-Com, Civilization, Master of Magic, and Master of Orion. Kinda crazy that a game that was released in the early 90's is still played by so many people.
Old 02-11-07, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was no Marvel vs Capcom 3 because Capcom lost the Marvel license to Activision 4 or 5 years ago. So, instead of MvC 3, we get wonders like X-Men : Next Dimension, X2 : Wolverine's Revenge, and the Offiical X3 game.

At least the X-Men Legends and Marvel UA games are decent.