Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

superman ultimate status?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-07, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
superman ultimate status?

is there anyone from the site that can contact WB on behalf of dvdtalk and find out exactly what the status/gameplan is with this release? as you may, or may not, know this release is once again not being sold on amazon. it's also not available anywhere else. deepdiscountdvd listed it as having a new release date in february and that is now gone completely. what i'm wondering is if this set is out of print, in-print but out of stock, or is going to be rereleased in its proper versions. anything we could find out about this release would be infinitely helpful. thanks
colin
Old 02-10-07, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts
I bought my version of The Ultimate Collection earlier this week at Best Buy and it was the corrected version. I gave up waiting for the online retailers to get them back in stock.
Old 02-10-07, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I bought my version of The Ultimate Collection earlier this week at Best Buy and it was the corrected version. I gave up waiting for the online retailers to get them back in stock.

well, i know that i bought mine at best buy a few weeks ago....but when i had them look it up to see when they got it (to try to determine if it was a corrected version) they showed me in their system that the title ha been deleted completely and told me that that meant they were not getting any more of them....just a little bit of further interesting info leading me to believe that warner may have decided to just tuck their tail between their legs and run away from this project altogether
Old 02-11-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ya, what the shit. Is WB just going to scratch this whole thing?
Old 02-11-07, 07:22 AM
Cool New Member

I've seen it hanging around. Just today at best buy, Target only has the Christopher Reeve collection. I say grab anyone you can. The replacement procedure is painless. So painless is it, and so commited to doing it right, that Warners actually sent me three sets of replacement discs. Boy I had a time laughing. Every other day a new pack of Disc one and Superman 3. More S3 than should be safe to have in one house. I worried about risk of disease, and sure enough any plush penguin toys would burst into flames.
Old 02-11-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got mine from Amazon a few weeks a go. Corrected versions were in it. Man, if this is true, I'm glad I picked one up.

I believe there is a chat coming up with WB at Home Theater Forum. You might get your answer then.
Old 02-11-07, 02:02 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a hard set to find here in Canada. WB would be a fool not to release this set again as the demand for it is high.
Old 02-11-07, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got my mine after the holidays, but not sure if it is the corrected version. i did just see a copy of it at circuit city today.