Reload this Page >

Arcade/Pinball Auctions

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Arcade/Pinball Auctions

Old 02-09-07, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arcade/Pinball Auctions

I know this was mentioned a year or so ago, but I can't seem to locate the post.

What are some good sites to find out about arcade/pinball machine auctions?

Any help is appreciated. I finally have a house, and with my tax refund coming thinking I can maybe make a move on a machine (assuming I can talk my wife into it of course)

Also, is there a price-guide if you will, so you know what past auction prices have went for at auctions (outside of ebay of course)
Old 02-09-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
I used to go to a lot of the Super Auctions auctions. they were mostly arcade games but usually had a couple dozen pins.
Old 02-09-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
How cheap to they go?

I've always wanted a Ms. Pac-Man cocktail table(classic or Galaga combo), but price always holds me back.
Old 02-09-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've purchased 2 working stand-up arcade cabinets at auction for less than $50 each. Well, one was right at $50, but you get my point.

I live in the Kansas City area and we have a company called united amusements that does an auction 3-4 times per year. I bought a game called Midnight Resistance, kind of a Contra copy, and a Raiden machine about a year apart. The cabinets were very dirty and the Raiden machine needed some new parts, but nothing major. They were cheap because the cabinets weren't in good shape.

An original Galaga or Ms. Pacman will run into the plus $1000 range if it's in crappy shape, but works. I've seen restored ones go for well over $3000. You can buy a new machine for about that IIRC. Cocktail table games always bring a high price.

This is all just my observation from being to 5-6 arcade auctions here in KC. Other cities, other companies, and different times of year will make a difference too. For example, the auctions in November will bring higher prices than the ones in March.
Old 02-09-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by jw2299
An original Galaga or Ms. Pacman will run into the plus $1000 range if it's in crappy shape, but works. I've seen restored ones go for well over $3000. You can buy a new machine for about that IIRC. Cocktail table games always bring a high price.
Yeah, those are the prices I seem to run into. Well out of my range. I was just curious if those can usually be found at these auctions.
Old 02-09-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've only ever been to one arcade auction. It was a Super Auctions event, and I was in the market for a cabinet to use for my MAME cabinet project. There was an empty Ms. Pacman cabinet that I bid on, but it quickly got out of my price range. I ended up winning a Spy Hunter cabinet that was in somewhat poor condition for about $40. The bottom was rotted out from water damage, but the side art was in great condition. Here's a pic of the cabinet:

And a link to Super Auctions' site: http://www.superauctions.com/index2.asp
Old 02-09-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jw2299
I live in the Kansas City area and we have a company called united amusements that does an auction 3-4 times per year.
I live in KC as well, and can't seem to find a number or website for them - got anymore info....?
Old 02-09-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
I got a nice williams Bubbles cabinet that was converted to jamma for 25 bucks. my friend got a defender cabinet that was converted to jamma for 1 buck. both at the same super auction. it helps if you know how to fix them.
Old 02-09-07, 09:35 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Holy shit, a DaveNinja sighting!
Old 02-09-07, 09:39 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Minor Threat
I live in KC as well, and can't seem to find a number or website for them - got anymore info....?
http://www.unitedamusement.com/
Old 02-11-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dek

Yeah, that's them. Sorry, I didn't get back to this thread very quickly. If you get on their mailing list, they'll send you a postcard letting you know when the auctions are coming up. It's nice if you need to arrange to borrow a truck or trailer like me.
Old 02-11-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dek
Holy crap that is one fugly site!
Old 02-11-07, 01:07 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Here are some more helpful sites :

KLOV forums - Very friendly, best site imo.

Build Your Own Arcade Controls - Forums - More into the Mame scene stuff, helpful.

RGVAC - Google rec.games.arcade.video.collecting - this is the archive for the collecting newsgroup. All the info you need is here. Some idiots there as well.

Killer List of Videogames Site that has a list of almost all the games ever produced.

Bob Roberts - parts for sale The best supplier of parts around for fixing games.

Super Auctions website Auction website from the carnies.

That is all I can think of now, there are way more though.

I can help with questions too, I've got around 30 or so machines, and don't plan on stopping
Old 02-11-07, 05:39 PM

DO any of you guys have like an arcade room? I always wanted one of those, and I think my disposable income is getting close to the point where I could do it. Would probably need a lot of advice getting started though.
Old 02-11-07, 08:46 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

I did until I recently moved. Within the next year or so I plan to have a new house so I can bring them all out of storage and set up the arcade again.

Here are some pics of my buddy's arcades :

Tom's Basement Arcade

My buddy Kevin's arcade

My buddy Brett's arcade - sadly now moved to a warehouse, no pics yet

Got a couple more friends in the bay area that don't have pics for their places as well.
Old 02-12-07, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dek I thought you had left this forum.

Originally Posted by dek
Here are some more helpful sites :

KLOV forums - Very friendly, best site imo.

Build Your Own Arcade Controls - Forums - More into the Mame scene stuff, helpful.

RGVAC - Google rec.games.arcade.video.collecting - this is the archive for the collecting newsgroup. All the info you need is here. Some idiots there as well.

Killer List of Videogames Site that has a list of almost all the games ever produced.

Bob Roberts - parts for sale The best supplier of parts around for fixing games.

Super Auctions website Auction website from the carnies.

That is all I can think of now, there are way more though.

I can help with questions too, I've got around 30 or so machines, and don't plan on stopping
Old 02-12-07, 10:10 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Nah, just rarely visit anymore, found it too clicky in other.
Old 02-12-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for all of the info.....
Old 02-14-07, 10:13 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

No problem, adding 2 more games to the herd shortly, I will have pics up as well
Old 12-08-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I've only ever been to one arcade auction. It was a Super Auctions event, and I was in the market for a cabinet to use for my MAME cabinet project. There was an empty Ms. Pacman cabinet that I bid on, but it quickly got out of my price range. I ended up winning a Spy Hunter cabinet that was in somewhat poor condition for about $40. The bottom was rotted out from water damage, but the side art was in great condition. Here's a pic of the cabinet:

Wanted to know how your Mame cabinet was taking shape.