Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

goozex anyone? (And other trading options)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found goozex while lurking over at CAG. It's a video game trading site and so far I've been pretty sucessful with it. Each game is awarded a point value and fro games you trade you receive that point value as currency. There's a trade list and a want list you fill these up and the site automatically matches you with other people that have your game and want your game. The only real money you have to put is a trade token and shipping to buyer. Its a dollar that goes to goozex for their matching system. Shipping fees can be whatever you want. Its recommended to use something with tracking.

Pros
-automatic matching system. Goozex will send you an email when your game is ready for trading with the person's address. You receive the points for the game as soon as you accept the trade

-trading of pc games

-if you are in a dispute where you never receive the game after 30 days you can report it and the points you paid for the game will be returned back to your account.

Cons
-games that are not in the database cannot be user added. The use the Muze database, if it's not in Muze then the game will not show here.

-Waiting for confirmation by seller can take awhile. The seller has 3 days before confirming to the trade and then another 3 days to ship.

-cannot trade with a specific person. I guess this could be a good thing or bad thing depending on how you look at it. It would be nice for people that you've received exceptional items from to be able to add them to a perfered list.

I've only used it for a month and if anyone has used the site longer I would love to hear fit.

Last edited by squidget; 01-30-07 at 01:37 PM.
Old 01-30-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also use www.tradegamesnow.com and www.gametz.com

I've traded 2 games on each.. Just make sure you trade with someone who has a good amount of "feedback".
Old 09-02-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bringing this back up.. I just registered at www.goozex.com after reading a post somewhere on here from someone who uses it..

Anyone else have any good / bad experiences with it?
Old 09-03-08, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
It doesn't work for me, because I tend to get games cheap months after their release. If I get tired of a game and put it on Goozex, I'm at spot 50+ in line. Even though I just want to trade an old game for another old game, it won't ever happen, because I won't ever get a chance to send out my old games.

Gametz works much better for me. Tradegamesnow is fine too, but has far fewer users than Gametz.
Old 09-03-08, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've used goozex a couple of times. I too have a couple of older games that I just can't get rid of. I actually have been able to trade them on this site or on CAG's exchange forums.

I think I'll have to try out Gametz next time though!
Old 09-03-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I prefer gametz. It gives you more flexibility and you can get the exact condition/completeness you want. If anyone has any questions about gametz, pm me. I have over 275 trades there with no incident.
Old 09-03-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just like the concept of goozex better.. I am a member and have trades on both gametz and tradegames now but sometimes it can be months before anyone will accept a trade offer (fair trade offers).. With this, it looks like I won't have to wait. I already have matches / going to send out Lego Indy and Orange Box.
Old 09-03-08, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tbird2340
I just like the concept of goozex better.. I am a member and have trades on both gametz and tradegames now but sometimes it can be months before anyone will accept a trade offer (fair trade offers).. With this, it looks like I won't have to wait. I already have matches / going to send out Lego Indy and Orange Box.
I am all about minimizing risk and maximizing value and the other sites just can't compare with gametz on that level. It is free and you know exactly what condition the game you receive is going to be in.

I have never have a problem trading or selling. By emailing all with a match, and who wants it, and a forum post, it doesn't take long from my experience.
Old 09-03-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can you elaborate on that? Why is gametz different risk wise compared to tradegamesnow? It's a feedback system both ways.. Also, same question with the maximizing value. It's peer to peer so if you offer me Perfect Dark Zero for Too Human I would be stupid to accept.. How is it that any different on any of the sites (in regards to your "maximizing value" comment).

gametz and tradegamesnow are pretty much the same in my book.. Feedback system, state the condition of the games, etc..

I am interested in the risk involved in goozex since I have never traded with them before.
Old 09-03-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can you elaborate on that? Why is gametz different risk wise compared to tradegamesnow? It's a feedback system both ways.. Also, same question with the maximizing value. It's peer to peer so if you offer me Perfect Dark Zero for Too Human I would be stupid to accept.. How is it that any different on any of the sites (in regards to your "maximizing value" comment).

gametz and tradegamesnow are pretty much the same in my book.. Feedback system, state the condition of the games, etc..

I am interested in the risk involved in goozex since I have never traded with them before.
Risk wise, gametz has been around longer and has a better install base of trustworthy users. And from a cosmetic and user interface aspect, navigation is easier on gametz than tgn.

With gametz, and this is along the same lines with tgn, the value comment is mostly against goosex. Ex-rentals, freddy kruger scratches, no manual, beat up box, fingerprints, etc... are all issues that really can't be avoided when trading on goosex. You are rolling the dice. In addition, there is a cost to use the site. The chances of me keeping a game (collection wise) are slim, so I want it to hold its value.

And from an OCD perspective, I don't like clutter. If I don't want something, I want it out asap. So with gametz and tgn, you can be more proactive in getting rid of your games.
Old 09-03-08, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good points..

That is something I'm afraid of with goosex.. There really isn't a spot to say the condition of games, like you said.. So I wonder if I would get a game that isn't up to my likings (mint condition like I keep mine), would I just have to bite the bullet and keep it?
Old 09-03-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good points..

That is something I'm afraid of with goosex.. There really isn't a spot to say the condition of games, like you said.. So I wonder if I would get a game that isn't up to my likings (mint condition like I keep mine), would I just have to bite the bullet and keep it?
I am pretty sure you are toast, but I haven't really looked at its user agreement.

Anything not appropriately described is grounds for a cause of action on gametz or tgn, but I have no idea on goosex.
Old 09-04-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Since I started this a year ago, I'll chime in.
I've been using goozex for a long while and the majority of the games, I say 90% when I get the complete (which you can specify) apparently are kept by anal gamers like myself and are good to mint condition. Hell, some are even sealed and new. it was very convienent for cleaning out old PC games that were really worth nothing (on ebay and gamestop) but I got like 5 or 10 bucks (points value wise) for it. I have 3 bad trades total. (one was not complete like I asked for, one was never received and one was a different game entirely) I have sent out 112 games and recieved 76. It does take longer to trade away older games but I don't really mind, the "value" of the game doesn't drop too much (maybe 5-10 bucks) while its waiting for trade and i like the set it and forget it attitude.

if you get a game that is not the condition you had hope, sorry there is no recourse with Goozex staff themselves. (unless it doesn't play) Only option is to trade it back

Last edited by squidget; 09-04-08 at 04:35 PM. Reason: update info
Old 09-04-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've had a very positive experience with Goozex, getting good value on my old games. Though I've traded away a lot, and only gotten 3 games worth around 200 points each (last gen games). I've got a ton of points stocked up.
Old 09-08-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I've gotten rid of maybe 30-40 games, including old ass Genesis or Dreamcast games that I'll never play again and that are worth nothing. Now I just have to spend my points--most of what I want are newer titles and I'm way down at the bottom of the queue.
The only problems I've had were one game had the previous owner's initials written on the disk (about 1/3 inch high), and the other, a 150 point game, got returned because the buyer had the wrong address. Goozex gave me the points and said I did my part, I could resell the game.
I like the point system much better than straight up title trades, and much much better than store trade-ins.
Old 09-12-08, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I'll post my experience thus far.. I listed some games I no longer want and immediately received emails saying they had matches and to send them out (Lego IJ and Orange Box).. So I do..

The one guy received the game on Monday.. I never get any credit so I PM him:

"Tracking shows you received the game on the 8th.. Have you marked that you received it as I have not gotten any credit for it yet. Please let me know.

Thank you."

He replies:

"Yeah, I've received it, I'm just testing it over a couple of days. I will leave feedback Saturday."

Now, I think that is pretty lame.. You need 5-6 days to test it? The game is mint, no scratches no nothing..

The other guy received on the 10th and he has yet to reply to my PM.
Old 09-12-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've had a handful of my games get a "system" review, which is when someone refuses to review it within 15 days I think it is, you get an auto-positive.
Old 09-14-08, 12:07 PM
Cool New Member

Another gametz fan here (http://gametz.com/usertab/therainsto...Available.html). I haven't tried the other sites simply because gametz has done it all for me. They have a large user base with games and systems available ranging from current generation to the ultra rare including vextrex and development software. They also list books, movies, music, etc.

The feedback system is flexible so people are rated for honesty, speed, and courtesy as well as space to leave comments on the trade. There is no site-determined currency -- users just work out an agreement. The guy with less feedback typically sends first and delivery confirmation is always recommended. Trades can be agreed to in the forums, chat, or the dedicated offer system which is actually where all transactions get officially listed.

The site is free but paying a minimal subscription fee gets additional perks such as your own personal forum, user filtering, signatures, etc.
Old 10-24-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just started my 2nd trade at Gametz. It takes a while to find someone who trusts a 0 rated guy...but luckily my first trade was a new guy too - and he offered to send first, so why not My 2nd trade, I jsut sent off - I traded Yakuza 2 for PS2 and got Uncharted +$5 because it has no manual. Not a bad deal I thought
Old 10-24-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I just started my 2nd trade at Gametz. It takes a while to find someone who trusts a 0 rated guy...but luckily my first trade was a new guy too - and he offered to send first, so why not My 2nd trade, I jsut sent off - I traded Yakuza 2 for PS2 and got Uncharted +$5 because it has no manual. Not a bad deal I thought
Good trade.

Yeah, there is an initial cost at the beginning of gametz because your rating is low.

I built up my rating by buying at the beginning, but just make sure in every communication you make that you state you will send first (to reputable traders of course). I also attached my ebay and old school switchhouse feedback initially when I was trading.
Old 10-24-08, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Good trade.

Yeah, there is an initial cost at the beginning of gametz because your rating is low.

I built up my rating by buying at the beginning, but just make sure in every communication you make that you state you will send first (to reputable traders of course). I also attached my ebay and old school switchhouse feedback initially when I was trading.
yeah, when i send out offers I send my ebay link as well as dvdtalk trades, and generally say i send first with Delivery conf.

The crappy thing is - i don't know what I want most of the time - so my wanted list is pretty small which cuts back on my matches. Even with Cash as one want, there isn't many matchs
Old 10-24-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I very rarely do the whole matches thing. My strategy is to search the forums for the item I want or create a thread with my wants.
Old 10-24-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ahh - see I haven't done any of that.
Old 10-24-08, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1. Click "My Listing"
2. "Forum Search: Posts"
3. Click "Uncheck all" and then click back the box "Console Marketplace"
4. Make sure the username box is clear (erase your username)
5. Type whatever game you want in the box and hit search. You will find all the listings.

For your own posting:

Just go to forums, console marketplace, and just do a thread with what you want to buy in the title.
Old 10-24-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
The crappy thing is - i don't know what I want most of the time - so my wanted list is pretty small which cuts back on my matches. Even with Cash as one want, there isn't many matchs
One thing that you can do is to go to your list of Available Games, pick one of your games that you have for trade and click Search. It will show you a list of everything available from all traders who want that particular game. You can filter by platform if you want.

Having cash on your want list isn't really too useful a lot of times, because most people don't have cash on their want list, even if they are willing to buy. You can still just send an offer with a sale price to someone who wants it and can often find a buyer. One other thing to note is that there is a separate item for Paypal. If you have cash on your want list, you should probably also put Paypal on the list.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.