Search this Thread

Old 01-22-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
"The Class" - 01/22/07

Someone is missing!

"The Class Has to Go to a Stupid Museum"
Spoiler:
When Palmer overhears a phone conversation between Kat and Benjamin that insinuates that her relationship with Ethan is based solely on sex, she decides they need to practice abstinence and discover what else they have in common. Essence Atkins, Jaime King and Trent Ford guest star.
Old 01-22-07, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I sure enjoy this show. A guilty pleasure. I won't be great, but it will pass the time better than a lot of things.
Old 01-22-07, 10:28 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, they took Holly out of the opening credits as well. Buh-bye!
Old 01-23-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. After last week and tonight's episode, the show has greatly improved.

Spoiler:
When are they going to announce that Fern killed Holly?
Old 01-23-07, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by OMEagles
Yeah, they took Holly out of the opening credits as well. Buh-bye!
Which one was Holly?

I never remember these peoples names.

There's the girl with attitude, her dorky sister, her suicidial boyfriend, John Ritter's son, the gay guy, the blonde woman married to the old football player, and her ex-boyfriend.

That's exactly how I keep track of them. Were there more?

Anyway, it's ok. I really watch it to pass the time until 24. But they sure made mistakes in how the created the show and casted it. Not that this is the biggest problem, but I have a hard time believing the blonde chick who is married to the ex-football player would really care that much about the other guy. He's just not attractive, he's not smooth like Joey was, and he's not even on a path that would make me believe she'd see something in him that would be hard to resist. I hate the little things like that. If it was some other actor, I might buy it and to really invest myself, I need to buy it.

I liked seeing Roseanne's "daughter" as a guest last week, I think. I thought it was funny how badass she was. I'd like to see her come back.
Old 01-23-07, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I liked seeing Roseanne's "daughter" as a guest last week, I think. I thought it was funny how badass she was. I'd like to see her come back.
She has been a reoccuring character since the fourth episode.
Old 01-23-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
She has been a reoccuring character since the fourth episode.
I only remember the one where he came back and she nearly shot him.

That kind of gives you an idea of how much attention I pay. I don't remember her or maybe it has something to do with keeping track of all the damned people they had on this show.

I feel bad that the girl who played Holly had to go (checked on imdb), but they lose more than just her and maybe have a good show.
Old 01-23-07, 03:05 AM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Lena got her casts off!
Old 01-23-07, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I haven't caught up, so how did they write off Holly?
Old 01-23-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
They haven't mentioned it yet on the show. See the spoiler in post #4 to see what they are going to do. Unless they changed and just decided to do nothing.
Old 01-23-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Which one was Holly?

I never remember these peoples names.

There's the girl with attitude, her dorky sister, her suicidial boyfriend, John Ritter's son, the gay guy, the blonde woman married to the old football player, and her ex-boyfriend.

That's exactly how I keep track of them. Were there more?
The blonde news reporter with the flamboyant husband.
Old 01-23-07, 08:40 AM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
The blonde news reporter with the flamboyant husband.
Even though Holly is gone, Perry Pearl (her husband) will be back in on the 2/19 episode.
Old 01-23-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Although Holly didn't do much for the show, the scene with her being hit by a flying stop sign during a hurricane was one of the funniest scenes the show has offered.
Old 01-23-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Lena finally gets to stand up!

Richie was the funniest one this episode, with his reluctance and inability to hear secrets and spy effectively. And the way he tried to be manly drinking his Chocolate Gorilla. Which looks mighty tasty, by the way.

As for the spoiler with Holly, would they really do something like that in a light sitcom like The Class?
Old 01-23-07, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Well last week didn't Fern (Sara Gilbert) threaten her after Richie said he was seeing Holly Ellenbogen? Perhaps Fern is going to bump her off.

In any case, aligning Kyle (the gay guy) with Ethan works much better in terms of keeping everyone in every episode. Does anyone else expect that Kyle's boyfriend Aaron is going to vanish soon too? Last week he was home watching international soccer so Kyle came to watch football with Ethan... now they're seemingly best platonic buds.
Old 01-23-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This show has really improved and now I look forward to it each week. I'm really glad they ditched Holly because she definitely was the weakest link on the show. The phone bit was very funny - that's happened to me a few times...and the chocolate gorilla was priceless.
Old 01-23-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mdc3000
and the chocolate gorilla was priceless.
*hack* A little piece of cookie!
Old 01-23-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ayre
Although Holly didn't do much for the show, the scene with her being hit by a flying stop sign during a hurricane was one of the funniest scenes the show has offered.
I liked when she stepped on the bunny!

I didn't even notice she was missing. I even looked at the picture and thought "yup, they are all there"
Old 01-23-07, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
the idea of holly's character wasn't a bad one. but the actress, and her god-awful annoying voice, made me want to change the channel every time she came on. the show is MUCH better with her gone.

Richie has annoyed me some in past episodes, but he was on fire last night. i was laughing with everything he said, and his delivery when he kept waffling on lying/telling the truth/keeping secrets.

also like the kyle/ethan dynamic. loved this exchange:

"he was playing the violin naked? That's disturbing..."

"or hot"

"we're different..."
Old 01-23-07, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The show's been on a good run lately. At least 3 episodes in a row now where I've been laughing out loud at a lot of scenes. That never happened earlier.

They just better come up with something else for these characters to do besides hook up with each other. Cuz it'll be played out by the end of this season if that's all they've got.
Old 01-23-07, 01:03 PM

Just re-read some of the things in this thread. Wanted to respond to the post about the casting of Duncan.

While I don't think he's the perfect actor for the role, I do think he fits. He's not supposed to br some over the top handsome and smooth guy. That's not why Nicole is supposed to be attracted to him. She's attracted to him because he cares. He pays attention to her. He knows her.

In all the episodes, it's always some heartfelt statement that makes her want to be with him. From the first episode (saying she was the best thing to ever happen to him) to some of the more recent (like when he sang the song he wrote about her), he's always doing or saying something from the heart, not some smooth line.

So I think he fits. Doesn't have to be handsome, smooth, particularly smart, or even have money.
Old 01-24-07, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
That's almost exactly how I described them in the last thread.

The redhead guy was absolutely priceless this episode.

Also, gay guy is a perfect supporting cast member. In fact, I need a cool gay friend to hang out with after watching this show.
Old 01-24-07, 09:06 AM

gay friends are cool. I work with 2 gay guys and end up going on a few business trips with them. fun to hang out with, and they say the cattiest things.
Old 01-24-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Just re-read some of the things in this thread. Wanted to respond to the post about the casting of Duncan.

While I don't think he's the perfect actor for the role, I do think he fits. He's not supposed to br some over the top handsome and smooth guy. That's not why Nicole is supposed to be attracted to him. She's attracted to him because he cares. He pays attention to her. He knows her.

In all the episodes, it's always some heartfelt statement that makes her want to be with him. From the first episode (saying she was the best thing to ever happen to him) to some of the more recent (like when he sang the song he wrote about her), he's always doing or saying something from the heart, not some smooth line.

So I think he fits. Doesn't have to be handsome, smooth, particularly smart, or even have money.
Its also not that she just saw him at a party and started pining over him. They apparently had a very serious relationship that Duncan screwed up and obviously still have feelings for each other.