Search this Thread

Old 01-21-07, 02:32 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Battlestar Galactica - "Rapture" - 1/21/07

"Rapture"
Spoiler:
As a supernova threatens to destroy the algae planet, the Galactica team must race to find clues to the Earth's location.
Old 01-21-07, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't wait!!!!
Old 01-21-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking forward to it too but what is with the commercials. They make is seem like it some WB romance show. Are they trying to attract new girl viewers?
Old 01-21-07, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this the episode where the humans trick the Cylon's into thinking they've all been raptured?
Old 01-21-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Heh...

"Welcome home, Mr. President...." WHACK!
Old 01-21-07, 10:02 PM

Whoa. Some rather heavy plot points here.

The Final Five Cylons = "Ship of Lights"?
Old 01-21-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Awesome episode. Great way to start the second half of the season.
Old 01-21-07, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Is there anything Helo could do that would result in him actually being punished?
Old 01-21-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
While I enjoyed most of the first half of season 3, I admit the form and presentation seemed a little off from the previous seasons. This episode really seemed to be a return to that form.

It was so neat to see the connection between the painting and the temple that everyone saw five weeks ago. I guess it's obvious, but I just have the feeling that if it was a Trek series we were dealing with, the connection would have been so much more artificially convoluted, before being spelled out to us like we were third graders.

The previous friendship of Helo and Starbuck finally comes into play in a nice way that isn't too "soap opera-ish". Same thing with Tyrol and the temple. I was almost expecting him to smack the column in frustration, and activate some trigger that would show the way, but instead we just get another clue that helps, without being too clear.

Next weeks ep looks like more of the "soap opera" so to speak, but hopefully it will more or less wrap up the relationship drama, at least to a point where it can be re-relegated to the b-plots of the rest of the season.

Loved them sneaking Baltar onboard, and then seeing the other Six was something else.
Old 01-21-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"and then seeing the other Six was something else?"

What do you mean? You mean "something else" as in "really cool?"

So I guess now Lucy Lawless gets to take a leave of absence and be off the show for a while?

And if they were "sneaking" Baltar on board in a body bag, who is the body supposed to be? Everyone on deck saw the bag, won't there be questions when the body count doesn't match the body bags?

I guess they can say it was a DeAnna and then destroyed her remains when in reality they just left her in the Temple. Oh well.

BSG is taking Super Sunday off, right?
Old 01-21-07, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jason
Is there anything Helo could do that would result in him actually being punished?
Well, as Helo himself pointed out, it wouldn't have come to this if not for Laura's actions. She couldn't very well punish him after what she did to his child.

Plus, from a purely legal standpoint, don't the Colonials view Cylons as machines? Shooting your car isn't murder.
Old 01-21-07, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah but they "drafted" Sharon Agathon into the military. She was a commissioned soldier. I'm sure there are consequences to killing a fellow soldier. But seeing as how it was a Sharon Cylon, and she was going on a mission to a basestar to gather intel and retrieve the baby....I guess they'll let it slide.
Old 01-21-07, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
Yeah but they "drafted" Sharon Agathon into the military. She was a commissioned soldier. I'm sure there are consequences to killing a fellow soldier.
True, true. But I was speaking from a purely legal standpoint, not injecting any moralilty into it. I'm guessing they have no laws on their books that deal with the killing of a machine, whether it's a commissioned officer machine or not. So while they may not be happy with what he did, legally there's probably nothing they could do about it.

Even so, I'd be watching my step from now on if I was Mr. Agathon.
Old 01-22-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by redskull
Well, as Helo himself pointed out, it wouldn't have come to this if not for Laura's actions. She couldn't very well punish him after what she did to his child.

Plus, from a purely legal standpoint, don't the Colonials view Cylons as machines? Shooting your car isn't murder.
But he still put the fleet at risk, even if he fraked up a toaster to do so. And why couldn't Adama and the President press some charges against him? So what if she lied about the baby? He's the commander of the fleet and she's the fraking president. I'd say they both have the upper hand here. And, as we all know in our world, justice isn't always fair.
Old 01-22-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
aintitcoolnews has a link to an article with some MAJOR spoilers and a nice shot of the temple scene with d'anna.

Aside from the crying baby, the episode was pretty good. Glad to have it back.

Stargate in April! woot!
Old 01-22-07, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone recognize the faces? Far right looks like adama.

Old 01-22-07, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nah.

Spoiler:
Starbuck is a Cylon.
Old 01-22-07, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The folks in the picture are stand-ins. Do you really think they would leak a picture that spoils the rest of the season?
Old 01-22-07, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yes I do, that's how my brain works
Old 01-22-07, 08:33 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
ugh, haven't seen it yet. I would tivo it on Friday nights, and watch it Saturday morning when I got up before my wife. ugh ugh ugh, this Sunday night stuff sucks... !
Old 01-22-07, 09:18 AM
Banned

Ugh, the exchanges between Tyrol and Apollo leading up to the evacuation of the temple were painfully bad. Writing and acting included.

And who's on the algae planet rubbing Lee down with baby oil? Yuck.

I'm not liking where this show is headed. The mythylogical storyline is getting WAY TOO convoluted. At this point it's getting into Lost territory where you just give trying to make any sense of it at all.

Someone explain to me again how it happened that 5 of the cylon models (that had to be designed by the other cylons by the way) somehow mysteriously vanished and kept their identities hidden? And oh yeah, why did that happen as well? Thanks.
Old 01-22-07, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by SonOfAStu

I'm not liking where this show is headed. The mythylogical storyline is getting WAY TOO convoluted. At this point it's getting into Lost territory where you just give trying to make any sense of it at all.

Someone explain to me again how it happened that 5 of the cylon models (that had to be designed by the other cylons by the way) somehow mysteriously vanished and kept their identities hidden? And oh yeah, why did that happen as well? Thanks.

I've been thinking recently about exactly what type of Cylon was the kind that rebelled 40 years ago, because it wasn't he Centurions (they're not sentient), and the ability to look human seems like a recent development. There's a whole heck of a lot we don't know about the show's mythology, and I have to say that's a lot like most mythologies. Magical beings rarely truly explain themselves, and trying to find out is what makes stuff like this enjoyable to watch.
Old 01-22-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's what I'm failing to grasp in all this.

How to do the 7 cylons NOT KNOW who the other 5 are? That seems assinine on the surface. Cylon skinjobs have curiosity...why can't they just go where they are kept?

Step 1. Cut a hole in the box
Step 2. Take a look in the box
Step 3. You know who's in the box

The end with Starbuck and the painted Starburst on her wall....was that really there in the first season? If so, I applaud them for laying this stuff out this far in advance.

Now that there is talk about Season 4 maybe not happening, how about we do this:

Eick and Moore tell Sci-Fi that they will wrap it up in Season 4. End the story. That way they have a complete series to sell on DVD and to farm out to other media.

I will damn Sci-Fi Channel to hell if they let BSG die on the vine with no conclusion.

PS: not until I re-read this did I realize. Starbuck = Starburst.

You think her call sign is also something she got from her dad along with the starburst doodle and the "destiny" crap. Hmmmm...

Last edited by cornflakeguy; 01-22-07 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-22-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody know exactly how fast "FTL" is? I'm assuming they're going to head to that previous Nova site that is 13,000 light years away. Just kinda curious how long that'll take them...
Old 01-22-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Shazam
Nah.

Spoiler:
Starbuck is a Cylon.
Yeah, that's pretty obvious at this point.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.