Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Running Man SE and Unbreakable (Vista) $7.50 @ Walmart

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Running Man SE and Unbreakable (Vista) $7.50 @ Walmart

Picked up The Running Man 2disc SE and Unbreakable Vista Series for $7.50 each at Walmart. Also, Target has Lord of War 2disc SE for $13.78. I think that may have been mispriced as the 1disc version.
Old 01-19-07, 12:47 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you see if they had 28 days later?? i found it there once for 7.50 but they only had the fullscreen version.
Old 01-19-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gigantopithecus
did you see if they had 28 days later?? i found it there once for 7.50 but they only had the fullscreen version.
I didn't notice that one. Sorry.
Old 01-19-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gigantopithecus
I think it's still on that display, but I can tell you with assurance that unless you have someone screwing with them and returning a WS they bought somewhere else, you will NEVER see a WS release of a DVD that had SEPARATE WS/FS releases at wal-mart ("there are no absolutes"--yes, there are exceptions, but they are few and far between)
28dl I know for a fact is FS at walmart--ONLY FS.

they base their choice on sales. They tell stores to display FS at the top (eye level) of the new release endcap, and then in section the next week. As a result, you don't get an accurate representation, and perpetuate the FS dominance by giving it dominant placement. FS-addicts get FS, WS-addicts get WS, and lazy shoppers get FS. As a result, FS tops out pretty much automatically. Thusly, once they drop down to a single facing of a title, FS is all they will carry because it "sells better."

(just so you know not to get your hopes up there).

And I'll add that the Running Man, despite the packaging, to the best of my attempts to find it, does NOT say it is anamorphic--but it in fact IS according to all the reviews around.

Last edited by FangsFirst; 01-19-07 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-19-07, 03:30 PM

If you hunt & peck around at Sam's Club, you can find Running Man for 3.99.
Old 01-20-07, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I really enjoyed Unbreakable (Vista Series). Never understood why it wasn't better received... just an observation...

Thanks for the post, OP. I'll have to look around in my local Wal-mart.
Old 01-20-07, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by leeta
I really enjoyed Unbreakable (Vista Series). Never understood why it wasn't better received... just an observation...
Unbreakable is darn close to a modern classic as far as I am concerned. Expertly crafted. $7.50 is a pretty nice deal for this awesome flick.
Old 01-20-07, 01:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
I think it's still on that display, but I can tell you with assurance that unless you have someone screwing with them and returning a WS they bought somewhere else, you will NEVER see a WS release of a DVD that had SEPARATE WS/FS releases at wal-mart ("there are no absolutes"--yes, there are exceptions, but they are few and far between)
28dl I know for a fact is FS at walmart--ONLY FS.

they base their choice on sales. They tell stores to display FS at the top (eye level) of the new release endcap, and then in section the next week. As a result, you don't get an accurate representation, and perpetuate the FS dominance by giving it dominant placement. FS-addicts get FS, WS-addicts get WS, and lazy shoppers get FS. As a result, FS tops out pretty much automatically. Thusly, once they drop down to a single facing of a title, FS is all they will carry because it "sells better."

(just so you know not to get your hopes up there).

And I'll add that the Running Man, despite the packaging, to the best of my attempts to find it, does NOT say it is anamorphic--but it in fact IS according to all the reviews around.
hahaha. i didnt know that, i mean i kind of assumed they only carried FS....since ive been there a few times specifically looking for 28 Days Later, and every time im like "only FS, wtf!?!"

oh well.
Old 01-20-07, 05:01 AM

I thought unbreakable was a stupid movie.
Maybe I have to watch it again.
I just couldn't deal with Samuel's character.
Old 01-20-07, 07:47 AM

I have to chime in about "Unbreakable". It may be Shyamalans' best film (a slow going, but deeply resonant near-masterpiece), and certainly the last best thing he has done. And it has the benefit of another piece of fine film acting by Miss Penn.