Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

30 Rock - The Head and the Hair - 1/18/2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
30 Rock - The Head and the Hair - 1/18/2007

Synopsis: Liz and Jenna work on their dating game when they're beguiled by two very different MSNBC staffers - a brainy geek and a brawny hunk, but cerebral Liz finds it strange that she's more interested in the attractive one. Meanwhile, Kenneth and Jack switch roles.

Original Air Date: 1/18/2007

I didn't see a thread on this so started one, I enjoyed it.

"I'm going to be your bottom Kenneth. And you're going to ride me as hard as you can."
Old 01-18-07, 11:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Very good episode

Brian Williams dressing room was great, loved "Katie Couric Sucks" spray painted on the wall.
Old 01-18-07, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn Tina Fey looked hot in this episode. Love them Fey boobies.

It always saddens me when the view count on 30 Rock is not close to Scrubs or The Office. It's all on the same night! Way aren't people watching 30 Rock?

It's great!
Old 01-18-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed. Tina Fey looked damn good.

I lost it when Kenneth was cleaning the wall that I assumed read "Katie Couric Sucks".
Old 01-18-07, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this was probably the strongest episode yet. I like that they vary it so that it's not just always the Jack interfering with Lemon while Lemon tries to keep Jordan under control dynamic. Just when I thought the show was probably over, they hit us with shooting the pilot for the game show with the disasterous results. That was gold.
Old 01-19-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Just when I thought the show was probably over, they hit us with shooting the pilot for the game show with the disasterous results. That was gold.
That was GOLD! :

Poor Lemon
Old 01-19-07, 12:07 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I do love the show, I loved Jack coming down in the page's uniform, tracy's part was weak..

and yes lemon boobies are good
Old 01-19-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Another funny ep. I think I'm going to need a macro for the phrase.

Man, I didn't think Alec could be funny just sitting there but when he was at the show pitch meeting I was laughing my ass off!!
Old 01-19-07, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I do love the show, I loved Jack coming down in the page's uniform, tracy's part was weak..
Usually I find Tracy's parts to be a little weak, but that christmas song had me rolling.
Old 01-19-07, 08:07 AM

what happened with tina fey and the Hair dude? my NBC broadcast crapped out during that time in the Hair dude's apartment. missed the entire dialogue and why the moment was ruined.

anyone help?
Old 01-19-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by krblgc
what happened with tina fey and the Hair dude? my NBC broadcast crapped out during that time in the Hair dude's apartment. missed the entire dialogue and why the moment was ruined.

anyone help?
Lemon saw a picture of her great-aunt in the Hair's apartment, which was also his relative. So they realized they were cousins and they both got skeeved out.

Good episode.
Old 01-19-07, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

KAT
COUR
SU

I think this was my favorite episode so far. Gold Case

das
Old 01-19-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

According to my quick calculations, a million dollars in gold would weigh just over 100 pounds. Probably more than the Gold Case models weigh.
Old 01-19-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
According to my quick calculations, a million dollars in gold would weigh just over 100 pounds. Probably more than the Gold Case models weigh.
Kenneth: "Oh, gold is heavy."

Great episode. Loved bit with Head at Jenna's appartment playing the recorder.

"We call you 'Glasses'."
Old 01-19-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Another funny ep. I think I'm going to need a macro for the phrase.

Man, I didn't think Alec could be funny just sitting there but when he was at the show pitch meeting I was laughing my ass off!!
"You've got it in him, now break it off."
Old 01-19-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this tube sock filled with bird seed?
Old 01-19-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Or when he was on the street watching Lemon pretend to throw up, with a wry smile.
Old 01-19-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This show continues to surprise me. So damn funny.

The book writing scenes had me rolling.
Old 01-19-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"This television programming stuff is just one unpredictable assache and I want you to get it out of here."

I love my Baldwin.

"I want to see a show where women get their hair done while listening to salsa music."

Kenneth is also awesome.

If this show gets cancelled, they need a Jack and Kenneth show.
Old 01-19-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
We're on a bacon run.
Old 01-19-07, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Kenneth is the best thing about the show. Last night was funny.
Old 01-19-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Who will be the next person from "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" to appear on this show? That is 4 so far that I've seen: Conan, "Kenneth", "the Head", and that other guy that Jack tried to set Liz up with.
Old 01-19-07, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gold Case was, for me, the weakest aspect of the entire show. It was clear that the suitcases weighing so much was going to be the end joke, and it's obviousness didn't do anything to help.

And, I don't know why, but I found it hilarious that "The Hair" had a picture of his great-aunt sitting around.

This show is slowly growing into it's own.
Old 01-19-07, 02:52 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Baldwin's subtle "Oh no" had me dying.
Old 01-19-07, 04:13 PM

I can post this now that the episode has shown

http://www.onelocalnews.com/prescott...44887&source=2

NBC‘s `30 Rock‘: Chockablock with laughs
2007/1

By FRAZIER MOORE, AP Television Writer
14 minutes ago

NEW YORK - The supreme looniness of "30 Rock" rings clear in the lips-scrunching phrase "rural juror."

"It came out of a discussion in the writers‘ room last June," explained Tina Fey , auteur and star of this NBC comedy. "I said,

You know what two words I cannot pronounce properly?‘"

Random jokes, droll characters and strangely relatable life dilemmas are all being fused by Fey and Company into the season‘s funniest new sitcom. OK, maybe that damns it with faint praise. Just say "30 Rock" (airing Thursday at 9:30 p.m. EST) is as chockablock with laughs as anything on TV.

Lemon‘s days are filled not just with pulling the show together, but, more to the point, mediating between her two volatile performers, Tracy Jordan (fellow "SNL" alum Tracy Morgan ) and Jenna Maroney ( Jane Krakowski , "Ally McBeal"), while attempting to ward off Jack Donaghy, the meddling NBC exec who oversees Liz‘s show (as well as other sundry pieces of parent General Electric‘s empire).

Played with reptilian breeziness by Alec Baldwin (who this week snagged a Golden Globe for his achievement), Donaghy could be described as a polished version of bullying boss Lou Grant from the classic " Mary Tyler Moore Show."

Like Mary, Liz is handed loads of responsibility yet limited power. Custodian of not one but two high-maintenance stars, she in effect has a pair of Ted Baxters to contend with.

On Thursday‘s episode, Liz has her best shot yet at love when an attractive man from MSNBC asks her out. But, however dazzled by his overtures, she has her guard up.

Needless to say, things do go awry. At least it‘s nobody‘s fault.

She didn‘t even have a moment to pin down the title of Jenna‘s soon-to-be-released feature film. Whenever Jenna mentioned it, it always sounded like "Ruhhr Juhhrr," but that couldn‘t be right.

Thus did the "Rural Juror" inspiration find its way into a December episode. Then it enjoyed a reprise last week when Jenna‘s film got a sneak peek by other people on her show (who were relieved to learn the title wasn‘t "Roar Her, Gem Her" or "Oral Germ Whore").

That certainly goes for the cast — in particular, Baldwin, who, with his performance, somehow strikes a balance between corporate shark and mensch.

"Lemon," purrs Donaghy on entering her office to find her wolfing down a fast lunch, "what tragedy happened in your life that you insist upon punishing yourself with all this mediocrity?"

"What?" she replies. "Because I‘m eating a turkey sub?"

"Your turkey sub, your clothes, the fact that a woman of your resources and position lives like some boxcar hobo. Or maybe it‘s the fact that while I‘m saying all this, you have a piece of lettuce stuck in your hair."

The writing is smart and meticulously crafted.

"We try to put tiny jokes throughout that connect," said Fey, taking a break to chat from the Queens studio where "30 Rock" is shot. "We aspire in some ways to be as dense as

The Simpsons.‘ That‘s the gold standard."

But "30 Rock‘s" knack for exposing the dizzy, often picayunish concerns of its characters as a universal human condition recalls another gold-medal comedy, "Seinfeld."

Like "Seinfeld," which dealt with the life of a standup comic when he wasn‘t making comedy, "30 Rock" is mostly about life when its characters aren‘t making television — but instead come face to face with their own riotous hang-ups.

The growing richness of "30 Rock" makes Thursday a natural home, where NBC‘s "Must-See TV" tradition took hold a quarter-century ago.

Of course, after "Seinfeld," the unfortunate arrogance reflected in that slogan caught up with the network as later comedies routinely misfired. Since then, viewers have mourned — and maybe idealized — bygone Thursday lineups boasting "Cheers," "Frasier" and "Friends" (but also "Veronica‘s Closet," "Caroline in the City" and "The Single Guy").

Since December, any longing for the past can be laid to rest. The night now begins at 8 p.m. with the madcap "My Name is Earl," followed by the sublimely woebegone "The Office" and hospital high jinks on "Scrubs" (which this week features an inventive full-scale musical episode), then concluding with "30 Rock."

A lineup to be proud of, it‘s promoted by NBC with a less coercive motto than the one before: "Comedy Night Done Right." It could even make Liz Lemon smile.

___

On the Net:

http://www.nbc.com

__

EDITOR‘S NOTE — Frazier Moore is a national television columnist for The Associated Press. He can be reached at fmoore(at)ap.org

Chris

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.