Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Question re: Queensryche's "Tribe" CD Art

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-07, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just yesterday received, for my birthday, the only Queensryche CD I did not have - Tribe. That said, can anyone tell me what their CD art looks like? Mine is 100% black! That's right - all black! No "Queensryche" or "Tribe" on it, in fact there is no writing at all on the disc, just a completely black disc. Is this right or do I have a misprint? The official QR site shows the disc silkscreen in the "concept" section as being black with just "Queensryche" on the top and "Tribe" on the bottom in red lettering, but I'm not sure if this silkscreen is the official release or not. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TonyS; 01-12-07 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-12-07, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This is unfortunately the only Q'ryche CD I am missing. A solid black disc seems very weird. Did the insert look genuine? I tried looking up the disc art online but couldn't find it.
Old 01-12-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I believe mine was all black. Unfortunately that still was the best thing about this cd.
Old 01-13-07, 07:04 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Just seeing the name Queensryche's reminds me of when my one friend came to my dad's funeral and a bunch of us went back to the house to get away for a while and when we headed back in his car he had just bought "promised land" and he was going through the songs for me but didn't want to play "the bridge", and then I remember he called me from one of the concerts and left "silent lucidity" on my answering machine.
Old 01-13-07, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Yeah "The Bridge" would be a tough song to hear after your Dad's funeral.
Old 01-13-07, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by darkside
This is unfortunately the only Q'ryche CD I am missing. A solid black disc seems very weird. Did the insert look genuine? I tried looking up the disc art online but couldn't find it.
darkside - The insert, and rear art all look 100% genuine! The disc was completely sealed with the "anti-theft sticker thingie" across the top as well. All the tracks are on it and play fine. The only thing is that it is 100% black. It just seems weird because if you just found this CD lying around, you'd have no clue who it was by, etc. until you popped it in a player. Strange!

Anyone out there actually have the CD and can check for me?

Thanks again!
Old 01-13-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My copy of the cd is black.
(i.e. no printing or anything on it......just black.)

So, it sounds right.
Old 01-13-07, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by edclem
My copy of the cd is black.
(i.e. no printing or anything on it......just black.)

So, it sounds right.
edclem - thanks for the confirmation on the black, just plain black, Tribe CD!
Old 03-18-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MANBREASTS
Just seeing the name Queensryche's reminds me of when my one friend came to my dad's funeral and a bunch of us went back to the house to get away for a while and when we headed back in his car he had just bought "promised land" and he was going through the songs for me but didn't want to play "the bridge", and then I remember he called me from one of the concerts and left "silent lucidity" on my answering machine.
I don't remember the first part of that, but I think I remember doing the second part.