TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

BET to start showing episodes of 'The Wire' on Jan 10, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-07, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BET to start showing episodes of 'The Wire' on Jan 10, 2007

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20070103bet01

[01.03.07 - 08:26 AM]
BET TAPS 'THE WIRE' WITH THE BASIC CABLE PREMIERE OF THE PEABODY AWARD-WINNING DRAMA
Released by BET

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BET Taps 'THE WIRE' With The Basic Cable Premiere Of The Peabody Award-Winning Drama

The Surveillance Continues on BET When the Critically-Acclaimed Series Begins with Marathon Presentation on January 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 3 -- On Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, the critically acclaimed HBO series THE WIRE will begin airing on BET with its series premiere. The basic cable, multi-season run of THE WIRE on BET will consist of all 50 produced episodes, with each episode airing in a 90-minute block. The first three episodes will be shown in a three-day marathon beginning Wednesday, January 10 through Friday, January 12 from 9- 10:30 p.m. ET/PT each night. Beginning January 18, THE WIRE can be seen every Thursday night at 9 p.m ET /PT with an encore run on Saturday nights at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The Peabody Award-winning series tells the story of a single drugs-and- murder police investigation from the point of view of both the police and their targets.

As episodes unfold, a probe by Baltimore homicide and narcotics detectives results in a complex sprawl of wiretaps and surveillances, revealing a universe in which the national war on drugs has become a permanent, self- sustaining bureaucracy, and distinctions between good and evil are routinely obliterated.

Since its inception, THE WIRE has garnered critical praise from some of the nation's top critics. Entertainment Weekly proclaimed, "'THE WIRE'- the best series on TV, period - is brutal and brilliant."

The first season of THE WIRE starred Dominic West as Detective James McNulty, Sonja Sohn as Narcotics Detective Shakima Greggs, Lt. Cedric Daniels as Lance Reddick, Larry Gilliard, Jr. as young midlevel dealer D'Angelo Barksdale, Wood Harris as Avon Barksdale and Idris Elba as Stringer Bell. The first season of "THE WIRE" also features John Doman, Frankie R. Faison, Seth Gilliam, Domenick Lombardozzi, Deirdre Lovejoy, Clarke Peters, Corey Parker- Robinson, Wendell Pierce, Andre Royo, Jim True-Frost and JD Williams.

THE WIRE was created by David Simon, who also serves as executive producer. Robert F. Colesberry and Nina Kostroff Noble also executive produce. Joe Chapelle is co-executive producer and Edward Burns and Karen Thorson are producers.

SOURCE BET Networks
http://www.bet.com/

I don't watch BET. I wonder if they are going to edit these episodes for content? But it's good news that more people will get to see this great show!

Chris
Old 01-03-07, 01:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20070103bet01

I don't watch BET. I wonder if they are going to edit these episodes for content? But it's good news that more people will get to see this great show!

Chris
Flip you, Yo!

We're going to get that cornsucker Omar
Old 01-03-07, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd like to see how the flip they air the scene between Bunk and McNulty in "Old Cases".

das
Old 01-03-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm laughing at the different possibilities of about how they would possibly edit the apartment crime scene where Bunk and McNulty alternate saying "fuck" and nothing else for about five minutes.

I see Das and I are on the same page..
Old 01-03-07, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Heavy editing may result in The Wire becoming an unintentioned comedy.
Old 01-03-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
While I love the show, I don't think it will work in syndication. Besides the already mentioned editing, it isn't the type of show you can just jump into. People will try to watch episodes here and there, and then wonder what all the fuss is about because they don't understand what is going on.
Old 01-03-07, 02:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Maybe it will be like the MadTV sketch where they did The Sopranos on PAX
Old 01-03-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So can a black network say ******?
Old 01-03-07, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts