Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The One & Only CD Sales and Trade Thread (2007)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A new thread for 2007. Hopefully, we can get more people involved this year (including myself!!). I will put a link in the Rank'em thread and I should hopefully have a list in here for sale soon.

Anyhow, the rules are simple:

Do not auction cds.
When selling, put a price on the item.
Of course just let people know whether its available for sale or trade. Dont be vague.
Try to give a good description of the CD, and the packaging (booklet, digi, jewel, etc.).

DO NOT SELL BOOTLEGS OR COPYS OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT!!
This will no doubt get you booted very quickly.
Old 01-02-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Guidelines from the Exchange Forum (Thanks Mao!)

Please note that links to off-site auctions or trade sites are prohibited. If you want to post in this thread, you need to post the items for sale/trade here. This is not the place to "promote" your auction.

This thread is not designed to be a place for people to "open shop" to DVD Talk members, so please do not try, as your thread and account may be closed.

Getting The Best Results:

For best results, be sure to post both the items you are trading and what you are looking for in return. The most successful traders are the ones who have a comprehensive list of what they are looking for and what they have to trade.

When listing what you have, it's incredibly important to be honest and clear about what you have and what condition it is in. It's much better to indicate that a CD has a small scratch or is in OK condition before a trade versus dealing with an unhappy trader when they get something that is not in the condition than they expected. Also many like to know if the CD you are trading is a 'cut out' or promotional CD. Please note if the CD you have to trade may have a 'cut out' of the barcode to indicate that it is a promotional DVD. It may also be helpful to note if the CD is from BMG or Columbia House.

If you have items which you are selling, you must post a price! This is not an auction site, and should someone meet your asking price, you are obliged to make the deal and not try to squeeze out more.

Doing The Swap:

Once you've found an ideal swap, and feel comfortable with the person you are going to be swapping with, you should follow these steps:

- Re-confirm that you are getting exactly what you want and be sure you've fully disclosed any flaws in physical packaging (casing) or in the item itself.

- Make sure you have the correct and complete mailing address (always try to get and provide the Zip+4 as it speeds delivery).

- E-mail the person you are going to trade with and agree on shipping method, date, and time. It's very important that once you've agreed to send something out at a specific time, that you do everything you can to meet that commitment. Long delays in sending your items may result in your forum account being suspended & further complications, so DO NOT BE LATE.

- If the transaction involves payment, discuss the method of payment. VERY IMPORTANT: When sending money via Pay Pal, always get the other person's real info including: full name, address, and phone number.

- See tips and advice on shipping items below.

- Once everything is agreed on, do the swap. Be sure to send an e-mail confirmation to the person you are swapping with to tell them exactly when their package went out and when you receive the items they sent you. This final piece of communication is very important and can really make a good trade even better.

Shipping Tips:

- Be sure to properly pack and pad your item when shipping. If you are shipping a CD, be sure it is not loose in its case. Some traders will also put in a single folded paper towel or bubble wrap inside the case to make sure the disc does not come loose or rattle around. If the prongs on your case are broken and the disc is loose, consider replacing the case before sending it.

- Always consider using Delivery Confirmation when sending via USPS. For any item sent via Priority Mail, it is only 45 cents! That way you can always see when the item has been delivered. Include a card of some sort listing the sender's and recipient's address information INSIDE the package

- If the item has some value (like a $45 Box Set or rare Out-Of-Print CD) you may want to strongly consider some form of insurance. This way, if the item is damaged or lost, you will not be out a considerable amount of money.

- Use block caps in addresses, avoid punctuation, and leave 2 spaces between state and zip code. Use a ZIP+4 code whenever possible.

- If you swap with someone outside of the United States be sure to affix a customs declaration form. Not having a form could lead to your package being open or seriously delayed. Also with the new US Mail standards for packages coming from outside the US, you should allow at least 2 week for any package to arrive. Please note that over 50% of the bad trades reported involve trades across country lines, so you do these trades at your own risk.
Old 01-02-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Feel free to copy and paste your lists from the old thread.

I'll have a list up soon.
Old 01-02-07, 08:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll trade or sell the following. I'll sell for $3 ea., unless otherwise noted, plus shipping. You can everything for $40.

Pearl Jam
Lost Dogs $8
Ten
Vs
Vitalogy
* All Pearl Jam CDs $20 shipped.

Helloween
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1
Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 2
I Want Out: Live $10

DVDs:
Megadeth:Video Hits

Videos:
Faith No More: "Who Cares A Lot?" and Live at the Brixton Academy

My Wants:
Gamma Ray CDs (Any and all)
Genesis CD w/Supper's Ready on it
Megadeth "Rude Awakening" CD
Megadeth "Behind the Music VH1" DVD
10,000 Maniacs "Time Capsule" DVD
Pearl Jam Live CDs
Live Imports/Rare CDs: Any by Faith No More, Iron Maiden, Metallica (maybe), Megadeth, Helloween, Anthrax, Primus/Les Claypool
DVDs: BattleStar Gallactica TV Show, Three’s Company – Seasons 6 and up, Fresh Prince, Machinist, Dog Day Afternoon

Last edited by Lee Harvey Oswald; 04-23-07 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-10-07, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I may sell later on, but really only looking to trade for now. I'll trade these 1:1 for other CDs in most cases. Everything listed below is the original CD, case and all artwork. Most should be near mint or better, just ask about specific titles. Some of these are club CDs from BMG.

I don't have any specific wants. I listen to a variety of music, especially indie and punk stuff. I'm open to anything from pre-war blues to Sinatra to classic rock to today. Just give me a list of what you've got and I'll gladly look. Frankly, this is all stuff I know I'm never gonna listen to, and I'd love to move it out for new stuff, so I'll consider trading for just about anything.

Tradelist:
3 Doors Down - The Better Life
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
AFI - Many, including all three cover variations of Sing The Sorrow
Amen - Amen
Desi Arnaz & His Orchestra - Babalu (Sealed)
Cold - 13 Ways To Bleed On Stage
Disturbed - The Sickness
Drain sth - Freaks Of Nature
Drowning Pool - Sinner
Heart - Desire Walks On
Insane Clown Posse - The Great Milenko
Cletus T. Judd - Cletus T. Judd (No Relation)
Cletus T. Judd - Did I Shave My Back For This?
Cletus T. Judd - I Stoled This Record
Cletus T. Judd - Juddmental
King's X - Dogman
Kittie - Charlotte (Single)
Kittie - Paperdoll EP
Kittie - Spit
Korn - All Mixed Up
Korn - Follow The Leader
Korn - Issues
Korn - Korn
Korn - Korn
Limp - Guitarded
Limp Bizkit - Three Dollar Bill Yall
Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Marilyn Manson - Smells Like Children
Mandy Moore - So Real
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
Papa Roach - Infest
Pearl Jam - Jeremy (Single)
Primer 55 - (The) New Release
Primer 55 - Introduction To Mayhem
Rammstein - Sehnsucht
Relative Ash - Our Time With You...
Saliva - Every Six Seconds
Slipknot - Slipknot
The Smashing Pumpkins - Machina
Soulfly - Primitive
Tantric - Tantric
The Union Underground - The Union Underground
White Zombie - Supersexy Swingin' Sounds

More to come, including sealed AFI, Thrice, Tsunami Bomb and others. I'll update tomorrow.
Old 01-25-07, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else selling off CDs?
Old 02-16-07, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

30 #1's is THE OOP SEALED version from WALMART with a bonus disc. Disc #1 has 31 tracks. Disc #2 is a 12-1/2 minute audio CD containing Elvis's Post-Army Interview.
2nd To None is the hard to find cover pictured above which is alot better than the original cover. It is openned but mint.

Selling both as a set for $35 shipped.
Old 03-07-07, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anybody interested in Rhett Miller's (from Old 97's) first solo album, Instigator?

I also have the Arctic Monkeys album (digipak).

If interested, shoot on over a list or post it here.
Old 04-13-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have Stevie Nicks' Crystal Visions CD to offer to trade. I finally found the CD/DVD combo version of it so I'll part with the regular CD. I'll ebay it in a week if I don't find anyone who wants to trade for it
Old 04-19-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Lee Harvey Oswald, I sent you an e-mail a few days ago. Did you get it?
Old 05-13-07, 07:27 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by auto
Hopefully, we can get more people involved this year [....]
This has been fairly low traffic so far and I am letting it loose to try something else out for a while.

Please bookmark the thread if it is something that you like to keep tabs on.

Also, there is a link at the bottom of the first post in auto's other stickied thread.
Old 06-08-09, 09:41 PM

Re: The One & Only CD Sales and Trade Thread (2007)

I'm not usually one to go for a wacky and wild thread bump, but I've enjoyed my experiences with DVDs on these forums much more so than on Amazon or eBay, so I figured it couldn't hurt to come here first with these CDs.

(100% positive ratings on Amazon and eBay, plus all pleasant transactions on DVDTalk)

Price include shipping via media mail.

Classical
(The naming system on these is a bit tricky, so I'm just copying Amazon's listing)

New, still sealed, tiny notch in spine)
- Sofia Gubaidulina - Gubaidulina - The Canticle of the Sun · Music for Flute Strings and Percussion / Pahud · LSO · London Voices · Rostropovich
- Franz Schubert - Schubert: Symphony No. 9 "The Great"
- Gautier Capuçon - Schubert: Trout Quintet
- J.S. Bach - Piotr Anderszewski Plays Bach: English Suite BWV 811/Beethoven: Piano Sonata Op. 110/Webern: Variations Op. 27
- Truls Mřrk - Schumann: Cello Concerto; Bloch: Schelomo; Bruch: Kol Nidrei
- Karol Szymanowski - Karol Szymanowski: Piano Sonata No. 3; Métopes; Masques
- Claude Debussy - Belcea Quartet ~ Debussy · Dutilleux · Ravel
- Sergey Rachmaninov - Rachmaninov: Symphony No. 1; The Isle of the Dead
- Alberto Ginastera - Schumann: Piano Concerto; Fantasiestücke,​ Op. 12
- Astor Piazzolla - Tango Sensations: Alban Berg Quartet
- Harald Proglhoff - R. Strauss: Four Last Songs
- Antonin Dvorak - Dvorák: Tone Poems

Opened, handled carefully, tiny notch in spine)
- Hector Berlioz - Philharmonia Promenade Concert
- Gregorio Allegri - Pachelbel's Canon and Other Baroque Favorites

Ideally, I'd like to sell all 14 as a package for $70. But I'd be somewhat open to one for $8, two for $15, etc., if there are only a few you're interested in.

---

On a completely different note...

Guano Apes - Proud Like a God, Autographed on booklet back. Very nice condition, with a tiny hole taken out of the bar code.

A quick look at the booklet front and back:

I'm looking for $14 on this.

Open to seeing trade lists if you have them, but selling is preferred.

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-09-09, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The One & Only CD Sales and Trade Thread (2007)

Here are some CD's I have for trade, all are mint and playable!

3 Doors Down - The Better Life
Amathysteum - Evermind
Anata - The Infernal Depths of Hatred
Apartment 26 - Music for the Massive
Appolofourforty - Gettin' High on your own Supply
Ayreon - The Human Equation
Blindside - About a Burning Fire
Bloodsimple - A Cruel World
Candiria - The Coma Imprint
Cannibal Corpse - Vile
The Gathering - Sleepy Buildings
Green Day - International Superhits!
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution
Instruction - God Doesn't Care
Killswitch Engage - Alive or Just Breathing
Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache
Limp Bizkit - Significant Other
Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water (Target Bonus CD)
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
P.O.D. - Satellite
SR71 - Now you see inside
Stonesour - Come What(ever) May
Systematic - Pleasure to Burn

I also have Black Label Society's 'The Blessed Hellride' signed by Zakk Wylde at Ozzfest 2004 - $40

Wants

M.I.A. - Kala
Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream
Bloc Party - Flux
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
The Faint - Fasciination
Portishead - Third
Muse - Absolution
Santigold - Santigold
Any Traveling Wilbury's
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Other interests, just send me what you have, I can't guarentee I'll want it...but I might

Last edited by Moopher; 06-09-09 at 02:32 AM.