Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

Brand Name Logos in TIFF format?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-06, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There use to be a site where you could get corporate Logo's in TIFF format.

Does anybody still have the link or know where I can get HIRES files of the logos for:
BlueRay
HD)DVD
DVD+R/RW
DVD-R/RW

Or better yes does anybody here know of an updated version of the 'ADA' or 'DVD' "TrueType" fonts that has the three logos added to it?

--David
Old 12-30-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

www.brandsoftheworld.com
Old 12-30-06, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
Thanks.. I was searching using "logo" using Google and it never came up!
Old 12-31-06, 12:56 AM
Bye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, most of the stuff there is in .eps format, which is of course miles better than .tiff, but make sure you're using a program that can work with them. You'll occasionally find Corel Draw or Illustrator files there, too.

By the way, what's this logo font you speak of? That might be a good addition to my arsenal -- mind e-mailing it to me? Thanks.
Old 12-31-06, 05:37 AM

Thanks
Old 12-31-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you're working with logos, you want them in either .eps of .ai format (basically, vector format). You want the ability to scale them up as large as possible without losing any image quality. Large scale .tiffs are much more unlikely to find online and file sizes can be just ginormous. Vector (scalable) logos is what you would want.
Old 12-31-06, 01:04 PM
Bye

If you're working with logos, you want them in either .eps of .ai format (basically, vector format). You want the ability to scale them up as large as possible without losing any image quality. Large scale .tiffs are much more unlikely to find online and file sizes can be just ginormous. Vector (scalable) logos is what you would want.
Doesn't anybody read my posts anymore?

Originally Posted by Mike Adams
...which is of course miles better than .tiff, but make sure you're using a program that can work with them.
Not all graphics programs can handle .eps files, so while I've already said they are indeed much better than a bitmapped .tiff file, it seemed necessary to warn the OP that the logos found at BotW may not work with his current software. Doesn't matter how big you can scale them without losing quality if you can't import them into your graphics software, does it?
Old 12-31-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mike,

For the first part, I was simply agreeing with you.

And anyone who's doing any kind of serious design work would be using a program that can handle .eps files. They're a pretty standard file format these days.
Old 01-01-07, 01:28 PM
Bye

Mike,

For the first part, I was simply agreeing with you.

And anyone who's doing any kind of serious design work would be using a program that can handle .eps files. They're a pretty standard file format these days.
Well, there are little clues like "Yes, _______" and "____ are indeed _____" that draw the line between someone ignoring what has been said, then posting as if they're the first to say it and merely voicing agreement with a previous post. I didn't see any of those clues in your post, but that's fine, I see where you're coming from.

Secondly, you answered your own question. Would anyone doing serious design work be asking for TIFF logos? Besides, creating replacement DVD covers can hardly be called "serious design work", and the people who do it often use little more than a scanner and Microsoft Word, or perhaps dedicated cover-design software like that included with Nero (in other words, you and I are in the minority). I could be mistaken as to how common it is for low-end software like that to have .eps import capability, but I felt that pointing anyone toward BotW required the caveat that most everything there is in .eps format. I'd hate to see someone spend hours going through the vast wealth of logos there (and as you know, you can definitely spend that kind of time there) only to find that they can't use a single damn logo after hours of browsing and downloading.

Still, no harm, no foul. I wasn't genuinely pissed off, just maybe a bit incredulous that someone would debate the merits of making sure people know the requirements for using logos from BotW before sending them there.

On another note, I didn't immediately recognize the software package depicted in the screenshot you posted in the NIN "closure" thread. I'd assume it was either Photoshop or PaintShop Pro, but wasn't sure. What exactly do you use? We can take this to e-mail if it'll annoy others.

Later,
Mike

Last edited by Mike Adams; 01-01-07 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-01-07, 01:41 PM
Bye

Whoops, I recognize it now. Looks to be Photoshop CS2 for Windows. I recently acquired the Mac version, but it requires Mac OS 10.4 ("Tiger"), and the only machine I plan to run Tiger on is Intel-based, which means CS2 would have to run through Apple's "Rosetta" PPC-to-Intel translator, which would probably impede performance. Of course I have noticed that Adobe is offering a Universal Binary as a beta release, so I may look into that. For now, I'll be sticking with Photoshop 7, which has served me well for years.

Peace out.