Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gamecube Madcatz memory stuck in WII

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-06, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Gamecube Madcatz memory stuck in WII

A word of warning. I just had a madcatz memory card get stuck in my Wii. It goes in easy but getting it out is hold another matter. I had to squeeze and pull at the same time to get it out. Its one of those super cards with a ton of memory.

On a side note I can not find my nintendo memory card and that had all the saves on it I cared about. hmmmm wait maybe its still in the gamecube. Got to check that out.

You have been warned.
Old 12-26-06, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think any product carrying the Madcatz name is warning enough. I guess it's good to have when you need something in a pinch, but personally, first party all the way.
Old 12-26-06, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good news is my nintendo card was indeed in my GC and it fits perfectly and can be removed with no problem from the WII. The bad news is a small piece of the madcatz card seems to be stuck in the memory slot A, so I can not use that slot now.

So I managed to break my wii in one day. Not sure if I'm going to grab some needle nose pliers to try to pull it out or just return it. I'm not sure if this is even covered or not. Good job Baron, you dumb bastard.
Old 12-26-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmmm under careful review I now believe what I am seeing is part of the WII that got bent out of shape.

Its the same situation this guy was having.
http://boards.ign.com/wii_sports/b10567/131582248/p1/
Old 12-27-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok so after looking at bottom slot and comparing it with the top slot it was clear that the metal pressure piece sprung up to far. There are a pair of these pressure things on each slot. The one on the left on slot A was sticking out instead of being seated in its little groove. A small bump of this strip is meant to stick out to hold the card in place. It holds the card by pressing up on it instead of down. So I took a a really small screw driver (the kind you would use on a watch) and and pressed down until it was seated in the groove again. This has fixed the problem.

I can see why it happen and don't believe it had anything to do with madcatz card. The little pressure thing are shaped like a hook with the curve pointed outward and the pointy hook part pointing back into the Wii. So I believe a small bit of this hook was over extended and caught on the card.Once caught pulling on it pulled the metal pressure thing out even more making it so I couldn't put another card in. When I squeezed down on the card I believe it lifted the front up just enough to clear the hook.

On second thought the madcatz card might have been the problem. The madcatz card has more to catch on than the GC card.