Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

video game toilets

Old 12-19-06, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
video game toilets

Look, it’s the 12 best video game toilets of all times: http://maximonline.com/slideshows/in...=107&src=gp156 I thought it was interesting that they were almost all FPS games. I guess you can look at the toilets better from a first person perspective. I also thought they should have the toilet from Condemned there with all the poo and the severed head. And Sims 2 has a much wider selection of toilets than Sims 1. Still, funny.
Old 12-19-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeez, the Alone in the Dark entry looks like they wrote it from the screenshot alone without ever having played the game. Typical. And what DOOM level is that from?

Anyway, I read it solely to see if they mentioned the toilet in Space Quest II and they didn't. The Space Quest II scene beats all of them. In Space Quest II, you hide in a toilet stall on the evil overlord's asteroid fortress and actually get to take a sh*t while reading the graffiti-covered walls. By the time you finish reading them and stand up, a realistic five minutes will have passed. And the game's descriptions of the sights, sounds and smells there are unrivaled in videogame history.
Old 12-19-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dugan
Jeez, the Alone in the Dark entry looks like they wrote it from the screenshot alone without ever having played the game. Typical. And what DOOM level is that from?

Anyway, I read it solely to see if they mentioned the toilet in Space Quest II and they didn't. The Space Quest II scene beats all of them. In Space Quest II, you hide in a toilet stall on the evil overlord's asteroid fortress and actually get to take a sh*t while reading the graffiti-covered walls. By the time you finish reading them and stand up, a realistic five minutes will have passed. And the game's descriptions of the sights, sounds and smells there are unrivaled in videogame history.
The whole thing was poorly written.
As for the DOOM toilet, although it has been years since I last played through the game, I really don't remember a toilet in a wooden-floored bathroom. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that screen is either from Final DOOM(which I never played) or one of a billion add-on levels.
Of course, now I have the urge to play through the game again just to find this toilet, so I may load it up tonight...

Last edited by KingSmoth; 12-19-06 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-19-06, 08:22 PM
Banned

I don't remember there being any toilets in any of the old Doom games, and I played Doom 1, 2, and Final Doom thousands of times throughout the '90s. It has to be from one of the countless mods.
Old 12-19-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
This is worthless without the toilet from the first stage of Goldeneye on the N64.
Old 12-20-06, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^Exactly what I was thinking of. Goldeneye is the first game that came to mind.
Old 12-20-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=226751

We've had a thread about toilets in video games. I don't agree with the list based on what was included and what was omitted. I hate Maxim though - I'd rather read the subscription card to Cat Fancy than try to read any of Maxim's articles (while on the toilet).
Old 12-20-06, 02:51 PM
Banned

I wish they would make a game of Demolition Man and include the three seashells as a minigame. Maybe they could make it a Wii game, so that you could use the wiimote to go through the motions of using the seashells.
Old 12-20-06, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
This is worthless without the toilet from the first stage of Goldeneye on the N64.
Yeah, I think the list is old or something. What's the newest game on there, anyone know?
Old 12-20-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus

First video game toliet I thought of.
Old 12-20-06, 06:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diabolita23
Yeah, I think the list is old or something. What's the newest game on there, anyone know?
The list can't be that old. Prey is on there and it came out this year for Xbox360 and PC.