Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"Scrubs" Season 5...anyone know when?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-06, 11:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 908 Likes on 768 Posts
"Scrubs" Season 5...anyone know when?

I really need more "Scrubs"! Now that they are on Comedy Central I just can't help to watch and think it might do my Season sets in, but I love em all.

Any news on when S5 will be out?
Old 12-03-06, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is a preview on the alias season 5 set that says Scrubs season 5 will be out Spring 2007
Old 12-03-06, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Alex-W
there is a preview on the alias season 5 set that says Scrubs season 5 will be out Spring 2007
awesome! I can't wait! My sister and I just finished 1-4 a week ago and we've been wanting a fix. idon't want to watch any of the newer episodes until i watch all the older ones.
Old 12-03-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Funny thing about this thread. I just started watching reruns of scrubs on comedy central and quite honestly just fell in love with the show, so much so I'm thinking about buying the various season sets, but.....

The show seems to use alot of copyrighted music (kung fu fighting, etc) Does anyone know if they had to replace a lot of the original music?
Old 12-03-06, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by shacmasta
The show seems to use alot of copyrighted music (kung fu fighting, etc) Does anyone know if they had to replace a lot of the original music?
On the DVDs, replacement music was used once because the band (Five for Fighting, I think) raised their price. This is on the first season DVD set. The rest of the seasons released (2-4) have all of their original music.
Old 12-03-06, 02:39 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

They've only replaced one song in the 4 seasons out on DVD - A Five for Fighting song on Season 1.

*EDIT*

Whoops, that's not right, apparently. I just looked it up, and according to this site, 13 music cues were changed for the Season 1 DVD. Seasons 2, 3, and 4 on DVD appear to be unchanged, however.

Last edited by sb5; 12-03-06 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-03-06, 04:11 PM

Funny thing about this thread. I just started watching reruns of scrubs on comedy central and quite honestly just fell in love with the show, so much so I'm thinking about buying the various season sets, but.....

get them...get them all now!
Old 12-03-06, 09:15 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Actually just literally finished watching Season 4 and can't wait for Season 5 to hit the shelves. Spring 2007 sounds about right. The last couple of seasons have been released on Region 2 first and then Region 1 gets its release about 6 weeks later.

Shacmasta - I highly recommend that you go and pick up the sets now. You won't regret it, and besides it's so much better watching them on DVD than TV.
Old 12-04-06, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

plus seasons 1-3 at least have been on many of the recent sales for under 20 bucks, which is why i got them blind.
Old 12-05-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There was at least one change in season 4 that really pissed me off. At the end of "My Life in Four Cameras", the Cheers theme (which carried the whole premise of the show) was replaced with generic background music for DVD and syndication.
Old 12-05-06, 01:55 PM

That was due to a rights issue and was known at the time the episode was shot - the rights to use the Cheers song were granted only for the episode's initial broadcast, so the producers knew at the time the episode was completed that they'd have to change the music out for all subsequent airings/releases.
Old 12-05-06, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
You can get Season Five on iTunes now. It's expensive, but it gave me some precious little 22 minute blocks of relief when I went on a trip with my in-laws recently.
Old 12-05-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bet there will be a special complete series set after scrubs tv run is done.
Old 12-05-06, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Piazza
I bet there will be a special complete series set after scrubs tv run is done.
Most likely. I wonder how much longer the series will be if Braff indeed does leave after Season 6. That would be like Topher leaving That 70's show.

Spring 2007 seems right as mentioned above. I think the previous 2 seasons were released in similar fashion, fall/spring dates.
Old 12-11-06, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Depression
Most likely. I wonder how much longer the series will be if Braff indeed does leave after Season 6. That would be like Topher leaving That 70's show.

Spring 2007 seems right as mentioned above. I think the previous 2 seasons were released in similar fashion, fall/spring dates.
you know, as much as i love Zach Braff on the show, i really think the show can survive pretty well without him. i am not sure why and i am probably dead wrong, but the other characters i think can carry the show and perhaps they will do something funny and unexpected by actually leaving the J.D. character and simply use another actor. probably not and i am sure the show will suck, but it is a possibility.
Old 12-11-06, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by silentbob007
There was at least one change in season 4 that really pissed me off. At the end of "My Life in Four Cameras", the Cheers theme (which carried the whole premise of the show) was replaced with generic background music for DVD and syndication.
i remember that originally and now when i see the repeats on Comedy Central, that ending of J.D. watching tv seems like it is missing something to really tie the episode up with the emotional impact the rest of the show had.
Old 12-11-06, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
Shacmasta - I highly recommend that you go and pick up the sets now. You won't regret it, and besides it's so much better watching them on DVD than TV.
not to mention that it is edited and cut on the tv broadcasts.
Old 12-20-06, 02:28 PM

well, i just popped in my "Invincible" rental and much to my surprise was an ad for Scrubs: S5! It just says coming this Spring, so no exact date, but the extras include a never before seen Animated episode and a Director's Cut (Zach Braff's cut) of the 100th episode.

I can't wait!
Old 12-27-06, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The replaced music is well documented on this site:

http://scrubs.mopnt.com/music/

I frequently reference it to add to my Scrubs iPod playlist.
Old 04-08-07, 12:20 AM

so DVDPlanet duped me! they have 5 listed as 4/10/07 so i pre=ordered it and watched this past week to see if i'd get the early shipping. then i noticed all other sites list as 5/22/07. now, i'm bummed!