Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Small Arms (360 arcade)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-06, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small Arms (360 arcade)

For a knock-off, I must say this is pretty fantastic. It's Smash Brothers, online, with a emphasis on guns! The graphics for this xbox LIVE arcade game surpasses anything else available, not to mention its like getting a 40+ game for about 8 bucks.

The 4 player battle matches online are pretty hectic, but addictive. The level design is good, with some matches having active zones to trap your opponent, and release noxious gas, causing them great damage.
Old 11-29-06, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've played this briefly, but need to get into it some more. Seemed VERY cool.
Old 11-29-06, 08:12 AM

the biggest qualm I have right now is that it seems one of the selectable characters seems so much more powerful then the rest, specifically that black guy with the robocop-esque visor, that shoots electricity. His special owns
Old 11-29-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I really want to like this game but I feel like the control is a bit imprecise and sometimes it's almost impossible to tell where my character is. Probably the best $10 game since Cloning Clyde or Mutant Storm Reloaded.
Old 11-29-06, 08:42 AM

I'm still writing up the review for this but it will be posted sometime this evening. Model 51 (something like that) is the one you're reffering to Kurrpt and he's the one I initially was able to make it through challenge mode with, he really did seem like an overpowering character.

the assasin pig character is awesome for shooting people off of ledges. The level with the big log in the middle/bottom area of the map, I chose the pig. I would sit on the platform bottom/ right and wait for people to come after me when they landed on the same ledge I would shoot them and they would fall between the gaps.

I agree with you Bus about sometimes getting confused as to where my character is. It can get quite hectic at times.

Overall though this game freakin rocks.
Old 11-29-06, 08:43 AM

yea, i understand where you are coming from, but you have that problem in Smash brothers as well.

It helped me loads to pick a silver/black color for my character, and I seriously didn't "lose" him the entire match. I hate when you think you are another opponent controlled character, only to learn that you were moving the whole time, and are now falling off the cliff
Old 11-29-06, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I played the demo the other day with my kids and they loved it. It's now one of their top wants for Christmas. I may have to buy a couple MS points cards for stocking stuffers.
Old 11-29-06, 10:31 AM

yea, i NEVER thought I would be buying points, especially off of the market place, but i couldn't resist with this one
Old 11-29-06, 10:38 AM

it's definitely worth the points especially if people will play it on live.
Old 11-29-06, 10:40 AM

i have a problem trying to get other friends on LIVE to get this game. I even offered to buy it for them
Old 11-29-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Add me to your list or tell me what your G-tag is. I'm still giving this game chances, since I already bought it. Until I get majorly burned, I'm buying every single XBLA title.
Old 11-29-06, 06:40 PM

I like it too but agree that it's difficult to find where your guy is at times. Also, does anybody know how to unlock that tree thing?
Old 11-29-06, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't get into this. I loved super smash bros, but this is just blahhh. I only tried the demo though, perhaps thats my problem?
Old 11-29-06, 07:28 PM

Finally a reason to start spending points. I have about 5000, with two extra 1600 point cards I haven't opened yet.
Old 11-29-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

nice game .. my kids love it as well. I'm interested to see what the "downloadable content" will be.
Old 11-29-06, 09:05 PM

I like the online multiplayer. I absolutely hate the single player, though. It's a hard enough game as it is, but three on one? Not fun.

Four player free for all is a blast, though. I love that ninja girl.

Originally Posted by Eric D.
I like it too but agree that it's difficult to find where your guy is at times. Also, does anybody know how to unlock that tree thing?
I believe you just have to fight the tree in Mission mode and beat him/it. What sucks is that each character has a set path of who they fight, so you have to figure out who fights the tree. IIRC, the knight fights the tree. Actually, beating it with the teddy bear first character gets you everyone except the tree, so after that you're set.
Old 11-29-06, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
I believe you just have to fight the tree in Mission mode and beat him/it. What sucks is that each character has a set path of who they fight, so you have to figure out who fights the tree. IIRC, the knight fights the tree. Actually, beating it with the teddy bear first character gets you everyone except the tree, so after that you're set.
Thanks! I beat it with the dinosaur and unlocked everyone except the tree. I played through the game a second time with the unlockable robot and noticed that you fought different characters on different stages. So I was wondering if you had to beat the game with everyone to get the tree or something. Glad to know it's only one specific guy instead. Thanks again.
Old 11-29-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I couldn't get into this game. Perhaps it was the controls but I was look for a move that smashed the character off the screen. There doesn't seem to be a throw. Only shooting and punch/kick combos. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I did ok during the demo on one player mode but I didn't like it enough to buy. Perhaps I'll give it another chance.
Old 11-30-06, 07:55 AM

my gamertag is just my handle here "KurrptSenate"

My new favorite move has to be freezing someone in mid-air, and having them fall straight off the cliff with next-to-full health.

I can almost beat the entire game without continueing, if I use that robocop-esque guy, and I actually enjoy the 3 on 1 matches. I guess it's just the challenge, or the fact I'm constantly running for my life, and gunning in the process
Old 11-30-06, 11:21 AM

I downloaded this title last night; playing thru the single player before getting my ass kicked on live. I enjoy it; having a little issue with the controls (its very hard to aim, shoot and jump) but a few more nights of practice and I'll be ready.