Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Unit, "Report by Exception," 11/21/06

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
The Unit, "Report by Exception," 11/21/06

This is one of my favorite shows out there, hands down, but I have to say this episode was not one of my favorites. The wives' part was not that extensive, which was fine, and the escape/rescue was great, but Jonas hopping into the sack with the female operative--even though it was "for the sake of the mission"--didn't seem to fit. Anyone else watch?
Old 11-22-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought it was a nice that instead of spending half the episode struggling whether he should have sex with the hottie, he just went for it.

Ive noticed that Bob gets his ass kicked in every episode.

What was with the young wife spending all of her husbands money like it was water just because he was gone for a couple of weeks?

D
Old 11-23-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw
but Jonas hopping into the sack with the female operative--even though it was "for the sake of the mission"--didn't seem to fit.
Since he knew that the room was monitored, it fit. Jonas knows that one minor slip could give away his scam, as he found out later handling the gun too well.

I like the show and have resigned myself to "the wives" storylines - but I really wish the writers would use the other guys in the unit more and let Bob go diddle his wife or something for a few months.
Old 11-24-06, 07:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The reason I didn't like this eps is it got more overtly political than they usually do... the oversight committee, knocks against the VP (I don't think they ever named the President/VP in the series but IMHO it's easy to see the writers were leaving it open ended enough to mean Cheney), the whole War on Terror/war for oil thing. It's a free country and they can write/film what they want, but I watch these shows for distraction from reality if wanted these types of comments I'll go to the Political Forum.

WRT Jonas, the woman and the fact they left the man alive, I strongly suspect we are going to see the tape that was made resurface sometime in the future.

WRT the comment about focusing too much on Bob, although the series is called "The Unit" I got the sense the whole thing is more or less supposed to be his sotry. I mean the pilot eps started when he first joined right? I agree though it would be nice if they focus more on the other characters occasionally.

Last edited by nemein; 11-24-06 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-25-06, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts
I've really enjoyed the past 2 episodes. Seems like more action and less wifey stuff. I hope it's a trend that continues.
Old 11-25-06, 11:28 AM

I like the unit the best when they focus less on the wives and more on the actual unit. Whether it be out in the field or at homebase where they have the people with the computers/radios in contact with them.

Does anybody know if they are planning on having col. ryan leave the show or something. The way they were talking about him get a position in Washington and his wife loving it there?
Old 11-25-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I found it really distracting that the guy who was clearly modeled on Hugo Chavez was played by the guy who was the orderly on the show Nurses. It also annoyed me that they played the fictional Chavez in such a one sided way. There is plenty out there to suggest that Chavez isn't wearing a white hat even if you believe he isn't wearing a black one.

I think the young guy's girlfriend was spending money like that because she was worried about her boyfriend...both that he was sleeping around on her and that he may or may not be okay. I thought it was a nice story for them to tackle with the wives. In fact, I think this whole season has featured much stronger wives storylines than last year.