Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

good matrial art film with David Carradine

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-06, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

i am new here and like to say hello to everyone at DVD Talk .

Maybe someone can recommend me some really good matrial art films or KungFu episodes with David Carradine.Even though he is not that honoured and acknowledged like others (Bruce Lee,Jackie Chan) of this genre IMHO
he is a great charismatic person and a good KungFu actor.

I watched some KungFu episodes but that was long time ago.Can someone recommend me any episodes which really show his good KungFu potential?!Any smashing-must see films?!

Btw.Does anyone know which KungFu belt he owned?!Does he carry a black belt already?!

greetings
Sylvester

Last edited by Sylv.McCoy; 11-20-06 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-20-06, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Not a kung-fu action so much as a kung-fu philosophy but "Circle of Iron" is worth a look for fans. It's a weird one to be sure -- kind of like to kung-fu movies what Jodorowki's "El Topo" is to westerns (though not as good as that movie). How can you resist something with writing credits by Bruce Lee and James Coburn, with appearances by Carradine, Christopher Lee, Roddy McDowell, and Eli Wallach? True, there's the awful surfer-dude in the lead role ... but taking up the Zen-like philosophy of the movie you should be able to put up with him.

My favorite Carradine action movie is "Death Race 2000". Not so much martial arts as I remember, but a great fun cult-movie. To be honest, most of his 80's low-budget action vehicles don't really do it for me: seemed a huge comedown after his career was so strong in the 70s.
Old 11-20-06, 05:20 PM

lol yeah i know Death race 2000 .Its a serious-funny Carmageddon film clone.Gooood one!Thanks for the Circle of Iron recom, i will go and look for it .

Ohhh and any extra ordinary KungFu episodes which are appreciable good?!

best regards
Sylvester
Old 11-20-06, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There is this one movie called Kill William 2 or Kill Bill 2 or something like that....