Reload this Page >

Prison Break may return in January

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-17-06, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

A new article in TV Guide says that Prison Break may return in late January instead of March.

Due to its swelling ratings — and just as likely because Fox has precious little mid-season programming waiting in the wings — there is talk that Prison Break might return from its winter hiatus much earlier than expected. The serialized thriller, set to air its "fall finale" on Nov. 27, was going to be MIA until March of next year, but a source now tells TVGuide.com that it could return as soon as late January. The emphasis being on could, seeing as Prison Break isn't very far ahead at all in production. Indeed, when I asked the lovely Sarah Wayne Callies about this scheduling shift on Thursday afternoon, she quipped, "They may have to start filming [the episodes] live, then, because we're pretty close to the wire!"

Pluses:
1. It gets paired with 24 right away and FOX will have it's action packed 2 hour Monday's earlier.
2. We're not left hanging for 3 1/2 months
3. We don't have to sit through more House re-runs on Monday

Minuses:
1. FOX will have to spread out 9 episodes over 5 months!!
2. Lots of repeats and probably some House re-runs
3. Or if they choose to air the back nine non-stop, the season will be over by March.

I cannot believe they are behind schedule shooting the show. They started production back in late June.
Old 11-17-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts
Okay I read another article that says FOX is bringing it back 1 week after 24 premieres.
Old 11-17-06, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
I'd prefer it come back in March. It would open up ESPN Big Monday for college hoops season in Jan/Feb for me.
Old 11-18-06, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I don't know why they don't just hold this show until January to premiere, and have a kickass block of this and 24.
Old 11-18-06, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
I don't know why they don't just hold this show until January to premiere, and have a kickass block of this and 24.
Probably because its a pretty big rating juggernaunt in August, and they thought it would help to launch VANISHED... the best Idea would probaly be to air 7/8 episodes starting in August until the playoffs and then put it on hiatus until January and premier it will 24 for the last 13/14 episodes...
Old 11-18-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I wouldn't call it a juggernaut. It usually does well in it's time slot, but it doesn't even have half the ratings that Deal or No Deal does. Still, the demographic is the same as 24. Fox could own that demographic on Monday nights after football is over.
Old 11-18-06, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd think they'd do better by begging for another two episodes (even at the cost of two next year) and running 11 straight starting on the first week of February sweeps.
Old 11-21-06, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FOX released a press release this morning with information on the return. It'll be back January 22nd (the week after 24's premiere) with a recap of the first 13 episodes of the season, then new episodes will start on the 29th.
Old 11-21-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
As goofy as this show is getting, I expect an alien spacecraft to swoop in at some point and abduct someone. Will probably be during sweeps.
Old 11-21-06, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe the aliens will give Kellerman the anal probe he deserves, and one to William Kim as well.
Old 11-22-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by scott27
FOX released a press release this morning with information on the return. It'll be back January 22nd (the week after 24's premiere) with a recap of the first 13 episodes of the season, then new episodes will start on the 29th.
Had they simply RUN the 13 episodes starting January 1, they have been to episode 14 by March.